signing Sarah Riddle

buick

:D I was talkin to some Oakland fans last week and I was surprised to find out that Sarah Riddle has not signed to play College level ball. I find this hard to beleive. What is the matter with the college coaches around here. I was told that Middle hasn't even called her. According to the article in the DNJ on Thursday, she has a 4.0 is a valedictorian and is averaging 10 point, 6.7 rebounds and 2 blocks per game.

After the touble UT had with the height of LSU, I'm surprised they aren't camped out at Oakland along with Vandy and the rest of the SEC.

It would be a real shame if she doesn't play 4 more years. :D

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D  I was talkin to some Oakland fans last week and I was surprised to find out that Sarah Riddle has not signed to play College level ball. I find this hard to beleive. What is the matter with the college coaches around here. I was told that Middle hasn't even called her. According to the article in the DNJ on Thursday, she has a 4.0 is a valedictorian and is averaging 10 point, 6.7 rebounds and 2 blocks per game.

After the touble UT had with the height of LSU, I'm surprised they aren't camped out at Oakland along with Vandy and the rest of the SEC.

It would be a real shame if she doesn't play 4 more years. :D

825565713[/snapback]

it's not like she hasn't been seen... i usually trust the scouts...

Guest Oakland
No offense to Miss Riddle, but right now she's not SEC caliber.

825566063[/snapback]

and id agree with that statement but i think buick's beef is that nobody is going after her. sarash would be a great fit at a mid major college( sun belt, mac,ovc,big south, etc)

remember, sarah has missed the better part of her last 2 seasons due to injury(in which I unfairly called her soft, my apologies sarah) so shes not as known as some of these others seniors who might be right where she is as far as college prospects go. im pretty confident that sarah will end up at a good division one program when its all said and done. Sarah has really come on as a major force as of late

I think everyone would agree though that she does have potential. And the fact that she is 6'4" does not hurt. One thing you can't coach is size and she possesses it.

825566792[/snapback]

I agree that she is not SEC quality right now. From what I understand she missed half her sophomore and all her junior year because of injuries. So if you look at her as a "junior" as far as playing time, I believe that she has the potential to be able to play at SEC level. Give her a year on weight training and conditioning and she would be another Snow who played for UT. Every coach will tell you that you can teach quickness, shooting, and speed, but you cannot teach 6'5". Plus, if you saw her play in the second White County game, you could see that she can play at SEC levels, just ask the White County point guard whose driving layup was not only blocked, but recovered by Riddle. She got up enough that she palmed the ball after the White County girl released it in her shot. A lot of exciting basketball in this girl's future, and as I said in my original post, I am really surprised that no one has signed her, whether SEC, mid major, or just local. The area coaches are really missing out.