Is Brandi Enough?

eaglebro

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

York could pull it off, but I wouldn't call their play "scary". I'm with some more of you that feel that you can make it for a while with one player but eventually, especially at tournament time, it just isn't eneough. Some more girls have got to step up and take the pressure off of the more sought after players.

York could pull it off, but I wouldn't call their play "scary".  I'm with some more of you that feel that you can make it for a while with one player but eventually, especially at tournament time, it just isn't eneough.  Some more girls have got to step up and take the pressure off of the more sought after players.

825560376[/snapback]

Well fine I hope your team plays them then. :rolleyes:

Looks like the district tournament is setting up nicely. Sure looks good for Upperman as they get to play that weak team from York in the semi's. I remember the last time i watched Miss Brown at White Co. High School. She almost beat a state championship team by herself that night. Upset? Nah surely not. I mean like everyone says she's only one person and to most of you on here she's not even the best player in the district, especially to the Upperman faithful. Well i guess you're lucky you drawed a bye, or what should be a bye for you in the semi's! thumb

Looks like the district tournament is setting up nicely.  Sure looks good for Upperman as they get to play that weak team from York in the semi's.  I remember the last time i watched Miss Brown at White Co. High School.  She almost beat a state championship team by herself that night.  Upset? Nah surely not.  I mean like everyone says she's only one person and to most of you on here she's not even the best player in the district, especially to the Upperman faithful.  Well i guess you're lucky you drawed a bye, or what should be a bye for you in the semi's! thumb

825560653[/snapback]

Not so fast on the seeding..........must see what happens 2/11 :P

Gcounty--

Have you seen a single team from 7AA play more than once this season??? Just curious if you have any idea what you are talking about, if you are just looking at who has the best record, or if you really feel that Jackson County is more talented than Upperman, York (with brown), or Smith County.

825559791[/snapback]

I've seen a lot of 7AA play this season, I wouldn't say that Jackson County is necessarily more talented but, they are playing well and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them come up with the district win. And I really don't think many other people would either.

I would have to say that York has just has good of a choice to win the distict as anyone. York has the best player in the distict hands down. In order for York to win the distict York's guards have to take some outside shots. If they hit some three's then they will have to get guarded, so teams can't double or triple team Brandi down in the post.

Not so fast 7AA youre not fast I think Brown can Win the State by herself...GO LADY BOBCATS... :D

825560849[/snapback]

If anyone could possibly win state by herself it would be Brandi Brown for sure. She is unbelivable, I remember when she almost put JC out in the Region semi-finals when she was a freshman she almost did it alone that night.

Looks like the district tournament is setting up nicely.  Sure looks good for Upperman as they get to play that weak team from York in the semi's.  I remember the last time i watched Miss Brown at White Co. High School.  She almost beat a state championship team by herself that night.  Upset? Nah surely not.  I mean like everyone says she's only one person and to most of you on here she's not even the best player in the district, especially to the Upperman faithful.  Well i guess you're lucky you drawed a bye, or what should be a bye for you in the semi's! thumb

825560653[/snapback]

Well I haven't seen any posts on here from the Upperman faithful or anyone else that said Brandi wasn't the best player in the district! I personally think she is the best talent at her position that I've seen in the state in a long time, if not ever. Her feet work is outstanding and the turn around jump shot is almost unstopable.

Mo's talent on the floor speaks for itself!! It's her achievements off the court that have been an inspiration to me and my family. She has touched more people than she will ever know. I'm proud that you're apart of 7AA and if govenor is what you want call me and I'll be the first to sign up.

Hillary is a true guard that has been called upon to play the post. Undersized at the position (about 5'8") she has posted some great numbers and is a member of the 1000 point club. This was accomplished against some of the best talent in the state such as Brandi. She can play all 5 positions well and does quite often. If double and triple teamed she makes good decisions and her teamates step up. If the press is on she handles the ball, if it's loose on the floor she's there with it. It counts for her every night, and as of today, with a team record of 10-0 in the district I would say that's pretty valuable! If you don't think she deserves and the coaches don't vote her MVP I don't think she'll mind. I don't think that's the goal she's trying to achieve. thumb