REGION 8

BartlettDad

I think it's great that Luke won the title. However, one cannot stop to think of his opponent, Bond Davis who lost 3 streight state championship matches in a row.

825576290[/snapback]

Yeah, that was tuff. Both great wrestlers. If Luke would have stayed at 171 then you would had two seniors Knox and Luke both former finalist ! It's great to have that many great wrestlers in our State.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The future is looking bright for the former Region 8, future Region 10.  Of the 14 medalists at the Division state, 8 of them are returning. 

103 - Kent Johnson - Collierville - CHAMPION - sophomore

112 - Demetrius Johnson - Brighton - 3rd - sophomore

125 - Jonas Gibbs - Ridgeway - 5th - junior

140 - Brandon Wright - Houston - 3rd - sophomore

140 - Ben Scott - Ridgeway - 6th - junior

145 - Brendan Gipson - Cordova - 6th - sophomore

171 - Josh Bourland - Bolton - 4th - junior

215 - Brett Rogers - Collierville - 3rd - sophomore

What has been the key?  The middle school program in West TN is producing great wrestling.  11 of the 14 state placers in DI were in the middle school programs.  7 of the 8 returning placewinners were in the middle school programs.  In the thread breaking down the region placewinners Region 8 tied for second with Region 3 for current regions and tied for second with Region 3 for the new regions.  We had 3 teams in the top ten, more than any other region.  Coaches, wrestlers and parents let us all work that much harder to keep West TN wrestling on the map where it currently is and where it belongs.  Through a strong community effort even more kids will have the opportunity to realize their dreams in Chattanooga in upcoming years.

825575938[/snapback]

dude, where's the plug for your summer programs and camps...... thumb

Girls Track 1989 Class AAA Long Jump Champion Nikki McCray 18' 7"

Girls Track 1988 Class AAA Long Jump Champion Nikki McCray 18' 7"

Yeah, she wasn't bad on the basketball court either, got a ride to UT.

Congrats Luke, it was fantastic watching you and Zach sharing that moment with the coaches and rest of the Houston family.

Congratulations to all our Region 8 medalists! Y'all looked great! I tried watched every match that you were in & cheered, yelled out your name, and booed (when appropriate). I hope all you wrestlers could hear us from the stands!

Thank you for your outstanding performance, wrestlers, and coaches as well. thumb

The future is looking bright for the former Region 8, future Region 10.  Of the 14 medalists at the Division state, 8 of them are returning. 

103 - Kent Johnson - Collierville - CHAMPION - sophomore

112 - Demetrius Johnson - Brighton - 3rd - sophomore

125 - Jonas Gibbs - Ridgeway - 5th - junior

140 - Brandon Wright - Houston - 3rd - sophomore

140 - Ben Scott - Ridgeway - 6th - junior

145 - Brendan Gipson - Cordova - 6th - sophomore

171 - Josh Bourland - Bolton - 4th - junior

215 - Brett Rogers - Collierville - 3rd - sophomore

What has been the key?  The middle school program in West TN is producing great wrestling.  11 of the 14 state placers in DI were in the middle school programs.  7 of the 8 returning placewinners were in the middle school programs.  In the thread breaking down the region placewinners Region 8 tied for second with Region 3 for current regions and tied for second with Region 3 for the new regions.  We had 3 teams in the top ten, more than any other region.  Coaches, wrestlers and parents let us all work that much harder to keep West TN wrestling on the map where it currently is and where it belongs.  Through a strong community effort even more kids will have the opportunity to realize their dreams in Chattanooga in upcoming years.

825575938[/snapback]

CoachD, Great job. How many starters will youHouston) return next year? Which WesTN team is the favorite to win Region 10 next year? I think the West made a BIG statement at the state tournament this year. Congratulations to all the Region 8 wrestlers and coaches.

CoachD,  Great job.  How many starters will youHouston) return next year? Which WesTN team is  the favorite to win Region 10 next year?  I think the West made a BIG statement at the state tournament this year. Congratulations to all the Region 8 wrestlers and coaches.

825581046[/snapback]

Collierville is only graduating 3 wrestlers. They would have to bew the favorites. We are graduating 7 starters. Hopefully the younger wrestlers can step up so that we can make a run at it.

Collierville is only graduating 3 wrestlers.  They would have to bew the favorites.  We are graduating 7 starters.  Hopefully the younger wrestlers can step up so that we can make a run at it.

825581493[/snapback]

Actually 4 Coach. 135 (Hunt), 140 (Speroff), 152 (Cullen) and 275 (Lindow)

Congratulations to Andy, Brandon and Luke. As I said in an earlier post, Brandon may be your next State Champ. He exploded onto the state scene at the tournament and made an impression on a lot of people. thumb

Well TM and Roadrunner have asked that I give a Region wrapup. As usual wrestling 101 and WrestleSBA will not like it but here goes.

Still put my money on Ridgeway, last minute changes in line up could effect many points in the Region and in the State. Collierville still had some MIA's, but held on to their "dynasty"

Might have to take back the hasbeen comments (TM I know you like those) since both had state finalist. Word has it, one has coached his last match, BartlettDad may have the insight.

Cordova, major surprise to more than me. CBHS still had little challenge to make to the final tournament.

Bartlett is still the one with the long term plan and always look out for the Wildcats,which one?

Ben Scott would be dark horse favorite to medal this year and probable championion next.

See you next year in REGIONX

Edited by REGIONX