Who Will Be The Best Decoy Sign Giver in Baseball?

borodbackscoach

Bowers ??? sure he's got some talent, but lets not overlook his mentor -- Bartlett. personally i dont feel that bartlett is getting enough credit here. Bartlett is master of the mental games. i actually heard him tell an opposing player that one of his hitters was blind and not to be alarmed if he came to the mound and felt his face before he got in the batters box. the kid was so rattled he couldnt throw strikes. he kept looking in the on deck circle waiting for a kid to come out and feel his face. MIND GAMES GOLD MEDAL TO YOU COACH B. WELL DONE!!! thumb

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CCRider - great point - I believe that most people don't know about Bartlett as he has left the game temporarily, I think it's temporarily? But anyway, Mike can carve out some mean signs and plays great mental games. We played him some years back and he sent a kid to the plate without a bat (which is legal), but the thing is, he made sure our pitcher heard him when he told me - he said "This kid charged the mound and hit a pitcher with his bat last week, so his punishment was to go up once with out a bat, the thing is, he's crazy enough to charge the mound and hit the pitcher with his batting helmet" My pitcher was terrified - walked him on 4 straight pitches which were all outside - weren't even close -

If Bartlett's been on the bbq sauce and crawdaddy legs - he is unstoppable.

Bowers ??? sure he's got some talent, but lets not overlook his mentor -- Bartlett.  personally i dont feel that bartlett is getting enough credit here.  Bartlett is master of the mental games.  i actually heard him tell an opposing player that one of his hitters was blind and not to be alarmed if he came to the mound and felt his face before he got in the batters box.  the kid was so rattled he couldnt throw strikes.  he kept looking in the on deck circle waiting for a kid to come out and feel his face.  MIND GAMES GOLD MEDAL TO YOU COACH B. WELL DONE!!! thumb

825572163[/snapback]

Bartlett is one of the great innovative minds of high school baseball, we are talking about the person who put a cardboard cut out of Dale Earnhardt at third to help improve his defense, put flavored water and moist towlettes on the bench for his players, took his hitters to Tone Loc for lessons, has the same shoe size as his 10 year old and can palm a golf ball.

And he isnt out of the game temporarily he is asst. coach for the middle school powerhouse Siegel MS, and was recently awarded the Cavalier Spirit Award for returning lost pencils and Trapper Keepers to his principal.

Edited by theone

You guys have it all wrong. Lem Pilkinton the head coach of Hit After Hit is the best. He is so good that he will give these bogus signals & cuss you out at the same time. He is trying to fake out the other team by his cussing. It looks like he is giving signals with his hands by touching different body parts. But what people dont know is that when he is cussing at his player he is really giving them a signal. It takes great practice to pull that off. The way he practices that is by cussing his employees at work so he will be ready on game day. That my friends, is your winner for the best decoy signal giver. Those of you that know Mr. Pilkinton knows I am right.

Yea Lem and the "BIG O" are a great combination. The problem is most kids are not tough enough to play for Lem anymore. The ones that can play two years for him understand what pro ball is like. Let's not forget to give credit to Zane the official general manager of the Hit after Hit franchise for teaching Lem and O everything they know about coaching and kids.

Edited by cbg

Man that's some funny stuff. What about WJB's new assistant??? He was LHS's pitching coach last year but has moved on to WJB. He looks like an up right Quzzy Motoe, you know "The Hunchback of Notre Dame". But Man!!!! Can he hit some fungo!!!! No not really.... Coach needs a driver because he has no power!!!! The infielders have to relay his fly balls to the outfield. His infield fungo has more hops than the EASTER BUNNY!!! Give that man some irons and watch out PGA!!!! He's a sly one when it comes to giving signs too!!! All I have to say is watch out siegel when Coach Holland steps on the field IT's GAME OVER!!! Look for him this season he's the tall lanky guy w/ side burns and alot of ATTITUDE!!! He'll be the coach in the 1st base coach box. The WJB Devils now have the edge!!! We're glad to have you here Coach Holland......Stick it to 'em!!!! thumb thumb