Oneida Lady Indians

b-ballnut

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard Oneida was making a charge in the second half, must have run out of time. Coalfield must have been hitting on all cylinders early, cause when you lead any team by 20 you have to be playing well. Congrads on the win, Lady Jackets(you managed to shoot my prediction out of the water)! Reload, Lady Indians! The law of tournament play is survive and advance. As long as you are still alive to play another day ANY THING can happen. Beat Rockwood!

Wartburg will be tough to beat n the C'ship Game. Coalfield has already made me look bad once, its hard to bet against them twice. Let's go.........Lady Bulldogs by 3. ;)

thumb Kaz thumb

Kaz,

That sounds like a good pick. I'll take the Dogs 54 Coalfield 52 at the Davis in a close game. If the Jackets happen to get Jackson and Jones going it could go the other way. Wartburg needs to step up and play. I don't think they have played their best game yet!

I'll go with Oneida over Rockwood BIG +10pts. Look for the Indians to be a little mad after their last performance.

Edited by bigdave25

BigD, is C. Jackson taken the biggest jump in improvement in the conference this year? I remember her playing last year(I think), but her play didn't particularly stand out as much as it has this year. I remember when they came up to Oneida that I thought, where did this girl come from. Was that performance just a one time thing, or does her motor run like that all the time? I mean Co-MVP.

thumb Kaz thumb

Casey Jackson makes this team go---pure and simple. She is the only senior and provides a LOAD of experience, leadership, and intangibles to go along with her hustle and athleticism. Take her out of the mix and Coalfield is just a middle of the pack team.

Not to take anything away from Player of the Year Tabitha Jones or anybody else on the Lady Jackets, but Casey Jackson is the MVP on this team. When she picked up a couple of early fouls last night, I thought the Lady Jackets might'a been in for some trouble. To their credit, they hung tough and played well until she was able to come back. And, to her credit, she was able to play hard, but smart, and still finish the game.

Coalfield played extremely good TEAM ball last night. They do the same thing Fri. night, they might surprise the Lady Dawgs a second year in a row. :D

---rSquared

Coalfield must have been hitting on all cylinders early, cause when you lead any team by 20 you have to be playing well. 

825581204[/snapback]

Coalfield played a great ballgame and I'm not going to take a thing away from them, but Oneida did a whole lot to get themselves behind by 20. The first 19 minutes of the game were the worst I have seen Oneida play this year. Coach West used a time out at the five minute mark of the third quarter when the Lady Jackets went up by 20 and it was a totally different Oneida team the rest of the way. They charged back to cut it to 10 heading into the fourth and had all the momentum, but Coalfield scored on a three-point play to start the fourth quarter and it was essentially over at that point. Oneida was able to make up some ground late thanks in part to a lot of missed Coalfield free throws.