Rockwood Tigers

themagicrooster

Just curious if anyone has heard this or not, bur the rumor mill has Coach Lane in the running for the HC job at Roane St next year, assuming Coach Works retires. Living out of state, I just get this word of mouth and who knows the validity of it, but I was curious if any Rockwood folks have heard the same?

As for the State Tourney format, I think the TSSAA's new formula applied to private schools will really help the private schools. Most of the power private schools in single A (USJ, Goodpasture, Davidson Academy & FRA) will not be around. I think it leveled the playing field a bit.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first started working here I asked about a baseball/softball preview, but nothing ever came of it. I'm sure that it's a revenue things and that's a shame because everything doesn't have to be about money.

It would probably help if people called our editor and publisher and said they want one. Input from the public will do more than just me asking about it.

Just curious if anyone has heard this or not, bur the rumor mill has Coach Lane in the running for the HC job at Roane St next year, assuming Coach Works retires. Living out of state, I just get this word of mouth and who knows the validity of it, but  I was curious if any Rockwood folks have heard the same?

As for the State Tourney format, I think the TSSAA's new formula applied to private schools will really help the private schools. Most of the power private schools in single A (USJ, Goodpasture, Davidson Academy & FRA) will not be around. I think it leveled the playing field a bit.

825632240[/snapback]

I highly doubt that Coach Lane is going to go to Roane State. I know some people who have personally talked to him and he said he is not going to RSCC for the HC job if Works does retire.

Wouldn't believe your sources at this point. But Coach Works has to retire for the possibility to even come up. So it may be a moot point.

825633065[/snapback]

Thats why I asked. Either way, I think Coach Lane would be a great collegiate coach. With his coaching ability, I think he could even follow Coach Pete's path of coaching at RSCC and then move on to somewhere like MTSU. At Coach Lane's age and with his credentials, he has the options to do anything he wants. For the hometown's sake, I hope he does stay at RHS and doesn't have the itch to try the next level.

My sources come straight from the horses mouth my friend.

825633483[/snapback]

Not trying to be rude, but

1. Coach Lane is an intelligent man. He's not going to cause himself problems and tell people he wants the Roane State job when there is no opening, plus cause himself problems at Rockwood with players & parents.

2. Coach Works teaches Psychology at Roane State.

3. Coach Lane is taking Psychology classes at night on Monday & Wednesday. Would go out on a limb and say Rockwood High School doesn't offer Psychology as a class.

I wouldn't worry too much about it fellows. If Coach goes to RSCC he will do a great job there. If that happens, Brillo and Mr. Wilson will make sure Rockwood hires a top notch, proven or up-and-coming, coach to take over and whoever it is will do a good job with what is left for him. Remember that outstanding freshman class this year? They are already starting to contribute. Losing 4 talanted seniors this year won't help any, but I'm sure a group of at least 9 players will step it up and be ready to compete and contribute no matter who the coach is.

Hopefully, Rockwood can turn into kind of a feeder program. Not only for players going to college, but maybe for young coaches to come in and make a name for themselves and eventually get a college job themselves. No matter what happens, the Rockwood baseball program is top notch and will continue to stay there if not get better.

I think the team needs to stay focused on the games at hand and not worry about what Coach Lane may or may not do with his future. That's a decision thats his and his family's to make when and if the time comes. Until then, He has our support no matter what!! Afterall he is the coach and the team/playing decisions are his, not players, parents or fans. Keep up the good work Coach! And Keep up the good work TEAM!!!!

GO TIGERS!