Loudon, what's up with them?

shredded cheese

How does or will their district tounrament shake out? DO they have a chance in it to get a win?

825565414[/snapback]

The District Champs should easily be Anderson County and Kingston should come in second. If the District Tournament started right now then Loudon would be playing against Lenoir City, and I do think Loudon would have a chance to beat LC because it is such a rivalry, like every great rivalry either team has a chance to win no matter how good the other team is. Since it would be the third meeting Loudon may beat LC, last year Loudon beat LC twice in the regular season and LC beat Loudon in the tourny. Even if Loudon wins one game in the district tournament there is very little chance for Loudon to win more than just one game.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't easy for Anderson County last night. Great game by the Redskins pushing the Mavs to double OT. AC was lucky to get out with a win.....Great effort by Queen and Laughlin.....

825568760[/snapback]

I wasn't able to go to the game tonight because I was at a different gym, but from what I have heard it was the most impressive game Loudon has played all year. Congrats, 'Skins.

Who are Queen and Laughlin? If they play, what position do they play and what year are they?

825570676[/snapback]

Ryan Queen is a guard, he plays point a lot but really thrives as a shooting guard, he is a junior.

Daniel Laughlin is a sophomore that plays forward, sometimes on the wing, sometimes down in the post. He does quite well in the post but watching games I don't see how and if given enough time he can usually knock down the threes. You can probably expect to see a big win tomorrow night at Sweetwater.

There is not much size but that is due largely to the fact that everytime they get a bigger player in the program he doesn't get developed in the lower levels (jv and freshmen). From what I've heard Wells (LC's assistant) isn't a lock and there is a good chance Lorenz (Loudon's middle school coach) will getthe job. However, I believe that passing up a chacne to get Wells would be a huge mistake on Loudon's part, but they already missed a chance to get him after last year so who knows what will happen.

Shredded Cheese,

If you apply you will be short stacked.  The job is probably already locked up by a local boy.  I can't see any reason why the assistant at Lenoir City wouldn't get the job if he wanted it.

Just giving you a heads up.

825571746[/snapback]

Who says that I am a coach? I have a buddy in Alabama who has asked me to look for and let him know about some opportunities up in Tennessee. Not asking for me, just trying to help out a friend.

I don't think Wells or Lorenz is a shoe in. One of the problems with McDonald was that he had no experience in how to run a High School Program. I believe they will get someone that has at least 3 years experience on the High School level or more, whether that person is local or not.

825572898[/snapback]

Around here I don't think anyone is ever a shoe in but Mitchell didn't have much experience, if any, coaching and he completely turned the program around. I didn't mean either of them were defintiely getting the job, I just meant I've heard Lorenz is the frontrunner and I think Wells should get the job.