Seating at Clarksville

sly

I've attended the last 5 and I've never seen any problems.  What rules do you have trouble enforcing?

And I agree, both tourneys shouldn't be in Chattanooga - and I'm from Chattanooga.

825551740[/snapback]

try to keep people off the stairs and off the floor. Like I said it is a small percentage that create the issues. Nothing we can't handle. I love it !

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've attended the last 5 and I've never seen any problems.  What rules do you have trouble enforcing?

And I agree, both tourneys shouldn't be in Chattanooga - and I'm from Chattanooga.

825551740[/snapback]

I agree 100% WalkenVol. Chattanoogans of all people ought to understand what it's like to take something, build it, nurture it, make it a roaring success and then have the mighty RC steal it away with $$ in his eyes.

(cough) spring fling (cough)

The Clarksville folks do a great job and I for one have no interest in stealing their "baby."

I agree 100% WalkenVol.  Chattanoogans of all people ought to understand what it's like to take something, build it, nurture it, make it a roaring success and ...

825551784[/snapback]

I agree too!!! :D

Really do, even with the vol!!

Note: I edited the last part to stay out of the politics, however.

Edited by Sommers

I agree 100% WalkenVol.  Chattanoogans of all people ought to understand what it's like to take something, build it, nurture it, make it a roaring success and then have the mighty RC steal it away with $$ in his eyes.

(cough) spring fling (cough)

The Clarksville folks do a great job and I for one have no interest in stealing their "baby."

825551784[/snapback]

the issue is not the quality of the people who run the tourney, no amount of good people can change the fact that the venue does not have enough room for the spectators.

the issue is not the quality of the people who run the tourney, no amount of good people can change the fact that the venue does not have enough room for the spectators.

825551796[/snapback]

Tex,

There was plenty of room at the last event. Will these few schools bring up 300 or so to fill in the vacant seats I saw last season? Perhaps Sat AM is the problem, but not if they use their full facilities on several mats.

From what I've seen, I believe they could lay down a total of eight mats, if they needed to, and spread the fans around in auxillery gyms, etc..

soms

try to keep people off the stairs and off the floor.

825551782[/snapback]

I can handle that. Sometimes I like to stand up behind the top rail and watch - is that OK? How about peeking through the screen from the concession area?

Sweat - being a Clarksvillian, is there not a larger venue in the area? Maybe a convention center or a facility at Peay where there can be bleachers on both sides of the mats prior to the finals? It's a great tourney and you guys are great hosts.

The seating at Clarksville is always an issue but what is not an issue is how classy they run the tournament. Their supporters are first class and the people donating their time do a great job. Being cramoed will be a small issue compared the class way they run things.

stop crying.... its worked well so far in clarksville so it makes sense to keep it that way

825551485[/snapback]

It may work well for Clarksvilles back pocket but the seating is terrible. The Clarksville folks are great host but parking is tuff also. If you want to keep it in Middle TN take it to APSU or MTSU gyms.

Edited by rigger101

Tex,

There was plenty of room at the last event.  Will these few schools bring up 300 or so to fill in the vacant seats I saw last season?  Perhaps Sat AM is the problem, but not if they use their full facilities on several mats.

From what I've seen, I believe they could lay down a total of eight mats, if they needed to, and spread the fans around in auxillery gyms, etc..

soms

825551804[/snapback]

Som's I didn't go last year but during the big matches I've never seen 300 open seats. I guess thats where all the wrestler bags were! :unsure:

i'd say seating isnt really a huge issue until you run into those big matches, like bradley, soddy, mcallie, and baylor. the big name matches are the ones that are crowded. really i think there'd be enough seats if bradley left some people at home :D but i'd say they have the best fan support out of anybody i've seen. Austin Peay would charge to use their gym i believe. someone find out about that.

Edited by MatWizard87

i'd say seating isnt really a huge issue until you run into those big matches, like bradley, soddy, mcallie, and baylor.  the big name matches are the ones that are crowded.  really i think there'd be enough seats if bradley left some people at home  :D  but i'd say they have the best fan support out of anybody i've seen.  Austin Peay would charge to use their gym i believe. someone find out about that.

825552906[/snapback]

Yeah, but look at the crowd you could get in there. If you double your crowd it should take care of any charge.