Volunteer Falcons Baseball

Pitcher99

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank goodness this week is about over. 0-4 in conference play, 2 big wins against Cloudland Midd 'um I mean Cloudland High School and and another tough one tonight against a pretty good Boone team. The road to finishing in the top half of the conference is really going to be tough now. Last nights losses were big.

Guys just keep playing hard and we'll see how it turns out. I think I can speak for most of your fans and say we're still behind you 100%.

PS Special thanks to Coach McClain for standing up for our kids last night. Personally I would have liked to seen you punch that umps lights out but I know it wouldn't be right punching out a blind man. <_<

GO FALCONS!

Thank goodness this week is about over. 0-4 in conference play, 2 big wins against Cloudland Midd  'um I mean Cloudland High School and and another tough one tonight against a pretty good Boone team. The road to finishing in the top half of the conference is really going to be tough now. Last nights losses were big.

Guys just keep playing hard and we'll see how it turns out. I think I can speak for most of your fans and say we're still behind you 100%.

PS  Special thanks to Coach McClain for standing up for our kids last night. Personally I would have liked to seen you punch that umps lights out but I know it wouldn't be right punching out a blind man. <_<

GO FALCONS!

825641579[/snapback]

The officiating was weak last night, but it was that way on both sides of the ball. I don't blame your coach, although he should have picked a better moment, like in the first game.... late in the game. Betsy's coach kept his cool early in the game when calls weren't friendly to them. In the second game the plate ump was giving a big outside corner. The Cyclones took advantage of that zone, but Voluteer seemed to ignore what the official was giving. Tough game for both teams. Good luck to your Falcons.

On another note, does Volunteer have a Bowman that plays?

The officiating was weak last night, but it was that way on both sides of the ball. I don't blame your coach, although he should have picked a better moment, like in the first game....    late in the game. Betsy's coach kept his cool early in the game when calls weren't friendly to them.  In the second game the plate ump was giving a big outside corner. The Cyclones took advantage of that zone, but Voluteer seemed to ignore what the official was giving.  Tough game for both teams. Good luck to your Falcons.

On another note, does Volunteer have a Bowman that plays?

825641665[/snapback]

GLee, I agree with you. The umps were terrible for BOTH teams. That bunt play, in particular, was awful. They both stunk so bad, they let the game get out of control. I kinda thought your 1st baseman was safe at home, too, and unless he used profanity, he shouldn't have got tossed. The guy behind the plate let us get into his head and he payed more attention to what we were saying than the game. Your guys showed a lot of heart to come back in that first game. Congratulations.

No Bowman.

Edited by Falconbaseballbacker

I agree with Backer and GLee. Seems a lot of the umpires we see( no matter where we go or even at our place) spend way to much time worrying about fan jeers and not focusing on the game at hand. I have NEVER been to a game on any level that fans don't sound off about something. That kind of goes with the job. The umps last night let both games get out of hand due to that lack of focus. Thats a shame because they missed two pretty good ballgames.

I don't expect them to be perfect, all I expect is that they are as consistent as possible for both teams. I heard a comment from one of Volunteers biggest fans and probably one of our most vocal, and I thought it was a very good statement when he said, and I quote "The only thing consistent about these guys is their inconsistency." I thought that was it in a nut shell. Bad for both teams and all the fans. Good luck to Betsy the rest of the way. See you guys come District time, hopefully we won't see those two umpires.

GO FALCONS! Get ready for BOONE tonight.

Tough week, guys. Show what you are made of and bounce back with a win Tuesday.  Better be ready, Coach Krantz will have Central ready to play. Let's get things back on the right track for the homestretch. You still have the possibility of a very good season.

825642629[/snapback]

Amen brother! We've got a long way to go and a lot of games to play. Spring break this week and only 2 game days. Sounds like a good week to work out some kinks and get ready for the second half of the season.

GO FALCONS! We're still behind you all the way.

PS Does anyone have any info on JV or FRESH. games this week? I Need to know when to have field ready.