Temple vs Ooltewah

volsbigd712

Is Grace one of the few teams that has played both Ooltewah and Temple?...who do the Grace people think will win this match-up?

825559752[/snapback]

Hmm... I think Temples the better pick. Play better as a team. Ooltewah has plaenty of Talent to beat Temple it is just if that can put it together. Temple does to well of a job of not letting other teams strong points beat them. I think Temple wins this one by 7.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man -- it's getting kinda deep in here.

Like always Temple is getting no respect from the bigger schools in the area.

Yes, I'm talking about you Ooltewah fans.

Temple is not concerned about playing the Owls next week.

For one -- it's not a district game.

Two -- yes, they want to win -- but if they don't it won't be the end of the world.

Three -- they scheduled a team like Ooltewah (hoping they might be good competition) this late in the season to prepare them for the tournaments and state.

Four -- I'd say it ought to be a pretty good game.

Five -- from the comments on here about Temple's players -- many of you don't have a clue.

Six -- I'm going to say that Temple will probably win the game.

I'd say more -- but I'm going to bed.

Man -- it's getting kinda deep in here.

Like always Temple is getting no respect from the bigger schools in the area.

Yes, I'm talking about you Ooltewah fans.

Temple is not concerned about playing the Owls next week.

For one -- it's not a district game.

Two -- yes, they want to win -- but if they don't it won't be the end of the world.

Three -- they scheduled a team like Ooltewah (hoping they might be good competition) this late in the season to prepare them for the tournaments and state.

Four -- I'd say it ought to be a pretty good game.

Five -- from the comments on here about Temple's players -- many of you don't have a clue.

Six -- I'm going to say that Temple will probably win the game.

I'd say more -- but I'm going to bed.

825559808[/snapback]

how are they not getting any respect when most people are picking them to win? bout the only ones who have picked them are ooltewah fans...and what do you expect them to say that their team is going to lose..get real man

Well, I really don't know where to start -- but you definitely have not seen Temple play this year, have you?

Seth is overrated? That's your first ignorant comment, but not the last.

I guess I'll leave it with that.

825559734[/snapback]

I don't want to get into a war of words, and yes, I have seen Temple play over the last several years.

I have played this game and coached this game for many years; I have seen players come and go. This Temple team, although good for single A, is not as good as some of the posts are making the out to be -- at least on this thread. Sure, they keep winning, but the talent they have typically played against has been subpar.

If they played in the private school divisions or in the AAA public school division, they would not be 18-1. They would compete, but if they had to play the likes of Bradley, Cleveland, McMinn, Rhea, Ooltewah, Brainerd, week in and week out, they would be more middle of the pack. Don't get me wrong... in fact, I think there is a very good likelihood they will win state in single A, but they simply don't match up with all these other teams physically.

I didn't say Seth was a bad player; it's just that after reading many posts about him, he is overblown and overrated. He is a pretty good player, but not as good as these posts are making him out to be. I also think Temple is overrated when comparing to the larger public and private schools in the area.

Let me illustrate: last year, if Bradley, Cleveland, McMinn, Brainerd, Rhea, Central or Ooltewah had played in single A they would have won the state title. I have no loyalties to any of these schools; never attended one of them, and am not originally from this area. I do love to watch basketball, and I have enjoyed my years playing and coaching the game. I have coached a number of area players in the past, and if I were to pick an AAU team right now, I would have Caleb on my team, but I'm not sure I would pick anyone else... there are too many players in Chattanooga that are better.

On the other hand, I probably would not pick anyone but White Ooltewah's team either. I'm just looking at it from an objective on-looker's point of view. One final time, I believe that this should be a competitive game. However, I give an edge to Ooltewah in athleticism and home court advantage. As I said earlier, if the aggressive, athletic team fails to show up, I believe Temple, which plays consistently better as a team could win this one.

I don't want to get into a war of words, and yes, I have seen Temple play over the last several years.

No -- I'm talking about THIS SEASON (not "the last several years").

And as far as Temple being compared to the likes of Ooltewah, Bradley Central, etc; -- these schools ought to have better programs because they have so much more talent to choose from. Temple shouldn't be expected to "compete . . . week in and week out" with these teams. And I am confident if they played any of these teams this year -- they would not be in the "middle of the pack" as you state.

We're not talking about last year -- we're talking about this year.

I will agree that this game will be a "competitive game", but feel that Temple is the better team in this match-up. No "war of words" here either -- just stating my opinion like everyone else. :blink:

And as far as Temple being compared to the likes of Ooltewah, Bradley  Central, etc; -- these schools ought to have better programs because they have so much more talent to choose from. Temple shouldn't be expected to "compete . . . week in and week out" with these teams. And I am confident if they played any of these teams this year -- they would not be in the "middle of the pack" as you state.

I will agree that this game will be a "competitive game", but feel that Temple is the better team in this match-up. No "war of words" here either -- just stating my opinion like everyone else. :blink:

825559939[/snapback]

Temple recruits just like all the privates do, therefore in my opinion they should have to play in Class AAA, they have an unfair advantage against the smaller, county Class A schools but i never hear anyone saying anything about that on here. Thats "ok", because its in your favor, hopefully T$$AA will see this and instead of just adding a 1.8 multiplier, the next time they'll group all the privates in Class AAA where they should be located. The ratio of athletes to students is about the same in these size schools. thumb

Temple recruits just like all the privates do, therefore in my opinion they should have to play in Class AAA, they  have an unfair advantage against the smaller, county Class A schools but i never hear anyone saying anything about that on here.  Thats "ok", because its in your favor, hopefully T$$AA will see this and instead of just adding a 1.8 multiplier, the next time they'll group all the privates in Class AAA where they should be located.  The ratio of athletes to students is about the same in these size schools. thumb

825560036[/snapback]

You're just clueless, aren't you?

And as far as Temple being compared to the likes of Ooltewah, Bradley  Central, etc; -- these schools ought to have better programs because they have so much more talent to choose from. Temple shouldn't be expected to "compete . . . week in and week out" with these teams. And I am confident if they played any of these teams this year -- they would not be in the "middle of the pack" as you state.

825559939[/snapback]

yeah you guys use all that as a copout so when or if you lose it makes it seem like no big deal to you and if you win its a magnificent victory b/c its AAA, just b/c ooltewah has more people to choose from doesn't mean anything, most of the athletes play just one sport so they dont even have some of the best basketball players on the team and that happens at most of the schools....in single a you have all the best athletes playing every sport..and its not like football where you hvae to find 11 offensive players and 11 defensive players to be competitive, in basketball if you have 2 good players and 3 decent players you will compete with teams night in and night out because in high school 1 or 2 players can carry you

yeah you guys use all that as a copout so when or if you lose it makes it seem like no big deal to you and if you win its a magnificent victory b/c its AAA, just b/c ooltewah has more people to choose from doesn't mean anything, most of the athletes play just one sport so they dont even have some of the best basketball players on the team and that happens at most of the schools....in single a you have all the best athletes playing every sport..and its not like football where you hvae to find 11 offensive players and 11 defensive players to be competitive, in basketball if you have 2 good players and 3 decent players you will compete with teams night in and night out because in high school 1 or 2 players can carry you

825560083[/snapback]

I really don't understand that at all.

When I was in high school (which I attended a rather large one at that) we had guys who played all sports. The best athletes played football, basketball, track, baseball, etc; And no, I'm not using the fact that the bigger schools DO HAVE more talent to choose from -- as an excuse. It's just the truth, that's all.

You're just clueless, aren't you?

825560075[/snapback]

No as a matter of fact i make statements based on the facts, you on the other hand side with the privates and thats your opinion but you really don't want to get into the whole "who's clueless about the TSSAA" with me as you will come out on the short end of that one! thumb

Temple plays in class A because that is what is required of a school that size. Temple does not recruit because if they did, their enrollment would be through the roof from athletes wanting to go there because of the quality of athletics at Temple. If they make it to state this year it will be the fourth year in a row; not many other schools can say that. And the football program has gone 13-7 in its first two seasons playing several TSSAA schools, and they will join a TSSAA region this season with a chance to impress a lot of people. What high school student athlete wouldn't want to go to a school like that??? STOP BEING JEALOUS OF CHRISTIAN SCHOOLS WITH QUALITY ATHLETIC PROGRAMS!!!!!!!!!!!