How many did Smyrna qualify?

HERD

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CoachG,

In no way am I trying to criticize you, but I think your thoughts should be said to the players directly in a team meeting. We who read these are glad that you aren't giving up. Talk with your team though. They would probably like to hear from you directly. You, as a coach, can only do so much. You can't go out on the mat for each of your guys.... I have no idea what you are going through, but from what the parents that have been on here are saying, you did an awesome job! You shouldn't be ashamed. :ph34r:

thumb COACH GONYEA YOU ARE THE FREAKIN MAN AND WE ALL LOVE YOU AND ARE GLAD YOU AREN'T LEAVING NOW REBUILDING STARTS TOMORROW WITH OUR TEAM MEETING THAT WE WILL HAVE. 5 SENIORS HAVE PLANS TO HELP TAKE THE PRESSURE OFF OF YOU AND BE THE ROMODELS YOU KNOW AND WE KNOW WE ARE!! PARENTS ARE BEHIND YOU AND WE HAVE WEEDED OUT ALL OF THE LOSERS AND CANCERS NOW WE CAN STRIVE TO SUCCESS WITH GUYS WHO WANT IT AND WITH YOU AT THE HELM WE KNOW THIS WILL BE YOUR BEST YEAR EVER AS A COACH! COACH GONYEA AND SHS WILL NEVER BE BROKEN WE CAN BE HURT AND DOWN BUT NEVER OUT!

WITH THIS I ADAM DEDMON SPEAK FOR ALL OF YOUR SENIORS WHEN I SAY WE CAN'T DO IT WITHOUT YOU COACH GONYEA BECAUSE YOU ARE THE HEART OF THE TEAM!

p.s. sry for all caps but it's necessary!

WE AREN'T AFRAID TO SAY WE LOVE OUR COACH!

EXCUSE ME WE HAVE 8 RETURNING SENIORS 7 STARTERS

Edited by wrestlerguy119

Coach G dont pay attention to the morons, that get on here at times. I am a Coach from far East TN. that came to your tournament this year and plan on coming back next. Did not get to talk to you much cause you were busy running thing. Your kids seemed to be competitors. Hang in there we all have bad years. Most of mine coaching has not been good cause I dont get a whole lot of support where I am. My A.D. treats me good. The principle treats me good, but we just dont get support from other coachs and the student body.

Coach you do it cause you LOVE your kids and you LOVE the sport. So take care of what you LOVE and do what you LOVE.

Tell the rest of them to KISS YOUR toe

HOPE YOU DECIDE TO STAY.

Im just gonna comment on Coach Gonyea from the perspective of a former Smyrna Wrestler. Coach G is a great coach. He and his staff made practices fun for us while getting work done and the 2 years I was there the success showed. Region Champs and Runner up. I will say that after attending a few practices this year that the desire of the team is way down from when I was there and to be honest I saw a total disrespect for Coach Gonyea not only from new guys but from Veteran Wrestlers. Coach Gonyea is easy going so he sometimes comes off as a pushover but this year I saw very few wrestlers taking it seriously and the ones who graduated this year will regret it for the rest of their lives. Smyrna moves into a new, smaller, and much weaker region next year where they will definitely be the favorites. The middle school program is up and running again and the coaches coming in are all products of the successful Smyrna teams of recent. I give Smyrna 5 years to be in the place that Franklin is in Right now.

Thank you BigRed, He is doing good. CT was good. Just another concussion but they are still scary. He is more upset about getting knocked out of the race!!

SMYRNA WILL BE BACK AND STRONGER THAN EVER.

And I hope with more respect for each other and their coaches.

Dedmon is right. He completly hit it all on the nose.

GO BULLDOG WRESTLING.

We will be backing you up all the way. thumb

Coach Gonyea, You are more than just a coach to us, you are a member of our family. We all fell bad about or loss.  Please do not add to our sadness by stepping down.  You are a possitive force in our lives. A season without Gonyea is like a day without sunshine.  We need you and love you.

825566413[/snapback]

are you serious?!

i mean i like my coach he is cool and all, but i have had a few coaches and you'll get through this. Maybe a little counseling, but you can do it buddy!

I have decided to say something also! My experience with Coach G is extremely positive. He cares about the athletes as a whole person. It speaks a lot when a coach tells his troops I am stepping down and they speak out in his defense of coaching and as a complete person. Think about your school or your boss and if they announced they are stepping down would you act the same? It is a sign of successful leadership. Coach G these kids all profited from your teachings thanks and stick with it. Stork Montgomery www.storkmontgomery.com thumb