D.B. Killing

dafuture4all

man o man did anybody see any of the practice from daletona today on nascar on demand i tell you what anybody that thinks junior was sandbaggin it earlier needed to see him today he was goin round that track like a hobo after a ham sandwich. go junior makin it 2 striaght 500's

Edited by donkeylips

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice win, Indians. There's something about that dome, I guess. By the way, I don't wear the maroon and grey, but whomever was disrespecting Mr. Van Huss earlier... please don't. Whatever side you sit on, he was a legend. I was there at Buck's 1000th win. Still have my button.

I made the statement earlier in this thread “Buch Van Cuss dome”. My statement was not directed too nor does it have anything to do with Mr. Van Huss personally!! I was simply referring to the lopsided calls other teams traditionally receive when they play in the Buch Van Huss dome. Not to mention the District All Tournament Team that was unfairly stacked with DB players last year!!! But we won’t have to worry about that this year since both tournaments will be played in a real gym! B)

By the way … good game Friday!! I don’t know how you did it but who cares … the HILL HAS BEEN defeated. Congratulations!!!!

SEE YA TUESDAY B)

1tshelley,

You take a shot at Coach Van Huss by disrespecting his name, but didn't mean anything personal...then why was his name mentioned incorrectly? Pretty lame excuse. Just asking that you not disrespect him or his name...you can dislike the Tribe all you want, but don't direct it toward him, please.

Plus, you make all these broad accusations, but don't respond to or answer my direct questions. Before Friday night's game I gave you the name of two of the officials who were going to be calling the game and asked for any known bias' they had...well?...and I asked you how many officials were D-B grads or lived in Kingsport, since the Indians get all those "home cooking calls", but I haven't seen any response to that inquiry either. So now you go with too many D-B players on last years All-District team...I don't remember how many, three? Harrison, Throp, Creech? is that right?...who do you think picked that team? D-B teachers or parents? Was someone from TN High left off that you think should have made it? I remember Buchanan and Porter. How about the All-Region team, too many Indians? let's see... Harrison, Throp, Creech, Morrison, were they on there? I truly don't remember...who do you think picked that one? It was played @ Mo East, remember...are you also saying that since the district and region are being played @ Viking Hall that someone from Bristol should cheat for the Vikings?...The Vikings don't need any help, they are an excellent team and we should see a great game Tuesday.

I appreciate the kind words regarding the Indian victory over the Hill. Hope you all can get them, too

Roll Tribe Roll

1tshelley,

You take a shot at Coach Van Huss by disrespecting his name, but didn't mean anything personal...then why was his name mentioned incorrectly? Pretty lame excuse. Just asking that you not disrespect him or his name...you can dislike the Tribe all you want, but don't direct it toward him, please.

To be honest with you SKUNK … I don’t know who Buck Van Huss is!??? Maybe I should but I don’t. He is probably a nice person and he was obviously a great player or coach. Do you really expect me to pay homage to a person just because his name is on the Dobyns Bennett basketball stadium?!!! What about Billy Brown, Herman Scott, Jim Bond or Billy Brown? Do these names mean anything to you? Probably not … but I can guaranty you that these names speak volumes to their own unique following. The name Buck Van Huss probably means a lot to you because he is someone from your school or alumni’s history, and you have probably followed his career. To me … it’s the name of the DB basketball stadium … and that was the ONLY thing on my mind when I made the statement “The Buck Van Cuss Dome”. Again I say that my comments were in no way meant to be a personal attach on Mr. Van Huss!!! So let it go clown!! By the way … those other names that I mentioned were also inductees to the Basketball Hall of Fame the same year Mr. Walter “Buck’’ Van Huss was. 1990!!!

Do you really expect me to pay homage to a person just because his name is on the Dobyns Bennett basketball stadium?!!! What about Billy Brown, Herman Scott, Jim Bond or Billy Brown? Do these names mean anything to you? Probably not … but I can guaranty you that these names speak volumes to their own unique following. ........By the way … those other names that I mentioned were also inductees to the Basketball Hall of Fame the same year Mr. Walter “Buck’’ Van Huss was. 1990!!!

825537397[/snapback]

Those other guys you quoted didn't have their name defamed like you did to the late Van Huss. To realize your comments on the "cuss" issue, you must put yourself on the other side of the coin. What if your father or mother passed away and someone used their name out of context in poor taste to take a jab at you personally? How would you feel about that? It doesn't mean anything to me or anyone that played for Van Huss that he is in many Hall of Fames, but what we remember is a coach that was also like a father-figure and taught his players about life and to grow up being respectful to others and carry yourself accordingly. This kind of thinking has been replaced by many youth not respecting much of anything. The clown comment was immature to say the least. If you must resort to name-calling to get your point across, then you're not the same person who I've read some posts that are intellectual in thought. My post is not a knock on you, but I wanted to give you a reason why your comments were uncalled for. You can get your point across by other means than defaming ANYBODY'S name. GOD BLESS!!!!

:(