How many did Smyrna qualify?

HERD

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch Herd!! Lighten up....

On the Smyrna side, they had a very rough time out there. If something could go wrong, it definitely happened on this weekend. Smyrna wasn't the only team that went home empty handed this weekend though.

On a side note, I'd like to congratulate Creekwood, White House, and Friendship Christian for qualifying their first kids to the dance this year!!!!!

Looks to me that you yielded and were broken.... can you say"zero".

Oh I can hear it now "wait until next year" or "got a very young team"... I've heard that for years from y'all.

Less time on the board, more time at practice may help.

825564893[/snapback]

Pouring salt on an open wound huh... I suppose you kick puppies for fun too.

let me show you some facts here:

2000-01 6 qualifiers

2001-02 8 qualifiers

2002-03 6 qualifiers

2003-04 4 qualifiers

We haven't been saying next year. We've been saying we are building. No excuses being offered here. But I must commend you for your great sense of "Good Sportsmanship". You have never found us in the last 5 years during winning, looking at people we beat and kicking them while they are down. We win with class and we lose with class. Just wish everyone else did.

By the way, this program will be allowed to thrive more next year as I will be stepping down to allow a new coach to come in and take them to the next level. I think I am the problem here and I am more interested in these guys reaching their potential than I am in me being the coach.

Good luck guys,

Coach Gonyea

Smyrna High

Edited by CoachGonyeaSHS

2000-01  6 qualifiers

2001-02  8 qualifiers

2002-03  6 qualifiers

2003-04  4 qualifiers

We haven't been saying next year.  We've been saying we are building.  No excuses being offered here.  But I must commend you for your great sense of "Good Sportsmanship".  You have never found us in the last 5 years during winning, looking at people we beat and kicking them while they are down.  We win with class and we lose with class.  Just wish everyone else did.

By the way, this program will be allowed to thrive more next year as I will be stepping down to allow a new coach to come in and take them to the next level.  I think I am the problem here and I am more interested in these guys reaching their potential than I am in me being the coach.

Good luck guys,

Coach Gonyea

Smyrna High

825565067[/snapback]

Coach G,

Don't let the trolls on the message boards get to you. We all deal with rebuilding years every now and then.

2000-01  6 qualifiers

2001-02  8 qualifiers

2002-03  6 qualifiers

2003-04  4 qualifiers

We haven't been saying next year.  We've been saying we are building.  No excuses being offered here.  But I must commend you for your great sense of "Good Sportsmanship".  You have never found us in the last 5 years during winning, looking at people we beat and kicking them while they are down.  We win with class and we lose with class.  Just wish everyone else did.

By the way, this program will be allowed to thrive more next year as I will be stepping down to allow a new coach to come in and take them to the next level.  I think I am the problem here and I am more interested in these guys reaching their potential than I am in me being the coach.

Good luck guys,

Coach Gonyea

Smyrna High

825565067[/snapback]

Sad to here that you are stepping down because you are a great coach. Hopefully you will be back coaching. If you are not I am sure Smynra thanks you for all that you have done.

Coach G,

The worst thing you could do right now is give up on your guys. Smyrna was unheard of before you got there. I know it seems bad now, but look at the past years. Heck, you still qualified for region duals this year. I know it seems that you can't get over the hump, but you are definitely knocking at the door!!! You guys are way too close for you to walk away now.

Say what you say about Coach G, but in a sport where there are way too many coaches that are just doing it for a little extra cash, Coach G is one of the most passionate coaches in the midstate. Anyone who has spoken with him face to face about his program can see it all over him. Even all the posters on here can't argue with his determination to see his kids succeed. It would be a HUGE blow to the midstate and a big mistake to Smyrna if you guys let him go!

One more thing for you to think about Coach G....

The years where you are in a region with 24 teams is over. You guys are going to a much smaller region, where you guys have to be considered one of the favorites. Do you really want to walk away now, or do you want to come back and make every effort for that State duals trip that we all know you've been dying to make!?!?

Coach G,

The worst thing you could do right now is give up on your guys.  Smyrna was unheard of before you got there.  I know it seems bad now, but look at the past years.  Heck, you still qualified for region duals this year.  I know it seems that you can't get over the hump, but you are definitely knocking at the door!!!  You guys are way too close for you to walk away now.

Say what you say about Coach G, but in a sport where there are way too many coaches that are just doing it for a little extra cash, Coach G is one of the most passionate coaches in the midstate.  Anyone who has spoken with him face to face about his program can see it all over him.  Even all the posters on here can't argue with his determination to see his kids succeed.  It would be a HUGE blow to the midstate and a big mistake to Smyrna if you guys let him go!

One more thing for you to think about Coach G....

The years where you are in a region with 24 teams is over.  You guys are going to a much smaller region, where you guys have to be considered one of the favorites.  Do you really want to walk away now, or do you want to come back and make every effort for that State duals trip that we all know you've been dying to make!?!?

825565161[/snapback]

Hang in there, Coach. Make this decision a few weeks from now. Let the drain of the season recess and get some rest. I have been in your situation before and its a struggle, but hang in there. You are too close to the fire to make that decision now. I have allot of respect for the program you have built and I think that you can take it farther. Good luck in your decision but think it over first.

Coach G, if you quit I will be very upset. Your boys all look to you as an excellent motivator and coach. You've been responsible for building the team and for bringing in great assistant coaches to help in areas you may not feel you can as much. This doesn't have to be the start of Smyrna's decline, but if you leave it might be. HERD is a jerk, plain and simple. I realize he's not the reason you've come to this decision, but still. You're a good guy and a good coach. Remember: It's easy to stay when you're on top, it takes someone special to stay when success is not as readily available. Your guys need you now more than before, don't leave them.

Edited by Wrestling4Life

2000-01  6 qualifiers

2001-02  8 qualifiers

2002-03  6 qualifiers

2003-04  4 qualifiers

Good luck guys,

Coach Gonyea

Smyrna High

825565067[/snapback]

u said ur guys loss with class eh? well from what i saw ur 275 guy lost to tul. and after words he stormed off the mat, slammed open the door, huffing and puffing, that doesnt look like class to me....so befor u try and say ur guys are class acts, u need to teach them to be, not just say they are and them do what this guy did......

gosh,,that blast sounded like KKW let snobhater get a new screen name!

coach G., good luck with what ever you decide to do next year.

825565083[/snapback]

Tex, I have no idea what snobhater is doing. He did not make our varsity line up so he quit 3 weeks after Christmas. I sure do like the way you insinuate things.

Mark, Do not stop coaching because of something other than you believe it is best for you, your family and team. I go through these same feelings year after year. I really believe that you should take fiscon's advice and wait awhile to make your decision. If you already have someone in mind that you believe can take your team to the next level then hire him on as an assistant. I have known you for 15 years and believe that you do a great job with your kids. You are just frustrated now and need some time to reflect on the great influence you have had in their lives.

I hope you believe me when I say I do not know who HERD is, but I would be it is someone from Region 5 who has inside knowledge as to how many you qualified.

Edited by KKW