Middle TN

blue06

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Webcoach is correct in that no Middle Tennessee teams will dominate this season. Hitting sales tickets (ok, you do need players that can put the ball in play), defense wins games and pitching & catching wins championships. All of these pitchers that claim to throw in the upper 80's (87,88,89mph) seem to only throw around 82mph when the pro scouts show up with a good gun. Why do you think that happens, could it be that people don't tell the truth? Good hitting teams will mash pitchers that can only throw 83mph-85mph.

What has happened to the great staffs of the past like the Mitchell brothers from Overton or Bolton & Pasquel from Antioch? Do teams just not have the same talent anymore?

Middle TN is not lacking on great pitching.  Mt. Juliet has 3 guys in their rotation that will throw mid to high 80's.  Caleb Cotham for Mt. Juliet could be one of the best juniors in the area.

825571073[/snapback]

1stbaseman,

One of the things I noticed in the team report on Mt. Juiet is that the coach is excited about the team in 05 but the coach wrote in the report AREA'S OF CONCERN - "Depth of pitching." He obviously doesn't agree that he has a "great" staff. They will obviously win some games but it takes a great staff to dominate and there objectively is not a HS team in the mid-state that has a great pitching staff.

http://www.tbca.org/2005%20class%20aaa%20district%209-12.htm

Guest Patriot4Life

Who has the dominate staff? Beech? come on.  Rutherford county has one good pitcher in the county. Mikie.

825566243[/snapback]

i think you will find that rutheford has more than 1 good pitcher. the ones i kmow of are Will Underland from Riverdale, Tye McCleary,Josh Farmer and Rusty Howard from Oakland.

Uthater501 - I agree with you on everything - talk is cheap. And Beech better prove their ability. Get too cocky and they'll fold like a deck of cards. White House's program continues to grow - great coach up there. I expect to see a lot out of them this year as well. Hendersonville - it's Hendersonville. Have they ever had a season of recent that stunk? No. Hendrix and Gilley continue to make that a great program. Looking forward to seeing McClurg show his stuff. Meadows has got a lot to prove for Beech going into his senior year. McAdams and Sampson have to stay strong too. Not too worried about the mound, better have some sticks and better defense this year.

Joshfletch80: Don't go to Beech - been in the Sumner County community a VERY long time. How about you? Do you go there? :lol:

Uthater501 - I agree with you on everything - talk is cheap.  And Beech better prove their ability.  Get too cocky and they'll fold like a deck of cards.  White House's program continues to grow - great coach up there.  I expect to see a lot out of them this year as well.  Hendersonville - it's Hendersonville.  Have they ever had a season of recent that stunk?  No.  Hendrix and Gilley continue to make that a great program.  Looking forward to seeing McClurg show his stuff.  Meadows has got a lot to prove for Beech going into his senior year.  McAdams and Sampson have to stay strong too.  Not too worried about the mound, better have some sticks and better defense this year.

Joshfletch80:  Don't go to Beech - been in the Sumner County community a VERY long time.  How about you?  Do you go there? :lol:

825571268[/snapback]

Beech players arent being to cocky, they know what they have to do, they know they have to step up and prove themselves. The mound will not be a problem, neither will the fielding, it will all come down to the hitting.

Gville- Yes i am a junior at beech.

Beech players arent being to cocky, they know what they have to do, they know they have to step up and prove themselves. The mound will not be a problem, neither will the fielding, it will all come down to the hitting.

I am tired of so many people only talking about their own schools. Talk about other schools in their district that they know pretty well, and admit that your team is not the best. But would could I expect from Beech fans. I guess I will always be disappointed with the huge brain-wave discrepancy in the city of Hville.

Just a couple thoughts.

1. Yep, I agree. How do some of the other teams stack up? Wilson Central, Gallatin?

2. I think a lot of coaches list "depth of pitching" before the season starts because it's just too dang early to see who's gonna come through in early May.

I also know that several coaches are truly concerned...

3. Beech always has a lot of talent. I'm not really sure what happens @ tourney time.

4. Hendersonville is mentioned a lot because their coaching staff consistently gets the best out of their players. (It doesn't hurt to have some good players.)

5. I hear that Meador(?) kid (Beech/Junior) is pretty decent.

6. Geez, I'm sooooo glad the baseball boards are open.

Have a GREAT season!!

I am tired of so many people only talking about their own schools.  Talk about other schools in their district that they know pretty well, and admit that your team is not the best.  But would could I expect from Beech fans.  I guess I will always be disappointed with the huge brain-wave discrepancy in the city of Hville.

825571981[/snapback]

This just shows how big of an idiot you are. I talk about my own school yes...did i say they would do good??? no i said they have the POTENTIAL, beech is not the best, they have POTENTIAL, idk other schools in the district so i have nothing to add there...wouldnt it make sense for me to mention what i know?