Father Ryan VS. Baylor

raiderwrestler

I was told by one of the head coaches this weekend that the duals do count toward qualifying your weight for the Nationals, and that you can wrestle a different weight at the individuals. Anyone know for sure?

825555254[/snapback]

From http://www.nhsca.com/events/w20050330_seni...php?event_id=17

"You cannot enter a weight class below the lowest weight class you wrestled during your senior year in either the State Duals or individual State Championships at the end of the year."

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't agree with you more, jt. The other fellow to whom you are referring consistently breaks the cardinal rule of the message board. HE IS BORING.

825555180[/snapback]

I can read right through this? What does Herm stand for?

How Everyone Remembers Manley or could the "M" be for McCallie/Manley? It's almost like fingerprints. I believe you may be more unique :) than even the Irishdad, but definately not more exciting. I don't read all of his posts, but I do get tickled at times. At least he reveals his identity, you can't Herm, without being banned from coachT.

I'm sorry, eventhough Irishdad loses his temper and gets out of control; at least he keeps one screen name and doesn't hide. Irishdad has given Pat a very unselfish team player and a son with super sportsmanship. If rules allowed and Mayo was asked to drop to 145 by coach Simpson, he'd do it. If he was asked to wrestle 171 the next week he'd do it!! Irishdad would not like it, but he'd trust his coach well enough and his beloved Irish. If he lost the next week he stay with his Irish and not go over to MBA.

Be grateful. Be a good sport, and just enjoy the sport. I know the Irishdad does. :)

I decided to take some personal matters out, but I do appreciate a good boy like Mayo.

soms

Edited by Sommers

You are a very strange man.

Since you know deaddux, you might have him or Joe Waddell confirm that I am not Walkenvol.

825555793[/snapback]

Come on Herm, I mean Vol, or is it Brickhouse Chick, or wait, you might even be me. There is no way Dux or Joe will ever sort this out?

You know, I think I need to go to Baylor for a better deal. Oh, wait, I guess I already have it.

From http://www.nhsca.com/events/w20050330_seni...php?event_id=17

"You cannot enter a weight class below the lowest weight class you wrestled during your senior year in either the State Duals or individual State Championships at the end of the year."

825555729[/snapback]

So all this talk about where some wrestlers must wrestle at the individuals based on qualifying for the nationals is out the window if they wrestled that weight at the duals.

I can read right through this?  What does Herm stand for?

How Everyone Remembers Manley or could the "M" be for McCallie/Manley?  It's almost like fingerprints.  I believe you may be more unique :blink:  than even the Irishdad, but definately not more exciting. I don't read all of his posts, but I do get tickled at times.  At least he reveals his identity, you can't Herm, without being banned from coachT.

I'm sorry, eventhough Irishdad loses his temper and gets out of control; at least he keeps one screen name and doesn't hide.  Irishdad has given Pat a very unselfish team player and a son with super sportsmanship.  If rules allowed and Mayo was asked to drop to 145 by coach Simpson, he'd do it.  If he was asked to wrestle 171 the next week he'd do it!!  Irishdad would not like it, but he'd trust his coach well enough and his beloved Irish.  If he lost the next week he stay with his Irish and not go over to MBA.

Be grateful. Be a good sport, and just enjoy the sport.  I know the Irishdad does. :)

I decided to take some personal matters out, but I do appreciate a good boy like Mayo.

soms

825555756[/snapback]

I hate dso psot this but Soms it right.

Example when Tyler was a sophompre our 171 broke his hand. Tyler wreslted JV @ 152. Pat put him in the starting position where he stayed for all but two matches. He got the heck beat out of him. Particularly from one of the fab four. But it made him a better wreslter. In fact I doubt if he would be the wrestler he is today without that year or good coaching..see dunning also.

I hate dso psot this but Soms it right.

Example when Tyler was a sophompre our 171 broke his hand. Tyler wreslted JV @ 152. Pat put him in the starting position where he stayed for all but two matches. He got the heck beat out of him. Particularly from one of the fab four. But it made him a better wreslter. In fact I doubt if he would be the wrestler he is today without that year or good coaching..see dunning also.

825555933[/snapback]

You never fail to jump quickly at a compliment. You never see Dunning's, Manson's, or Marable's dads on here telling about how great their sons are...They don't have too. Not taking anything from Mayo because is wrestling well right now, but do yourself a favor and when you see someone complimenting you, your son, or team smile to yourself and move on.

You never fail to jump quickly at a compliment.  You never see Dunning's, Manson's, or Marable's dads on here telling about how great their sons are...They don't have too.  Not taking anything from Mayo because is wrestling well right now, but do yourself a favor and when you see someone complimenting you, your son, or team smile to yourself and move on.

825556355[/snapback]

May I correct your observation? How is saying that my son got the crap beat out of him complimentiing him? The point was a good coach will challenge a wrestler to make him better. E.I out of state tournaments, wrestling up, or down. The post was intended to show that Coach Simpson does things that parents dont understand or agree with. But he does have a few State tiltes under his belt and is always working to make my Beloved Irish better. If you saw it as tooting my sons horn the sorry for you. Was not the intent.

Since you have no idea of who is posting how do you know it is not a Simpson or Dunning defending Whitt, or Corey on this board?

Being from the South I was always taught to say your welcome to a compliment.

May I correct your observation? How is saying that my son got the crap beat out of him complimentiing him? The point was a good coach will challenge a wrestler to make him better. E.I out of state tournaments, wrestling up, or down. The post was intended to show that Coach Simpson does things that parents dont understand or agree with. But he does have a few State tiltes under his belt and is always working to make my Beloved Irish better. If you saw it as tooting my sons horn the sorry for you. Was not the intent.

Since you have no idea of who is posting how do you know it is not a Simpson or Dunning defending Whitt, or Corey on this board?

Being from the South I was always taught to say your welcome to a compliment.

825556702[/snapback]

Does your son know your posting on here? I'm just curious. It would absolutely embarrass the bejezuz out of my kids if they knew I got on the internet and posted about them. Of course, embarrassing one's teenagers is a parental duty but in such a public forum might be taking it to extremes.

Does your son know your posting on here? I'm just curious. It would absolutely embarrass the bejezuz out of my kids if they knew I got on the internet and posted about them. Of course, embarrassing one's teenagers is a parental duty but in such a public forum might be taking it to extremes.

825556710[/snapback]

What have I said that would embarrass him? He knows I post but he does not read it. I know his team mates, especially the younger ones read posts.

So if someone ask you a direct question about your son you would not respond?

What have I said that would embarrass him? He knows I post but he does not read it. I know his team mates, especially the younger ones read posts.

So if someone ask you a direct question about your son you would not respond?

825556726[/snapback]

Have fun ID! I was the one being attacked last week on a different post. Someone sent me an apology saying he could see how much I love my boys and that they were just piling on the attack wagon.

Hang in there you say, what other's are thinking but consider it not the political correct thing to post. Our in your words" They don't have the Ba##s to say it"

Good luck to the Irish and young Mayo at State.