Westview beats Trenton in Overtime

ParisRiverRat

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As to putting time back on the clock...I don't think you should when it is under a second left because of the lack of video replay to get exactly how much should've been put back on the clock.  I saw 3/10s click off when the ball hit the floor.  I would have ruled game over unless I had video to back up how much time to put back on the clock.  In the NBA 3/10 is ruled to be too little time to get a shot off (anything under 4/10) and the game is over.  Then again, they have cameras everywhere and can reset the clock to the correct nanosecond.  But, that is just my opinion...take that a $1.87 and you can buy a gallon of gas.

825556866[/snapback]

Does the TSSAA address "nanoseconds"? I agree with you. Without the technology, how can a human (ref) see the split seconds on the clock, watch the play (as in this case - mid-court) AND listen for a whistle? BOY IS HE GOOD - NOT! He has consistantly made TERRIBLE calls all year. This has been the worst officiating for a season as a whole that I have ever seen. And I make that remark on both sides of the ball. I'll be the first to admit that PEabody should not have let things get to that point. They did not bring their "A" game to MArtin. Having said that - they won in regulation. Guess I'l go buy that gallon of gas now.

Does the TSSAA address "nanoseconds"?  I agree with you.  Without the technology, how can a human (ref) see the split seconds on the clock, watch the play (as in this case - mid-court) AND listen for a whistle?  BOY IS HE GOOD - NOT!  He has consistantly made TERRIBLE calls all year.  This has been the worst officiating for a season as a whole that I have ever seen.  And I make that remark on both sides of the ball.    I'll be the first to admit that PEabody should not have let things get to that point.  They did not bring their "A" game to MArtin.  Having said that - they won in regulation.  Guess I'l go buy that gallon of gas now.

825557183[/snapback]

I hear gas is going up to $1.89 in places.

I know that college goes by the buzzer and not the clock...meaning that the clock can read zero, but until the buzzer sounds and the red light shines around the backboard, the game isn't over.

I'm sure the TSSAA uses a rule along the same lines because the official have to listen for the buzzer and can't watch the clock.

One thing that puzzled me during the TP/WV game was that in overtime the clock continued to run for about 6 or 7 seconds around the 2:48 mark after a foul. It was caught by one of the officials, but no time was put back on the clock. Just an observation.

I hear gas is going up to $1.89 in places.

I know that college goes by the buzzer and not the clock...meaning that the clock can read zero, but until the buzzer sounds and the red light shines around the backboard, the game isn't over.

I'm sure the TSSAA uses a rule along the same lines because the official have to listen for the buzzer and can't watch the clock.

One thing that puzzled me during the TP/WV game was that in overtime the clock continued to run for about 6 or 7 seconds around the 2:48 mark after a foul.  It was caught by one of the officials, but no time was put back on the clock.  Just an observation.

825557257[/snapback]

Listening for the buzzer would make sense - although in a case such as this, how is .5 seconds decided upon? Would that be the standing rule? And if so, what if your scoreboard doesn't break seconds down? Then what? I guess the games over??? I remember well the issue of the clock continuing to run around the 2:48 mark......it was just a crazy game from the get go. Kudos to the WV coaching staff . However, if they lost the Belote kid, I'm sure they might rather have had a loss at the end of regulation in a game that otherwise means nothing, and still have him for post season play. He's a great player and hope he's okay. I'm looking forward to today's call in show. I would like to hear the opinions of others who were at the game last night.

referees Joyner and Boykin do a good job, but the guy from Obion is an absolute moron.  He must have got his license out of a cracker jack box! :D

825556585[/snapback]

Anyone know the ref from Obion's name. i think i know the one you're talking about. tall and slim. short black hair?????

Edited by oblivious