Temple downs Pickett. Co.

Grace Golden Eagles

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if Caleb could play SEC. He might could have. He is a great passer and would never shot just handle the ball and pass. But he might could do it. But we will never know if he could have. He signed to early to see what his biggest school could have been. Heres what coachs see when the look at Caleb.

Good ball handler

Great passer

Really quick

Smart

4.5 speed

SO he might have had a chance. But i dont know. He probably made the right choice going to a smaller school though. But Mercer isnt to shabby.

Edited by redandwhiteforever

yes while you are trying to prove your point in all of this, i hope you understand that Gonzaga is a mid-major, not major-D1 ball...

Mid-Major Poll

if you try and argue, there it is, gonzaga is a mid major

825543822[/snapback]

Yes, I understand that Gonzaga is a mid-major D-I program, but they could play with and most likely beat some SEC schools such as Auburn or Tennessee.

Edited by DuckO4s

It's obvious that gomab wasn't at Friday's game from his comments. Gomab do you only watch west Tennessee ball? These two guys playing and leading their team tells you a lot about them. Caleb was slashing, driving, dunking, passing for assists and was leading his team. Bailey was taking the ball at the top of the key, backing his defender up and bouncing some shots in. Bailey is a good player, he seems more like a spot up and shoot type. He couldn't seem to get past his defender on a lot of plays especially at the end of the game and had to settle for stopping 15 or 16 ft out. Maybe is was just Caleb being able to move and drive past anyone to the hole, but Bailey looked kinda stiff and not mobile. Maybe that's just Bailey's game. Nothing wrong with that. He's a fine player. It's just anyone could see that Caleb was clearly the better player that night. Someone get gomab a tape of the game.

That move where Caleb slashed (dribbling left handed) through 3 defenders at half court and did that twirl behind the back pass to Mouw for a layup was nice.

The refs were not that big of a factor. I remember seeing a charge on Caleb, a walk on Caleb, a charge on Sean Wadley all in the last 5 mins. Pickett got plenty of calls. I see that no one from Pickett brought this up(and they actually acknowledged that it was pretty even) but just a Grace fan, enough said.

What is this with people saying Caleb can't shoot? Almost every game i see him hit 4 or more 3's. And that's with shooting 5 or 6 shots.

Mouw had a great game and put up 20. thumb

Why does everyone keep saying that Pickett is ranked #1 and Temple #2? Long before this game the AP ranking had Temple #1 and Pickett #2. Is everyone looking at something else?

Edited by WishIWasABaller

It's obvious that gomab wasn't at Friday's game from his comments.  Gomab do you only watch west Tennessee ball? These two guys playing  and leading their team tells you a lot about them.  Caleb was slashing, driving, dunking, passing for assists and was leading his team.  Bailey was taking the ball at the top of the key, backing his defender up and bouncing some shots in. Bailey is a good player, he seems more like a spot up and shoot type. He couldn't seem to get past his defender on a lot of plays especially at the end of the game and had to settle for stopping 15 or 16 ft out. Maybe is was just Caleb being able to move and drive past anyone to the hole, but Bailey looked kinda stiff and not mobile. Maybe that's just Bailey's game. Nothing wrong with that. He's a fine player. It's just anyone could see that Caleb was clearly the better player that night. Someone get gomab a tape of the game.

That move where Caleb slashed (dribbling left handed) through 3 defenders at half court and did that twirl behind the back pass to Mouw for a layup was nice.

The refs were not that big of a factor. I remember seeing a charge on Caleb, a walk on Caleb, a charge on Sean Wadley all in the last 5 mins. Pickett got plenty of calls. I see that no one from Pickett brought this up(and they actually acknowledged that it was pretty even) but just a Grace fan, enough said.

What is this with people saying Caleb can't shoot? Almost every game i see him hit 4 or more 3's. And that's with shooting 5 or 6 shots.

Mouw had a great game and put up 20.  thumb

Why does everyone keep saying that Pickett is ranked #1 and Temple #2? Long before this game the AP ranking had Temple #1 and Pickett #2.  Is everyone looking at something else?

825544804[/snapback]

Nice post.

It's obvious that gomab wasn't at Friday's game from his comments.  Gomab do you only watch west Tennessee ball? These two guys playing  and leading their team tells you a lot about them.  Caleb was slashing, driving, dunking, passing for assists and was leading his team.  Bailey was taking the ball at the top of the key, backing his defender up and bouncing some shots in. Bailey is a good player, he seems more like a spot up and shoot type. He couldn't seem to get past his defender on a lot of plays especially at the end of the game and had to settle for stopping 15 or 16 ft out. Maybe is was just Caleb being able to move and drive past anyone to the hole, but Bailey looked kinda stiff and not mobile. Maybe that's just Bailey's game. Nothing wrong with that. He's a fine player. It's just anyone could see that Caleb was clearly the better player that night. Someone get gomab a tape of the game.

Mouw had a great game and put up 20.  thumb

Why does everyone keep saying that Pickett is ranked #1 and Temple #2? Long before this game the AP ranking had Temple #1 and Pickett #2.  Is everyone looking at something else?

825544804[/snapback]

Good post Caleb looked to be on another leval than Bailey. Bailey looked like he could shoot no question, but he couldnt create his shots. If you face guard him and fight through Screens Bailey isnt gonna hurt you. I saw him play in both games and was expecting much better. About Calebs outside shot I dont think people think its bad (at least i dont) its just probably his weakest point on the offensive side of the ball. Either that or ive seen him miss quite a few free throws neither is a weakness just the weakest part of his game.

Edited by redandwhiteforever

yes you're right. They consistently beat teams in the NCAA tournament.

825545283[/snapback]

but for technicalities sake they are a mid major, and saying the ncaa tournament?? thats a horrible argument, upsets happen all the time, i mean if a weber state can beat a loaded north carolina team one year your argument is blown to crap right there