Updated District 3AAA standings

mocs30

Nice win tonight and good luck against the Wildcats.

As far as the criticism, I think you missed the point. Lockard even said on the radio that Clinton plays without a post player. He said he was proud of Matt for playing out of position for the benefit of the team. What was said, was not to take anything away from Matt Ford.

825547544[/snapback]

Powell will be pulling for Oak Ridge to win that game Friday night, as that will give Powell control of its own destiny should they beat Halls and then Clinton.

By the way, Powell was very unimpressive tonight. I would really like to call out some of our players for their performances, but some of them read these boards. To be honest, I am a bit down on Powell right now. We don't always play hard. We don't always play smart. Several players need attitude adjustments before the tournament rolls around.

Hats off to Central for a gritty performance. They shot the ball very well. Unfortunately, they COMPLETELY fell apart against Powell's press. Central lead by seven with 40 seconds to go in the third quarter and trailed going into the fourth. It happened that fast.

Edited by mocs30

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powell will be pulling for Oak Ridge to win that game Friday night, as that will give Powell control of its own destiny should they beat Halls and then Clinton.

By the way, Powell was very unimpressive tonight. I would really like to call out some of our players for their performance, but some of them read these boards. To be honest, I am down on Powell right now. We don't play hard. We don't play smart. We don't listen. I do not expect good things form things team right now. Several players need attitude adjustments before the tournament rolls around.

Hats off to Central for a gritty performance. They shot the ball very well. Unfortunately, they COMPLETELY fell apart against Powell's press. Central lead by seven with 40 seconds to go in the third quarter and trailed going into the fourth. It happened that fast.

825547653[/snapback]

OAK RIDGE 15-10 8-1

CLINTON 14-10 6-3

POWELL 14-8 6-4 Powell is 2-0 against Karns and thus has the tiebreaker

KARNS 14-9 6-4

HALLS 17-7 3-5

CENTRAL 7-15 3-7

CAMPBELL C 5-13 1-9

Games left for this week:

2/3/05

Campbell County @ Scott

2/4/05

Clinton @ Oak Ridge

Powell @ Halls

Central @ Campbell County

Karns @ Fulton

2/5/05

Central @ Knox Catholic

If Oak Ridge wins over Clinton, then the Dragons get closer to the #2 spot. If the Dragons lose it gives Powell a slight nudge. Looks like #1 is in the bag for the Wildcats.

Same thing happed vs. Fulton. Central was playing pretty well and suddenly they just fell apart for the Cats and they lost by 30. Lack of depth may be a problem. Some of those football athletes need to come out. That is if they are allowed.

Sometimes players start thinking they are bigger than the team and that can cause some problems. This is not a good time to be falling apart. I am sure Coach Ogan has a remedy for that. If they aren't on the same page against Halls they will get a big L hung on them.

hey mocs30    i dont want to get on ya buddy but maybe you should let coach o coach

stop yelling instructions from the sideline        and leave the locker room to the players and coaches

your a great powell fan........and we appreciate ya......

just an observation man

825548165[/snapback]

robpride:

Instead of saying what I would like to say to you right now, how about you just give me a phone call. 384-5414

What a tuesday night, Very good games all around. Central played well enough to win but fell short. Clinton is certainally peaking at the right time tremendous gaurd play. and the post are stepping up to the plate. Could very well beat Oakridge. On the other hand Oakridge game was closer then the score indicated, look to struggle alot, and some player confussion., team could break at any given time. Clinton, Karns, Central, are all tough games remaining for the wildcats.. If Clinton countinues to roll this is how it will pan out.

Clinton

Oakridge

Powell

Karns

Central

Halls

Campbell Co.

What a tuesday night, Very good games all around. Central played well enough to win but fell short. Clinton is certainally peaking at the right time tremendous gaurd play. and the post are stepping up to the plate. Could very well beat Oakridge. On the other hand Oakridge game was closer then the score indicated, look to struggle alot, and some player confussion., team could break at any given time. Clinton, Karns, Central, are all tough games remaining for the wildcats.. If Clinton countinues to roll this is how it will pan out.

Clinton

Oakridge

Powell

Karns

Central

Halls

Campbell Co.

825548490[/snapback]

I think that Oak Ridge has got things pretty much sewn up. Clinton has run off several wins, but most have been pretty close. OR could lose the Clinton game and still control their own destiny. Powell vs. Clinton next Tuesday night will be a big game for sure in determining 2 through 4.

Friday night:

O.R. takes care of Clinton at Home. This will clinch # 1 for O.R.

I said earlier that Halls would beat Powell but I have had a change of heart. Halls isn't playing well and Powell wants redemption from the collaspe in the first contest. Powells victory will set up a 2 nd. place game between them and Clinton. Clinton guard play will be to much for Powell and they will take second. Halls will fall to 6 th. after Central takes care of C.C. I think Halls has won their last District game. Weak schedule is hurting the Devils down the stretch. Anyway this is the way I see it at the end.

1. O.R.

2. Clinton

3. Powell

4. Karns

5. Central

6. Halls

7. Campbell Co.

Soph of the year Cameron Sharp

Player of the year The guard from Clinton Dye?

Coach of the Year Lockard with I hate to say it Lambert a close second.

Moc pretty brave of you to put your phone # on here.

:D:angry::D

Friday night:

O.R. takes care of Clinton at Home.  This will clinch # 1 for O.R.

I said earlier that Halls would beat Powell but I have had a change of heart. Halls isn't playing well and Powell wants redemption from the collaspe in the first contest.  Powells victory will set up a 2 nd. place game between them and Clinton. Clinton guard play will be to much for Powell and they will take second.  Halls will fall to 6 th. after Central takes care of C.C.  I think Halls has won their last District game.  Weak schedule is hurting the Devils down the stretch. Anyway this is the way I see it at the end. 

1. O.R.

2. Clinton

3. Powell

4. Karns

5. Central

6. Halls

7. Campbell Co.

Soph of the year Cameron Sharp

Player of the year The guard from Clinton Dye? 

Coach of the Year Lockard with I hate to say it Lambert a close second.

Moc pretty brave of you to put your phone # on here.

:angry:  :D  :D

825548634[/snapback]

It can very well end up alot of different ways. This is certainally a way to get ready for tournament play. Should been very fun to watch. At this point teams need to take care of bussiness. Next week will tell it all.

Hiwasee Vol, I think you misunderstood or I missed what you heard out of Lockard.  He said Trey Shoemaker was playing out of his normal position. Trey has been playing at the 2-3 position the last several years when Clinton had the size.  This year, as a senior, he was asked to play the 4-5 position and stepped up.  Last night, Trey pulled the dunk which was a first for Clinton this year !  Matt Ford has always been a post player, but he also has a great outside shot so look out !  I think no one disputes that the Clinton gaurds are the strength of the team, but what I am trying to point out is that Ford, Shoemaker, Gibson, etc. have been improving all season.  Gibson especially is a great rebounder for his size and is always hustling on the floor; really fun to watc.  If future Vandy Commodore Eric Hensley could just stay out of foul trouble (he just rotates in place and gets a foul called on him he is sooo big !) he can create pure havoc inside for any high school player.

This is my biased scenario: Clinton wins out against both OR and Powell.  OR really takes it hard in the loss to Clinton at home and further loses to KarnsClinton wins regular season district going into the region bye to be played on their home court.  I think a win at Powell will be more difficult for Clinton than the win at OR.  Dragons will be sky-high at OR Friday.  That gym will be so packed that the fire marshall will have to turn people away.

Dragons, don't let my bubble burst !

825549104[/snapback]

chsbbfan,

Sounds like I might have mixed up the players. The main thing I just wanted you to know that I wasn't criticizing the Clinton players that are playing the post position. I just feel they don't have a true post player that can play with his back to the basket in the traditional sense.

You have to hand it to players that play where needed for the benefit of the team.

I had thought about missing the Karns/Fulton game to see the Clinton/Oak Ridge game, but I haven't seen Fulton this year so I guess I will head downtown. Fulton should be angry after the upset at Seymour.

Robpride:

I dont undertsand what point your trying to prove or what not about Mocs30 helping the Powell guys out. Are you a fool? Mocs30 knows the game of basketball very well, in fact I would bet ya he knows more about the game than almost every single person in the gym any tuesday or friday night. Why don't you stay out of everybody elses business, and worry about other things besides somebody helping the guys out. As a matter of fact Coach O likes having Mocs there, he brings a lot fo excitement to the game, not to mention how much those kids look up to him. ALso, if he wants to go back into that locker room he can, is it your right to try an tell him what to do. I do believe if Coach O didn't want him in there or helping the guys he would have said so about 3 or 4 yrs ago. So before you start barkin orders about somebody helping the players get better, you need to sit back and honestly think about how ignorant you are. Actually just stop worrying about everybody else and keep your focus on that little girls team you coach and everything will be just fine.