Father Ryan VS. Baylor

raiderwrestler

My ego is fine. Thanks you for the compliment to my son.

Again that is th odd thing about this board..people from east to west know who I am ..but most everyone else is anonymous. Or maybe just maybe they would be targets too.

825561015[/snapback]

I attributed your notoriety to an insatiable desire to call attention to yourself and son. And since the Tennessean wasn't beating down your door, you picked coacht as your PR service. To each his own.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I attributed your notoriety to an insatiable desire to call attention to yourself and son. And since the Tennessean wasn't beating down your door, you picked coacht  as your PR service. To each his own.

825561459[/snapback]

Yeah thats it ...Unlike people who feel the need to beat up on others that they know nothing about just to keep their name on the board...just because the have a differing opinion...but you know what thye say opinions are like oldhasbeens ............

QUOTE(Whats the bottom man doin @ Feb 10 2005 - 05:54 PM)

What sport did you beat the Purple Irish in during the late 60's ?

Let's see? What's the name of this board again? Oh yeah, Wrestling Mat! It was wrestling! At my advanced age sometimes one forgets where one's posting. Come to think of it, we also whipped them in 1970. But don't take my word for it. Ask

Donnelly, Baltzs, Lenihan, Wilson etc. However, when you talk to them, remember, their memories have deteriorated over the years and they might be suffering from a little dementia and won't be able to corroborate my faultless memory.

Darn! where'd I put that remote control?

825560826[/snapback]

Oldhasbeen, you are slowly revealing yourself as a fan and maybe even a graduate of the Fighting Irish of NDHS, whose colors are the green of Ireland, unlike ID's beloved Purple Irish ( have you ever seen a purple shamrock?)

Bottom man---------------oldhasbeen is referring to the late 60's and early seventies when Ryan and NDHS was one of the best high school wrestling rivalries in the state, with these two teams swapping state titles four years in a row---- ND won in 68 and 70, Ryan in 69 and 71. Inseason they would wrestle on a Sunday afternoon, with the two teams going to mass together just before they tried to kill each other on the mat.

Oldhasbeen----------It's good to see you and Irishdad resurrecting that rivalry----------your dueling posts are almost as intense.

Edited by BuckLateral

QUOTE(Whats the bottom man doin @ Feb 10 2005 - 05:54 PM)

What sport did you beat the Purple Irish in during the late 60's ?

Oldhasbeen, you are slowly revealing yourself as a fan and maybe even a graduate of the Fighting Irish of NDHS, whose colors are the green of Ireland, unlike ID's beloved Purple Irish ( have you ever seen a purple shamrock?)

Bottom man---------------oldhasbeen is referring to the late 60's and early seventies when Ryan and NDHS was one of the best high school wrestling rivalries in the state, with  these two teams swapping state titles four years in a row---- ND won in 68 and 70, Ryan in 69 and 71.  Inseason they would wrestle on a Sunday afternoon, with the two teams going to mass together just before they tried to kill each other on the mat. 

Oldhasbeen----------It's good to see  you and Irishdad  resurrecting  that rivalry----------your dueling posts are  almost as intense.

825561679[/snapback]

I can still smell FR's old gym. Whew!!!

Yeah thats it ...Unlike people who feel the need to beat up on others that they know nothing about just to keep their name on the board...just because the have a differing opinion...but you know what thye say opinions are like oldhasbeens ............

825561535[/snapback]

To paraprhase, "Better to have been a "been" than never to have "been" at all".

Bottom man---------------oldhasbeen is referring to the late 60's and early seventies when Ryan and NDHS was one of the best high school wrestling rivalries in the state, with these two teams swapping state titles four years in a row---- ND won in 68 and 70, Ryan in 69 and 71. Inseason they would wrestle on a Sunday afternoon, with the two teams going to mass together just before they tried to kill each other on the mat.

response from fatkat

Bottom man is my uncle and he was THERE RASSLIN in that stinky gym. He and his brother were state champs and his brother in law (kill bubba kill!) for Fr.Ryan. He WAS that team along with Pat Simpson and many others. I don't think he needs any education about the late 60's early 70's rivalry with ND, but thanks for the memories anyway...... thumb Or maybe he does....he IS getting pretty old :lol:

Edited by fatkat