who will when state?

utw07

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming out of region 8, I don't get to see a lot of these guys wrestle however we do travel to the mid-state area 4-5 times a year and have been at the state duals the last 3 so this is not a complete shot in the dark.

Kent Johnson (Coll) is on the weaker side of the 103 bracket and should have an easier time than Randolph getting to the final. If they do meet Kent will win. Randolph beat a very flu weakened Johnson on Friday night at state duals 9-2 but Johson is fully recovered and should be Collierville's first state champion.

Barnett (Germantown) 145 will wear gold

TJ Hannah is a very good wrestler at 145 where he was all year. My personal opinion is that he wanted a region title as a Senior but couldn't get it done at 145 against Barnett so he bumped. I don't think he can hang with the best 152's out there and may not even place.

Borneman will take 160. I believe his only losses this year are to Nick Marable from D2 CBHS. I don't know if he has met Davis this year and feel free to correct me on the losses if I'm wrong.

215- Lettner lost twice at State duals. Once to Rogers (Coll) and also to Weakley (Clarksville) bumping up from 189. Weakley's at 189 again and not saying Rogers will win but not Lettner. Watch Uri Hanson of Ridgeway.

Stewart Allen from Cordova will take 275

825567601[/snapback]

Borneman handled Bond Davis pretty well in the Finals at Father Ryan.

103- hunter radolph

112- danny coleman

119- mike ortiz

125- bo usary

130- ryan fuller

135- kelly felix

140- travis cregan

145-joel konz

152- tj hannah

160- bond davis or luke borneman (good match)

171- justin knox

189 john kirn or kenny merideth (should get best match)

215- matt letner

275- ben hazelett

825567346[/snapback]

I think Jordan Yoder is gunna win 145

112 Konz (Frk)  Upset, Remember when Casey Brewster got beat by a Freshman

825570606[/snapback]

Could be, but not likely. That freshman was Keller who came back to upset Brewster. Konz has something quite major going against him this time... Coleman will not be surprised like he was last year. I'm certain no one will be overlooked.

soms

Borneman handled Bond Davis pretty well in the Finals at Father Ryan.

825571250[/snapback]

Didn't Borneman beat Davis by 1 point. and somebody told me he beat Davis on a shot at the end of the third period. Don't know if that's true but I do know that Davis can beat Borneman. because he only last by a point and nobody this year has been able to beat Bond twice