State Duals Brackets

CoachDelgado

gablefan,

Not to be too harsh but if the state duals were to find out who has the best team,  we would not be divided into D1 & D2.

825546719[/snapback]

Let the DI-DII split thing DIE!!!!! TSSAA has spoken, it will remain this way.

Let the teams who win the state have the glory without an * next to their name. The winner will be State Champs....Period.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a credible concern about draws in the tournament. Whereas the ultimate reward for winning a spot would be to go undefeated and take the top prize, there are lesser rewards offered as well. There is a runner-up award given to the team that does not win in the finals. I know that some teams are proud of that accomplishment. I've seen the prizes displayed with apparent pride in their trophy cases...some along side lesser awards and some even along side greater awards. Not every team that wins a spot in the tournament has the strength and depth to have a reasonable chance of winning or even reaching the finals. But regardless of a realistic opportunity, my observations indicate that at least some teams would like the best draw possible to allow them to reach the level of their team's potential...and maybe with some luck, even higher.

yOU CAN BELLY ACHE ALL YOU WANT.  You will have to face one of the top 4 from the previous year until you place.  The brackets are set by seeding 1234 from the previous year.  Don't you think Karns is upset with meeting Franklin 1st.  Maybe kick out some students and you can wrestle small school.

825546651[/snapback]

2001 Houston wrestled Bradly 1st round - Bradley won it.

As far as the placing from the previous year, Region 8 in 2001 (Houston) placed fourth. The next year the Region 8 representative drew Soddy Daisy, the eventual champion, in the 1st round. So no, they do not look at the previous year's top 4 to determine the next year's brackets.

We are told by the TSSAA that this tournament is supposed to be a blind draw. No one in their right mind belives that it is. If they are seeding it, all we want is for them to admit it. If it based on the previous year, inform us of that. don;t hide behind the blind draw idea when it is obvious the tournament is seeded at least to the top 3.

Oh no no no, Im not bellyaching, but I was just kinda wondering why Region 8 always draws best first. If its done off of 1,2,3, and 4, then I understand....Dont believe it but yeah, doesn't really matter. Work with the cards you got. And as far as Bradley goes, I think we should be able to beat them as long as we wrestle smart and we do our jobs.

Hey Del, I thaught you actually believed that it was "blind draw" :D

Edited by DragonWrestling05

2001 Houston wrestled Bradly 1st round - Bradley won it.

As far as the placing from the previous year, Region 8 in 2001 (Houston) placed fourth.  The next year the Region 8 representative drew Soddy Daisy, the eventual champion, in the 1st round.  So no, they do not look at the previous year's top 4 to determine the next year's brackets. 

We are told by the TSSAA that this tournament is supposed to be a blind draw.  No one in their right mind belives that it is.  If they are seeding it, all we want is for them to admit it.  If it based on the previous year, inform us of that.  don;t hide behind the blind draw idea when it is obvious the tournament is seeded at least to the top 3.

825547018[/snapback]

If Houston was not the team that went back the following year, you do not get the seeding based on the outcome of 2001.

gablefan,

Not to be too harsh but if the state duals were to find out who has the best team,  we would not be divided into D1 & D2.

825546719[/snapback]

I apologize, I figured it was easy to understand what I was saying. The best Team is- best in d1 and the best in d2. The best in their own respective division. There is no longer a "combined" division. There probably won't ever be again. If you would like a "combined" division, please feel free to move to another state. If you want to further this discussion, start ANOTHER thread about the d1/d2 split, go through all of your reasons/complaints/ and suggestions there. This thread is about the state duals brackets.

So are the state duels seeded or not? I always thought they were random draw. Anyways, With Bradley and Franklin almost guaranteed a spot in the finals, I think my dragons have a shot to come home with a third place spot. thumb

825548264[/snapback]

Remember the CBHS duals? Father Ryan beat Collierville by the slim margin of 4 points and several of our best wrestlers didn't have their best matches! FR then went on to give Bradley all they could handle. Bradley is BEATABLE!! Forget 3rd, the goal is to win it all!! thumb

I think the Bradley guys should complain that they must go thru Cleveland every year to get to the duals at all. How fair is that? The point is not the draw, the toughest eight teams don't even make it to this championship. After first place and maybe second, the rest may not even be a great indicator of the rankings of the duals teams in Tennessee.

just a thought.