Cookeville @ Siegel

redthunder6

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The_Siegel_Senior
Be at the RHS/OHS game? Are you not going to see your brother "Ninja"? You might hurt his feelings.

825535963[/snapback]

the NINJA will have about 600 other "family members" cheering him on...

Guest didyouseethatmessDANG
I have a feeling that you have no idea who I am, but if you think you do know who I am, then go for it.

It kinda makes me laugh when a guy who is very careful to guard his identity is calling out someone else's identity.

825536012[/snapback]

OH THE DRAMA

Guest The_Siegel_Senior
OH THE DRAMA

825536237[/snapback]

I think its all sooo funny...people get upset and start pointing the finger when Siegel is successful..I promise you if Siegel was 2-16, this wouldnt even be a topic that would have been started...

I think its all sooo  funny...people get upset and start pointing the finger when Siegel is successful..I promise you if Siegel was 2-16, this wouldnt even be a topic that would have been started...

825536309[/snapback]

I've been saying all along that Siegel needs to watch their backs. Everyone always wants to gun for the 1st place team. They will get everybody's best shot on and off the court. But I'm not worried, Siegel has the Ninja.

I'm so worried. Aren't ya'll the same group that was arguing saying that Keith didn't get a T at Oakland?

It's funny. Just because I think that Siegel has discipline problems, you all think I'm evil.

825536534[/snapback]

No, don't think you are evil. I think you sound like sour grapes. Hoolie and Region and the other ones are good guys. You are fairly new and all of your posts seems to have a personal agenda.

Edited by wingman10

I have always kept up with Riverdale ball and i even played here as a freshmen. Coach Harris was the assisstant coach here at the time and was the JV coach and i played for him several times that year. He is a really cool guy and is definately a players coach. But as far as discipline.....well he doesnt command it and he doesnt get it in return, especially from the guys he's coaching now. Harris left the next year and i hung it up the next year but i do have an idea how he runs things from experience.

this is from the closed thread hs sports fan but just to let you know I was referring to Jimmy's dad not Harris when I said knows more about the game...etc.

Well..I didn't start out downing Siegel. I was just making the observation (under the coach on the hot seat thread) that I thought Harris would be on the hot seat after a couple of years when his talented players are gone. Many of you took exception to this.

I feel that Harris will have a hard time maintaining success at Siegel because of his lack of discipline. He's doing good now based solely on the talented players that he has. It's hard to maintain a high level at any school, but if you will look at a couple of coaches (no this isn't an ad for Oakland) such as King and Granstaff at Oakland, they seem to be competitive year in and year out no matter the amount of talent they have on the team.

I feel that Siegel has a lot more talent than Oakland, but it took overtime to beat them because King had a good game plan. Actually, I felt that Oakland was going to win that game. I also feel that Whites Creek had no where near the talent as Siegel, but Siegle lost on homecoming because they were outcoached, not outplayed, but outcoached.

I just don't see Harris having the same success as some of the other schools over an extended period of time. We can't predict the future, but remember this post in a couple of years and see if I wasn't right.

825536587[/snapback]

I feel very similar about the game at Oakland and the homecoming game. Siegel was outcoached...Whites Creek is not a team that should even come close to beating Siegel. The only advantage is their quickness..But the quickness of this team could have been downplayed with a different defensive strategy...what do you do to a team that has speed?...well i can tell you for sure that you dont press..not even half-court press...they'll run right around it...and they did..

If you are going to slow down a very fast team..you either play a tight man to man...or preferrably a 2-3 zone defense...making them shoot from the outside, instead of driving through the lane to hit an 8ft. jumper...

Siegel definitely got outcoached against Whites Creek...but they also...lack of intensity hurt. Being outcoached, and a lack of intensity will almost ALWAYS end in a loss.

You saying that Siegel played well vs. Oakland and that the game was two teams playing at their best?????? That shows you know nothing if you think that.

Harris and Hibdon helped to develope players like Chuckie so much...Chuckie was lucky to make the team at Blackman now he would be a starter on almost any team in the district because of how far they helped him along. He is turning this raw talent that these guys have into success. when you get on here and down him without factual basis all you are basically doing is degrading him for your own personal reasons. If i went and said King will not be successful in two years oakland people would go and defend him. We all admitted that Siegel didnt have the right gameplan going into the Whites Creek game and they didn't make the right adjustments.... getting a lil bit redundant at this point.