D. 1 State Champions

coachmasters

I absolutely agree with slim589 that Kenny is by far the best at 189 this year and should win the state. I was responding to a little misinformation stated by sommers in his post. Kenny is a class act, but he is a human being and he has been on his back BEFORE. I don't see anyone doing it this year and I expect him to go all the way. Good luck! thumb

Edited by crossface

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

103 Johnson Collierville

112 Coleman Cleveland

119 Ortiz Franklin

125 Bundy Hendersonville

130 Kerian Ravenwood

135 Fuller Soddy Daisy

140 Creagen Bradley

145 Barnett Germantown

152 Johnson Rossview

160 Borneman Houston

171 Knox Farragut

189 Meredith Blackman

215 Reveiz Farragut

275 Hazelet Union Co.

These are my picks. Anyone agree?

Let's see what happens!!!!!

825552155[/snapback]

Is Johnson going at 152 or 160. I think he will win either one though

QUOTE(Sommers @ Feb 3 2005 - 04:07 PM)

I wonder  who could hold Kenny down this year?  I think he would laugh if someone tried to turn him. 

I saw Paul Campbell(Soddy Daisy) turn him over and pin him twice. The first time was at State in 2003 in like 20-25 seconds. The second time was at the Soddy Inv. in 2004. That match was was approx 35 seconds. So, I guess anybody can be turned and pinned. But I have to agree, I dont see anyone doing it this year.

825553523[/snapback]

Hey wait!!! In the Soddy finals last year Campbell double underhooked Kenny and hit him with an outside trip for a pin in :33! How could that one ever be forgotten??? :)

Edited by Hamm

Sommers,

Where is your list of predictions for this topic???

825553959[/snapback]

Guys who stick out in my mind... Coleman = Konz, M. Ortiz, Bundy over Usary, Kerian = Miller, Felix over Holliman, Creagan, Barnett = Konz, Spain or Johnson (who knows), DAvis = Borneman, Knox over Martin (although I'm rooting for Martin), Kenny M. over Kirn, Brooks = Letner (where's Weakley going?), HW ? (rooting for Leach)

That's my gut calls, although linited right now!!

I may have a stronger feeling about all of this after regions are over.

soms

Kenny Meredith is impressive. Weakly will be in better condition though. Weakly's problem however is he has no shot and is not good on his feet. If Meredith takes him down and cuts him he will dominate the match. Weakly has one chance, and that is turning him if he gets in the top position.

As far as other predictions they look pretty good with the exception of a few. No way Cox at 145. I will go with Konz. Didn't he beat Cox in a dominant fashion this year?

825548874[/snapback]

No mention of John Kirn(FHS) at 189, these guys Meredith and Weakly that much better?

It seems that Kirn doesn't have the mental toughness to go at it. That's what someone said in another post on another topic. CoachGonyea put it best:

"He[Kenny] wants this bad, and no one will keep him from it."

How many wrestlers do you think are reading these posts and psyching themselves out?? Coaches, do your wrestlers get bothered by this stuff?

It seems that Kirn doesn't have the mental toughness to go at it.  That's what someone said in another post on another topic.  CoachGonyea put it best:

"He[Kenny] wants this bad, and no one will keep him from it."

How many wrestlers do you think are reading these posts and psyching themselves out??  Coaches, do your wrestlers get bothered by this stuff?

825554370[/snapback]

Kenny is a great wrestler and may win state, but don't question Kirn's mental toughness. You must not have been at the state duals.

Edited by nywrestler