Top 10 In 1A

ptguard12

Tops In 1A

1. Donelson Christian Academy (19-0) - Took out Jackson Christian by 24 and Goodpasture by 26. Next up for the Lady Wildcats is district rival Franklin Road Academy who is primed to give DCA all they can handle.

2. Trenton Peabody (17-3) - They avoided being added to the list of teams that South Fulton has upset recently by taking down the Lady Red Devils by 7. More easy wins should come their way this week with games against Halls and West Carroll.

3. Gleason (19-2) - Appear to be back on track with double digit wins over McKenzie and Lake County. They will have a game with South Fulton on Tuesday night to determine which of those two teams will get the #2 seed going into the district tournament (not that it really matters since they will end up playing each other anyways in the tournment).

4. Summertown (17-4) - After cruising past Hampshire and Frank Hughes, they struggled with Santa Fe early on but went on to beat them by 20. On Tuesday, they'll face Perry County in Linden which could be the only remaining team left who could spoil the Lady Eagles perfect record in the district.

5. Unaka (20-1) - They once again pulled out a close one as they defeated Cloudland by 6. This week they'll have a game with Johnson County before a rematch with Cosby next week which should be closer then the 10 point win they had in their last meeting.

6. Dresden (19-4) - The Lady Lions have a reasonably easy schedule down the stretch heading into tournament play. They do have a game with Peabody to round out their regular season but that is 3 weeks away. This week they should rack up some easy wins against Greenfield (which will give them the District 15A Regular Season Championship), Bradford, and West Carroll.

7. Perry County (15-2) - They crushed Frank Hughes by a humiliating 61 points before almost letting Wayne County upset them on their home floor. I question their desire and their "will to win" as they are not playing to the level that they should be. They will look to get things back on track when Summertown comes calling on the 25th in a game that I am sure the Lady Vikings have been looking forward to ever since their last meeting with the Lady Eagles back in early December.

8. Davidson Academy (14-1) - Extended their winning streak to 13 with easy wins of Jo Byrns and Nashville Christian. They will get a tougher game from Houston County on Friday which should be decent preparation for the toughest game on their schedule, DCA on the 31st.

9. Richland (15-1) - Still racking up wins against many of the average teams in 11A. They should get a win against Mt. Pleasant on Monday before they travel to Cornersville on Tuesday to take on team that they only beat by 5 points in their last meeting.

10. Westmoreland (12-2) - Finally got a win over a quality opponent in Gordonsville. They'll get two more extremely easy wins this week with games against Mt. Juliet Christian and Van Buren County before hosting Gordonsville next week on the 4th of February.

Just Missed The Cut: Franklin Road Academy (11), Clarkrange (12), Chattanooga Christian (13), South Fulton (14), Gordonsville (15)

Edited by ptguard12

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, great analysis by ptguard12. By the way, the S'town/PC game is on Tuesday night (you have Monday in your post). Should be a classic. Hope we bring our "A" game and take care of business in Linden. No doubt it will be a battle, just hope the officials let the kids decide it & don't take it on themselves to dictate the tempo of the game.

You continue to do a great job with your rankings.

One bone I do have to pick with you is you calling the teams in 11A "average" in your comments about Richland. 11A has four teams that could beat anyone on a given night---Richland, Moore County, Cornersville, and Forrest. Richland is undefeated in the district and beat Moore County on their home floor, which doesn't happen all that often. This is pretty much the same Moore County team that came within one possession of ousting Perry County in the regionals last year. Forrest is extremely young, but they have played everyone close and beat FRA earlier in the season. I know all of 12A thinks they are superior this year, but 11A is hosting the region, and I wouldn't be surprised to see two 11A teams in the finals.

You continue to do a great job with your rankings.

One bone I do have to pick with you is you calling the teams in 11A "average" in your comments about Richland. 11A has four teams that could beat anyone on a given night---Richland, Moore County, Cornersville, and Forrest. Richland is undefeated in the district and beat Moore County on their home floor, which doesn't happen all that often. This is pretty much the same Moore County team that came within one possession of ousting Perry County in the regionals last year. Forrest is extremely young, but they have played everyone close and beat FRA earlier in the season. I know all of 12A thinks they are superior this year, but 11A is hosting the region, and I wouldn't be surprised to see two 11A teams in the finals.

825534672[/snapback]

Those 4 teams that you listed are slightly above average. The teams in 11A continue to just beat each other up, one night losing to a team in the bottom of their district and the next night beating one of the top ones. The only exception to this is Richland who has yet to lose, but I think their days are numbered. Overall the district is about average, as compared to the other districts around them. If one of those 4 teams were thrust in to 12A right now, the highest I believe they would finish is 4th, maybe 3rd. Despite the location of the regionals this year, there will not be an all 11A championship game. In fact, I expect a very similar situation to last year with 2 12A's and 2 11A's to make it to the semifinals (could very well be 3 or 4 12A's, but we will have to see) before we have another all 12A regional championship (Summertown and Perry County). However, I don't expect it to be easy for 12A as teams like Moore County always come to play at tournament time despite how their regular season has gone.