DI & DII State Finals

gablefan

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Find a smaller arena in any city, and stagger the times. It is not fair or fun to watch these intense matches from the upper decks!

825558848[/snapback]

that does not address the issue of fans. It assumes that only D1 would be interested in thier matches and the same for D2. If you staggered the times and the first set of fans wanted to stay, how could you accomodate the crowd in a small arena in any city?

that does not address the issue of fans. It assumes that only D1 would be interested in thier matches and the same for D2. If you staggered the times and the first set of fans wanted to stay, how could you accomodate the crowd in a small arena in any city?

825558867[/snapback]

Again I say same venue just different times for the finals and semi's.

Find a smaller arena in any city, and stagger the times. It is not fair or fun to watch these intense matches from the upper decks!

825558848[/snapback]

Yeah, "any city". Those fanatical local wrestling fans in Memphis and Knoxville could fill up a Holiday Inn closet.

Let it be. Chattanooga has the best venue and can generate more fans than the rest of state combined. The only problem is making all the Chattanooga area teams drive all the way to Clarksville and then have to lug all those trophies back to Chatt Town.

Yeah, "any city". Those fanatical local wrestling fans in Memphis and Knoxville could fill up a Holiday Inn closet.

Let it be. Chattanooga has the best venue and can generate more fans than the rest of state combined. The only problem is making all the Chattanooga area teams drive all the way to Clarksville and then have to lug all those trophies back to Chatt Town.

825559356[/snapback]

that is funny,,,,good one! :lol:

that does not address the issue of fans.  It assumes that only D1 would be interested in thier matches and the same for D2.  If you staggered the times and the first set of fans wanted to stay, how could you accomodate the crowd in a small arena in any city?

825558867[/snapback]

There are several thousand seats left at MacKenzie Arena during the individual finals, but the arena assures no one is close to the action, except the coaches.

825559356[/snapback]

If you wrestled, or had family / friends wrestle over time, it does not matter where the match is, the travel just makes it more fun! (Party! I got suspended for diving off the second floor of the Downtowner into the pool my sophmore year) but now as a parent, I want to be close to my son / match and offer advice (wrestling tips not diving) You cannot do it at an arena too large, I'm sure once my son graduates, the passion won't be as strong for me, but it's still the same for all.

825559356[/snapback]

Funny!! ;) True for now, but my gut feels a movement in Tennessee wrestling. A movement in interest and younger talent coming up the ranks.

soms

If you wrestled, or had family / friends wrestle over time, it does not matter where the match is, the travel just makes it more fun! (Party! I got suspended for diving off the second floor of the Downtowner into the pool my sophmore year) but now as a parent, I want to be close to my son / match and offer advice          (wrestling tips not diving) You cannot do it at an arena too large, I'm sure once my son graduates, the passion won't be as strong for me, but it's still the same for all.

825559825[/snapback]

This is too funny. When we traveled to Nashville in 1970 to pick up our championship trophy, one of our guys rolled off the second floor of the Albert Pick on the hood of a car. Fortunately, the car was not damaged - and neither was the rollee.

For those of you that may have had problems with taping of matches involving some of your boys, I did some checking on what the TSSAA policy is on this matter. My purpose in taping any matches are for my personal enjoyment and study of the sport for various personal & privatereasons.

This is the policy:

Video taping or filming is permitted if the taping or filming is for private use or use by the two schools involved and not for public or commercial use. Video taping or filming must be done from the individual’s seat. Individuals will not be allowed to use tripods. A school taping or filming its own matches may use a tripod. A school will not be allowed to tape or film a match unless its wrestler is involved. All taping or filming by a school may be approved by the local Game Director, and the Game Director shall assign space, when available, from which the school may tape or film.

I stand corrected if we have violated this rule at the state duals, but I do not see where we did then or at any other time.

Hey. on the bright side, I was able to get a good filming of the Cleveland-Waddell match as this camera was diverted in another direction. :lol:

soms

825559356[/snapback]

hey, we resemble that remark.......... :lol:

just got two words for ya.........spring fling! thumb

This is too funny. When we traveled to Nashville in 1970 to pick up our championship trophy, one of our guys rolled off the second floor of the Albert Pick on the hood of a car. Fortunately, the car was not damaged - and neither was the rollee.

825560046[/snapback]

It was the Drake Motel on Murfreesboro Road, not the Albert Pick. I heard he did not roll but jumped off the second floor balcony to avoid the coaches ( one of them being current Baylor assistant then ND coach Shaack Van Duesen). You are correct in that he was not injured. Not so sure about the car.