AP polls

NSIndiansFan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually the only teams that are happy and content with polls are the ones that are number 1. And polls do matter in college basketball, they give the committee something to go by throughout the year as far as who was strong at one game and who was weak at another game. That's the main reason there are 2 polls in college. And if the voters are thought to be biased then they're replaced.

Im gonna give a reason as to why White Station could possibly be ranked higher than NS. NS has lost to more teams inside the state of TN. White Station has only lost one game in state and that was to Ridgeway who i think is higher than both of them(im not sure on that but im guessin).Thats one possible reason. Like i saw someone else say on hear. the Polls are meaning less. If ur only inspiration for playin is to get a number one rankings something is wrong wit u and ur team. Lets wait untill March and then we'll see who the best teams in the state are. Holla

Im gonna give a reason as to why White Station could possibly be ranked higher than NS. NS has lost to more teams inside the state of TN. White Station has only lost one game in state and that was to Ridgeway who i think is higher than both of them(im not sure on that but im guessin).Thats one possible reason. Like i saw someone else say on hear. the Polls are meaning less. If ur only inspiration for playin is to get a number one rankings something is wrong wit u and ur team. Lets wait untill March and then we'll see who the best teams in the state are. Holla

825550479[/snapback]

By the way, Northside beat Ridgeway. They have played an atrocious schedule this year thats why they have lost a few games. When Richard Delk is healthy they rarely get beat.

When Richard Delk is healthy they rarely get beat.

How can they be considered the best team in state when their best player isn't reliable because of injury...I know this is the second game I have heard NS fans say they lost because they didnt have Richard in there. It seems his ankle has been a chronic problem this year...how do you know that will be back to 100% at any time this year?????? Because they have shown they are DEF NOT the top 2-3 w/o him

It doesnt matter who we beat so far, the people on the polls THINK White Station is better than JNS so they voted for them. Gomab you think tht JNS is better so you would vote them ahead of us.Apparently, JNS doesnt have the respect of other pollsters. 2 of WS losses have come to teams that have been ranked in the top 25(East Hall by 3 and Kickapoo by 3) all out of state. JNS lost by 12,13 in state to good teams but teams that werent ranked. I agree with Harris's Hooligans. IF the Richard's ankle gives out in substate and cant play state would they still be your favorite to win? Im also wit HUCK. Forget the rankings. Yall are speculating to much into them. The State Championship is decided in Murfressboro not in the newspaper?

How can they be considered the best team in state when their best player isn't reliable because of injury...I know this is the second game I have heard NS fans say they lost because they didnt have Richard in there.  It seems his ankle has been a chronic problem this year...how do you know that will be back to 100% at any time this year?????? Because they have shown they are DEF NOT the top 2-3 w/o him

825550676[/snapback]

First, im not a NS fan. Second, he's not their best player, his brother is. They lost without him to a very good Haywood team who has a shot to make a title run this year as well. Without Richard they arent as good but they are still better than most. They will still beat most middle and east tn teams without him. Yall got a surprise comin at state when yall see how much better the west TN teams are.

Slimdaddy Haywood is ranked top 5 in the AP poll since you said they aint ranked.

Edited by btowntigers