The Hardest Region and Substate in the State.

tomcatfan

Guest catfish-hunter

The loser of the region with Bolivar, Liberty, Lexington, and Humboldt will have to travel to Pulaski and play Giles County in the substate. That of course means Tyler Smith and Co., which is no easy task. I ain't saying that is is the hardest game in the state, but it ain't a cupcake by no means. The winner of that region will host a team like Waverly, Sycamore, Harpeth, or Cheatham (it has been Sycamore the past three years).

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea region 7 would have the toughest test to get to the boro but once u are there i think the winner of the winner region 8/ loser region 7 match up would play the winner of the winner region 6/loser region 5 match up so it would be one of liberty lexington or bolivar so it gets no easier i think the state tournament for Class AA will be probably the most entertaining of all the tounament games

The TSSAA rules state that there will be a drawing for the pairings in the state tournament after the substate games. This is to prevent a regional winner and a regional runner-up from advancing through the substate and being paired in the first round of the state tournament. Should UC and Haywood advance to the state...they would be in opposite brackets; same for RE and Mitchell.

I think newt probably was talking about Bolivar. This new redistricting is a joke! Why Bolivar isn't in with 14AA, I'll never understand! Something fishy is going on there....

State tourney always take place during the region 7 and 8 tourneys in AA boys'basketball. There are always 3 or 4 teams at the state tournament that would have a hard time getting out of the district tournament in west TN.

I think newt probably was talking about Bolivar.  This new redistricting is a joke!  Why Bolivar isn't in with 14AA, I'll never understand!  Something fishy is going on there....

State tourney always take place during the region 7 and 8 tourneys in AA boys'basketball.  There are always 3 or 4 teams at the state tournament that would have a hard time getting out of the district tournament in west TN.

825558799[/snapback]

Why would they be in 14AA??? we're in district with the same people we're with now plus Camden. I aint figured out what the big deal is yet so someone feel free to explain. The same teams that travel to Memphis in substate now, haywood, fayette-ware, etc., will be goin back next year.

btown,do you have msn?

825557734[/snapback]

nawh fraid not

The loser of the region with Bolivar, Liberty, Lexington, and Humboldt will have to travel to Pulaski and play Giles County in the substate.  That of course means Tyler Smith and Co., which is no easy task.  I ain't saying that is is the hardest game in the state, but it ain't a cupcake by no means.  The winner of that region will host a team like Waverly, Sycamore, Harpeth, or Cheatham (it has been Sycamore the past three years).

825557738[/snapback]

I would much rather go to Pulaski than have to go to Memphis and play Raleigh Egypt or Mitchell......

Guest catfish-hunter
I think anyone would rather go to Pulaski than Memphis.  At least that game is in a high school gym.  You go to Memphis you play in the Pyramid.  I think that idea stinks I dont know the purpose for that.

825559715[/snapback]

That one is easy tomcatfan!!! The reason that they would play the substate game at the Pyramid is because the gymnasium at RE or Mitchell isn't big enough to host a substate game. I'm not trying to harp on my team here fellas so please try not to take this the worng way. If Sycamore were to somehow win the regional tourney, then they would play their substate game at Montgomery Central OR at Cheatham County Central. WHY??? Because the gym in Pleasant View doesn't hold enough people to get to host a substate game. We have gone to Bolivar twice in the past three years in the substate and they do have a big gym. I just hate how it feels like everyone is sitting on top of one another in that place. Do you get told that very often btowntigers???

I never said that Giles County on the road would be a tougher game than say a trip to Memphis to play a team like RE or Mitchell. I just said that anyone who thinks that it is an easy game is sadly mistaken. Bolivar found out two years ago that going to Pulaski in the substate is no easy task.

In Single A the toughest regions play each other in the substate, Regions 3 and 4. Region 3 has been in the championship game the last four years, and won three of those. Region 3 has also had Mr. Basketball the last four times, Jason Holwerda, Jake Skogen, Jake Skogen, and Jon Cook. Its looking as this trend will continue this year with Temple getting far and Caleb being a finalist for Mr. Basketball.

Region 4 has a deep basketball tradition. Look @ the teams here, Pickett Co., Clay Co., Trousdale Co., Gordonsville, and Westmoreland.

Hard to argue with this.

That one is easy tomcatfan!!!  The reason that they would play the substate game at the Pyramid is because the gymnasium at RE or Mitchell isn't big enough to host a substate game.  I'm not trying to harp on my team here fellas so please try not to take this the worng way.  If Sycamore were to somehow win the regional tourney, then they would play their substate game at Montgomery Central OR at Cheatham County Central.  WHY???  Because the gym in Pleasant View doesn't hold enough people to get to host a substate game.  We have gone to Bolivar twice in the past three years in the substate and they do have a big gym.  I just hate how it feels like everyone is sitting on top of one another in that place.  Do you get told that very often btowntigers???

I never said that Giles County on the road would be a tougher game than say a trip to Memphis to play a team like RE or Mitchell.  I just said that anyone who thinks that it is an easy game is sadly mistaken.  Bolivar found out two years ago that going to Pulaski in the substate is no easy task.

825559753[/snapback]

The reason your sittin on top of each other is because we sell too many tickets. Its hard to even get a seat if you arent there when the girls game starts. I always liked to go right before the boys game started but everytime i do that now i have to stand up the whole game. What can i say, people in Bolivar love their basketball.

Let me just say this...I've been to games in Memphis when we played Ridgeway a couple of years ago and Raleigh-Egypt this year and i went to Pulaski in sectionals 2 years ago...I would MUCH rather play in Memphis than Pulaski. This year the Memphis teams would be tougher to beat because they are better teams than Giles County but as far as the environment goes Memphis is easier to play in than Pulaski. Playin in the Pyramid shouldnt rattle your good players. RE barely got past Fayette-Ware last year anyway, they won by 2 points i think. Tougher to beat the Memphis teams...but easier to play at.

Catfish you dont have to bring up the longest .9 seconds of my life :ph34r: Whoever hit that shot to win the game must run like a 2 second 40 since he can dribble to halfcourt in .9 seconds. We got ours last year though so i aint worried about it.

Guest catfish-hunter
The reason your sittin on top of each other is because we sell too many tickets. Its hard to even get a seat if you arent there when the girls game starts. I always liked to go right before the boys game started but everytime i do that now i have to stand up the whole game. What can i say, people in Bolivar love their basketball.

Let me just say this...I've been to games in Memphis when we played Ridgeway a couple of years ago and Raleigh-Egypt this year and i went to Pulaski in sectionals 2 years ago...I would MUCH rather play in Memphis than Pulaski. This year the Memphis teams would be tougher to beat because they are better teams than Giles County but as far as the environment goes Memphis is easier to play in than Pulaski. Playin in the Pyramid shouldnt rattle your good players. RE barely got past Fayette-Ware last year anyway, they won by 2 points i think. Tougher to beat the Memphis teams...but easier to play at.

Catfish you dont have to bring up the longest .9 seconds of my life  ;)  Whoever hit that shot to win the game must run like a 2 second 40 since he can dribble to halfcourt in .9 seconds. We got ours last year though so i aint worried about it.

825560143[/snapback]

Yeah I'd have to say that the banner and the gold ball pretty much speaks for itself, LOL!!!

That one is easy tomcatfan!!!  The reason that they would play the substate game at the Pyramid is because the gymnasium at RE or Mitchell isn't big enough to host a substate game.  I'm not trying to harp on my team here fellas so please try not to take this the worng way.  If Sycamore were to somehow win the regional tourney, then they would play their substate game at Montgomery Central OR at Cheatham County Central.  WHY???  Because the gym in Pleasant View doesn't hold enough people to get to host a substate game.  We have gone to Bolivar twice in the past three years in the substate and they do have a big gym.  I just hate how it feels like everyone is sitting on top of one another in that place.  Do you get told that very often btowntigers???

825559753[/snapback]

That's not it, though...because everybody in Shelby County plays their substate home games at the neutral site, and not all the gyms are too small. I'm not entirely sure why they did it, but I'm not a huge fan.