Bradley and Cleveland

bearmen

Come on man, that was awful. He shouldn't have called a tech on Coach Green, he didn't do anything to deserve a tech. No ref ever calls a tech with the game on the line, you shouldn't decide the game on tech. Charles Little was getting hammered down low, and he or nobody else couldn't get any calls. Do you remember when Colby Dodd went into the paint and he got blocked/fouled and they called at jump ball, and gave Bradley the ball. But what really got me is when one of the refs made a call, he was laughing. Its hard enough to be 5 of them, but we had to play 8 of them.

825562843[/snapback]

There was rough play on both ends but the bottom line is the coach has to keep quiet in those situations. I don't know what he said to the ref at the scorers table but whatever it was it must have been bad because the last thing the ref wants to do is call a technical on either coach in this game at that time. Coach Green has a history of blowing up and it is a shame because it has cost them in the past. The thing I don't understand is how the refs let rough play happen and then call minor contact fouls(on both teams). Oh well, hopefully we get one or two more Bradley/Cleveland games in the district and region tournaments.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Refs winning the game for Bradley???????????? Little was allowed to do whatever he wanted until they finally called a foul on him in the last minute.

I will give you one though, the goal tending call was a complete joke, he missed the ball and they called it goal tending?

825562580[/snapback]

AMEN!!! At Cumberland County little could do whatever he wanted! It made me sick! :huh:

There was rough play on both ends but the bottom line is the coach has to keep quiet in those situations.  I don't know what he said to the ref at the scorers table but whatever it was it must have been bad because the last thing the ref wants to do is call a technical on either coach in this game at that time.  Coach Green has a history of blowing up and it is a shame because it has cost them in the past.  The thing I don't understand is how the refs let rough play happen and then call minor contact fouls(on both teams).  Oh well, hopefully we get one or two more Bradley/Cleveland games in the district and region tournaments.

825562914[/snapback]

Green said nothin, he didn't do anything at all. But the game is over now, and there is nothin I or anybody else can do about. Good game by the Bears, especially when Wes Suiter got fouled out and they kept the lead. Good game by the Raiders for fighting hard, when it looked like you was gonna get blown out early. See ya in Cumberland(hopefully)

thumb How can you say that the refs won this game? Both teams are talented but but you also have to understand that bradley would never let cleveland take home a win on their home court. Especially after not losing a single game at Jim Smiddy Arena in 3 years. So before you start talking about the refs winning the game revew the last game played at cleveland and you might be able to say that about the game played there. Bradley, for the past 3 or 4 years has been a better team than cleveland and as long as bc has coach smith, that wont change. GO BEARS!!!!!!

Bradley fans take some comments to seriously. I was kidding when I said that the refs won this game, the game i was mostly worried about was the Bearettes vs. Lady Raiders. Thats the game that I really didn't wanna lose. But anyways, just calm down Bradley fans. Because the people in Raider Nation like to make smart/dumb/stupid comments on these boards, just to see what people say or to make people mad, and I have been guilty of that. I won't do that anymore, all of my post from here on out, will not be to put the other team down, but to show sportsmanship, the way it should be shown.

*Clevelandblueraiderfan*

Bradley fans take some comments to seriously. I was kidding when I said that the refs won this game, the game i was mostly worried about was the Bearettes vs. Lady Raiders. Thats the game that I really didn't wanna lose. But anyways, just calm down Bradley fans. Because the people in Raider Nation like to make smart/dumb/stupid comments on these boards, just to see what people say or to make people mad, and I have been guilty of that. I won't do that anymore, all of my post from here on out, will not be to put the other team down, but to show sportsmanship, the way it should be shown.

*Clevelandblueraiderfan*

825563241[/snapback]

Looks like someone is a changed man. ;) I'm surprised :D

Green said nothin, he didn't do anything at all. But the game is over now, and there is nothin I or anybody else can do about. Good game by the Bears, especially when Wes Suiter got fouled out and they kept the lead. Good game by the Raiders for fighting hard, when it looked like you was gonna get blown out early. See ya in Cumberland(hopefully)

825562965[/snapback]

Coach green looked at the ref eye to eye and pointed in his face and yelled you are pathetic, when a coach does that the ref has no choice but to T him up....good job by the officials poor decision making by coach green he mightof cost his team the game

Coach green looked at the ref eye to eye and pointed in his face and yelled you are pathetic, when a coach does that the ref has no choice but to T him up....good job by the officials poor decision making by coach green he mightof cost his team the game

825564468[/snapback]

Just for your information, you are totally wrong! Coach Green did not say a word to the official. The official that made the call, that was a terrible call, was on the other side of the gym with his back turned and Coach Green just wave his hands and another ref (who by the way, who had his arm around Coach Smith having their usual friendly conversation before the game) that had been awful the whole game was the one that T'd Coach Green up. That ref didn't have a clue. I know that Coach Green didn't say a word and surely didn't deserve the technical. But you can mark my words on this...leave it to the Athens Association to make the game about them and not let the kids decide the game. There wasn't a fan in the gym that left Friday night without commenting on how bad the officiating was both ways. Good officials are the ones that go unnoticed and don't have to take games in their hands.

It was a great game and both teams got some bad calls. But just to make a few comments to some of your responses: Shaggy 22 - I agree, Coach Green AGAIN lost his temper and it cost Cleveland 4 foul shots plus the ball to BCHS and you are absolutely right, Coach Green has a terrible history of blowing up and being argumentive with the refs. Unless you were actually sitting at the scorers table, how do you know for sure what Coach Green said. Sometimes Coaches need to know when to hold um' and when to fold um'. Officials do not appreciate being yelled at the entire game and criticized about their officiating from coaches.

To TNball00 - I believe you in saying that Coach Green looked at the ref and yelled you are pathetic because it is not the first time. It was a good decision by the officials because they are in control. Sometimes if we learn to keep our mouths shut in tight situations, we come out on top.

To those who were sitting at the talble and you actually heard what Coach Green said, you need to come forward and contact the Supervisor of the Athens Association and let them know that their officials made a bad call. When adults are put over children to be their superiors, they need to act as the adult and not like the child. Sometimes the examples we show children as adults rub off on them because they think we are right. I am not getting religious but the bible says once a man and twice a child. Are some of our men becoming that child quicker or have they never become a man.

Good luck to both CHS and BCHS and may the best team win and win on the floor, not from the coaches or the officials. :P

To those who were sitting at the talble and you actually heard what Coach Green said, you need to come forward and contact the Supervisor of the Athens Association and let them know that their officials made a bad call.  When adults are put over children to be their superiors, they need to act as the adult and not like the child.  Sometimes the examples we show children as adults rub off on them because they think we are right.  I am not getting religious but the bible says once a man and twice a child.  Are some of our men becoming that child quicker or have they never become a man.

Good luck to both CHS and BCHS and may the best team win and win on the floor, not from the coaches or the officials. ;)

825565317[/snapback]

#1 Had Cleveland stepped up and played ball and scored.A call would never had come into question.Little's 30 laps strutting around the gym and laughing and smiling during warmup's was part of Cleveland's problem,he didnt take the game serious. Had he ever developed an outside shot in the last 4 years ,Cleveland's ball team and his stock would have been much higher.

#2 Bradley has more scoring threats than Cleveland and overall is more talented,so them winning on a home floor isnt a shock at all,with a foul or not,they had the lead and was on the way to victory.

#3 Noone at the table needs to contact anyone,a foul was made inside on a rebound.The foul count was even for most of the game and favored Cleveland for the majority of it . Sothis wasnt a one sided game.Nowhere near it.

#4 The crying of Cleveland Student's,Parent's and Administrator's. From Middle School to High School has now become legendary.Those in the loop know what took place at the Boy's CMS game in Chattanooga at the end of the season.They know what happened at the girls State Final between OMS and CMS.They know what happens and the comments made by Director's,coaches,parents at the High School. They are bad winner's and even worse loser's. No other school in the area even starts these kind of threads or rants.Blame your Coach and your players for losing,Not a foul call.