Temple downs Pickett. Co.

Grace Golden Eagles

You all have no idea what an SEC quality player is... Noone in Chattanooga right now could play SEC ball ... some might get looks because it serves a purpose for schools to check out every player around. Back in 2002 Nick Losh got a "checkin you out" letter from Auburn... could he have actually contributed there?? noway, he knew it, we joked about how he'd love to go there but he knew the only way he'd be there is if they needed someone to raise the teams median GPA. Don't fool yourselves about these kids. Yeah they are good, better than most of us on here, but until you see a real SEC quality player in person, you have no idea. Oh and I live in Gwinnett county(georgia) and have seen the number 1 player in the country, as well as a kid who signed with Georgia Tech, play this season, so don't even waste your time arguing with me on this one.

825543080[/snapback]

I probably see more high-school games than anybody should. And I don't just stay around Tennessee and Georgia. I have seen SEC players in person. I've seen Big 12 players in person. I've seen NBA draftees in person. Caleb Skogen could play SEC basketball. And if you're talking about Louis Williams, he's actually number 2. Gerald Green from Gulf Shores, TX is number 1. I've seen both play and Green is better. In fact I've watched #4 Brandon Rush since he was in middle school. You might know his brothers Kareem and JaRon. I've seen #8 Tyler Hansbrough around 10 times. So I have a pretty good idea of what is out there.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha just kidding I have, remember Districts? Hoistin my coach was good times. Speakin of winning when was the last time yall won a state semifinal game?

825543194[/snapback]

if my memory serves me correctly temple beat grace that same year at the region tournament. big deal you you beat temple at district thats one w in about four years, and did it get you a gold ball?

if my memory serves me correctly temple beat  grace that same year at the region tournament. big deal you you beat temple at district thats one w in about four years, and did it get you a gold ball?

825543381[/snapback]

Grace Golden Eagles let me answer for you because I'm pretty sure this is what you're going to say...'No, but it got us a silver ball. Temle didn't get a silver ball did they? We went further than Temple so that makes us better.' Even though Temple already had a silver ball, and a couple gold ones.

Grace Golden Eagles let me answer for you because I'm pretty sure this is what you're going to say...'No, but it got us a silver ball. Temle didn't get a silver ball did they? We went further than Temple so that makes us better.' Even though Temple already had a silver ball, and a couple gold ones.

825543389[/snapback]

Here we go -- living in the past again.

Ok, we all know you all got your silver ball and Temple has their two gold ones, so, let's forget about what was and look at what is, please.

There is no way skogen could play SEC ball. no way. and that is ok because he doesnt want to, and there is really no point in arguin that. After watchin Bailey play today, and i have only seen him in two games so this may be an uninformed opinion, caleb is a better player. like gracegoldeneagles said, caled is a better leader and that is a huge factor. Temple is gonna be tough to beat, but maybe the Eagles can give them a scare tuesday night.

I probably see more high-school games than anybody should. And I don't just stay around Tennessee and Georgia. I have seen SEC players in person. I've seen Big 12 players in person. I've seen NBA draftees in person. Caleb Skogen could play SEC basketball. And if you're talking about Louis Williams, he's actually number 2. Gerald Green from Gulf Shores, TX is number 1. I've seen both play and Green is better. In fact I've watched #4 Brandon Rush since he was in middle school. You might know his brothers Kareem and JaRon. I've seen #8 Tyler Hansbrough around 10 times. So I have a pretty good idea of what is out there.

825543262[/snapback]

yeah you have seen them, and caleb is not in their league...yes caleb is very good, but not of that caliber, its not worth arguing they are just a notch above him, and thats not knocking him at all

Im not saying the kid is bad... What Im saying is that he's just not on that level, Im not on that level, never could have come close, but fact is, even with the parity in college basketball today, there is a difference, in big time players versus guys to fill out the roster, so a team can actually haev a graduation rate. Now caleb might be able to sit in the sec, but not play

Im not saying the kid is bad... What Im saying is that he's just not on that level, Im not on that level, never could have come close, but fact is, even with the parity in college basketball today, there is a difference, in big time players versus guys to fill out the roster, so a team can actually haev a graduation rate. Now caleb might be able to sit in the sec, but not play

825543597[/snapback]

I agree that he's not on those player's level. But I still say he could play for a couple of SEC teams in his Junior/Senior years. That's not really a stretch. No, he wouldn't be a 4-year starter, but those are few and far between these days.

Caleb is a very good player, but SEC??? <_<

He's not even a Mid Major recruit... UT-Chatt, MTSU, Western Ky, etc did not recruit him...

Caleb really should have played big time AAU ball this past summer: he would have seen first hand what it would be like to play against future SEC players (it would have been a rude awakening)...

Edited by gomab2