Lady highlanders vs. Oliver springs

M_Gregory_78

as I said before........you know whats worse than a sad loser.....a sad, full of excuses winner!!!!

Scott girls played a great game and thats all that can be said.....you won, go complain to someone else, but whatever makes you all sleep better at night is fine with me!!!!

OS you guys are really sad down there in the cage, hmmmm, sure going to miss you guys next year when you all move to another district.

Good luck OS, I hope you get everything you deserve  thumb

825570476[/snapback]

ladyhighlandermom

I will never say the same about missing you! You can keep all your post in AA and Scott Co. Maybe COACHT needs to mark your all of posts un-repliable so you don't take so much offense to others comments. There is nothing sad about us here OS AND no excuses either on our post, GO READ YOU OWN!

QUIT being so JEALOUS of our program!

I will still say GOOD LUCK to the players and coaches of your team!

I ALWAYS SLEEP GREAT AT NIGHT, HOPE YOU DO TOO!!!!!

PS- OUT OF THE "CAGE" 04-05 15-2 SO FAR!!!!!!

GO LADYCATS!!!!!!!!

Edited by bballmom

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OS loss breakdown:

1 L at home vs Clarkrange

1 L on road @ Webb

1 L on neutral court vs Powell

It sure isn't like they lost to an unranked team!!

How's that for balance?? As for the 25 wins, well.....

And please don't get me wrong, I really like the Scott High program and respect the heck out of what the coaches have done this year and will continue to do, but...I just wanted to show that OS is pretty "dang" good wherever they play a ballgame!!

Yes Wright did play everyone at home and everyone seemed to be on fire that night. When I left there that night I knew that OS wasn't 59 points better than Scott, but some nights you can do little wrong or little right which was the case back in December for both teams.

I'd like to see Scott turn things around. In the mid 90s, the Lady Highlanders were among the state's best. Tuesday's game could really help them toward getting back to that if they can bring that type of emotion and hard-working style on a nightly basis.

I don't have a dog in this race, but one thing you have to keep in mind is that the district tournament starts next week and OS coach could have been trying to keep his players fresher and not injured for the last few weeks of season.

As for the highlanders, they were defending their home court and when the top team come to your place you are going to do your best to make a statement. As for the OS coach is concerned he just wants to win. He is not worried about a blow out, just a win to take him into the tournament. Had this been a rival (like Kingston) game it might had been a different story.

OS is the better team, their record shows it. Scott needs to worry about the district tournaments and get a win to make it to the Regionals. District 3 is not that hot this year except for AE and you never know when you will have that perfect game and all the cards fall just right to finish higher than expected.

Good luck to both both teams this year and maybe Pigeon Forge will make it to Sub-State and get to play one of your teams. thumb

I'm a Highlander Fan, but I have to be the first to admit, Oliver Springs has a preimier girls program. They show no signs of slowing down either. Just watch their jr.high team.

I would love to see our (SHS) program at this level. I believe that we have some young talent that could help turn it around. It's just can't happen overnight.

The coaches have alot of work to do.

Yes, it was exciting to us that we actually played competitively. Even with a loss.

When you say OS played everyone, that is true, but their bench is just as strong as their starters. They are by far the best team we have faced.

I have never said that Oliver Springs isn't the best in the distirct. I know they are and that is why I was so proud of the Lady Highlanders for bringing their best to them on Tuesday night......But then people come on here and say things that makes it out like Oliver Springs didn't really try and give us a good game. That takes some of the air out of a much better performance by the Lady Highlanders.

These girls have been lacking confidence, and they had no respect from alot of teams and fans, that is why I was so happy to see us lose by 14 and not 59 points. I felt like "bballmom" was making excuses as to why SHS stayed so close to The Ladycats. And I got real defensive then, and it made me mad. Nobody is saying that Oliver Springs isn't awesome, I for one agree that they are awesome, and to the people of OS you guys have been on the winning side so long that maybe you have forgotten how hard it is to be at the bottom, so for us a 14 point loss to you guys is almost like a victory for us, it was just a matter of gaining some respect for our girls. They get left out of alot of stuff, everyone stays focused on SHS boys and they deserve that but people need to rememeber that the Lady Highlanders is part of the school too and it would be nice to see the crowd show up and support them like they do the boys.

So I conceed that OS is the best but you won't convince me that OS didn't try in the game Tuesday night against us, so to SHS girls you, you played OS every minute of the game and don't let anyone tell you any different, GO SHS!!!!!

I have never said that Oliver Springs isn't the best in the distirct. I know they are and that is why I was so proud of the Lady Highlanders for bringing their best to them on Tuesday night......But then people come on here and say things that makes it out like Oliver Springs didn't really try and give us a good game. That takes some of the air out of a much better performance by the Lady Highlanders.

These girls have been lacking confidence, and they had no respect from alot of teams and fans, that is why I was so happy to see us lose by 14 and not 59 points. I felt like "bballmom" was making excuses as to why SHS stayed so close to The Ladycats. And I got real defensive then, and it made me mad. Nobody is saying that Oliver Springs isn't awesome, I for one agree that they are awesome, and to the people of OS you guys have been on the winning side so long that maybe you have forgotten how hard it is to be at the bottom, so for us a 14 point loss to you guys is almost like a victory for us, it was just a matter of gaining some respect for our girls. They get left out of alot of stuff, everyone stays focused on SHS boys and they deserve that but people need to rememeber that the Lady Highlanders is part of the school too and it would be nice to see the crowd show up and support them like they do the boys.

So I conceed that OS is the best but you won't convince me that OS didn't try in the game Tuesday night against us, so to SHS girls you, you played OS every minute of the game and don't let anyone tell you any different, GO SHS!!!!!

825571228[/snapback]

Get you fellings off of your shoulder please. I never said OS didn't try against you just stating game facts. I'm sorry ladyhighlandermom for making you mad I never intended to do that. I have the upmost repect for your players. coaches, and school, I don't think I've ever said otherwise? If so I'm sorry.

As far as my responses to your comments, I guess you didn't make it look like or say OS wasn't as good as everyone thinks due to their lack luster performance on Tues.????? I feel bad for your girls if they are treated like you say, that is sad and hopefully it will change down the road.

BTW- OS gilrs are in the gym @ 6:30 this morning due to shooting a mere 20% at SCHS on Tues.

GO LADYCATS!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by bballmom

Well Matt they didn't win but they sure did bring them down to size!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the 55-41 score puts that terrible score from the previous game long behind us......what was it again??????

You take the "Cats" out of their cage and they ain't so bad anymore!!!!!!

Lady Highlanders sure did win some RESPECT last night!!!!!!!!

825568572[/snapback]

highlandermom how do u know who iam?......As bad as i hate to say it i wasnt expecting for scott and os to be that good of a game, im really happy for the lady highlanders i really hope they can keep it together and go far in the tounament. About the thing with brandy nelson scoring so much that game.... why would u want sombody whos on fire and who can hit a big percentage of her shots not to score?

Edited by M_Gregory_78