Oneida Lady Indians

b-ballnut

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to bring the Oneida post back to the first page. Much props to your post season run and USJ knows they were in a battle from start to finish. Heres hoping you return to the Glass House a little wiser and with more resolve than ever. Not much being posted about you kids, but the fans that keep a "close" eye out on you could not be more proud of you and your success this season. Stay hungry because there are no givens on the court. You have the ability to keep the Goliaths of Basketball right where most of them are right now, home. Again heads up, you have continued to make us here at Oneida very PROUD!

thumb Kaz thumb

A lot has to be said for this group of young ladies that 1. Didn't have a very attractive season record. 2. Didn't win their regular season district title or their district tournament. 3. Didn't win their region. However they did win when it all mattered to make it all the way to the state. I believe this was the 15th appearance for an Oneida Lady Indians team at the state tournament. You never really hear a lot of hipe on here about the Lady Indians of Oneida but to be able to step up in the end as a Cinderella team with a lot of heart and make it to the glass house starting 4 sophomores and 1 junior and losing by only 8 to USJ that went on to make it to the title game......these girls are awesome. They will be working in the off season and hopefully they can go back again to the Boro and take another shot at it. To be one of the elite 8 is an honor. Everyone is proud of your accomplishments Lady Indians and we look forward to next year when you can build on your accomplishments of this year and shoot for those titles that slipped away this year. The team is only loosing 1 senior that had very limited playing time, and this coupled with the group of talented newcomers coming in next year should help the team reach next years goals in your basketball careers. Several of them should be able to contribute to these goals. In closing.....WAY TO GO ONEIDA LADY INDIANS !!!!!! thumb thumb thumb

Good move, kazam37, on bringing the Indians back up.

They Definitely Deserve It!

I went to Cloudland and watched them.

Cloudland might have given it a better try, but I think that

the defensive assault you guys put on the home team was

simply too much to overcome.

I, as a Unaka, Cloudland fan, really admired the way your

Ladies were ALWAYS in ATTACK mode, offensively and

defensively.

Keep up the good work, and the best of luck to you.

Kim Richardson

Titles are nice, but I'll bet Wartburg, Cloudland, and Unaka would trade in theirs for a opportunity to play hoops in the Glass House. They are all excellent teams and any one of them would have been deserving of that chance. However, you most always focus on the law of the playoffs, never take the night off when faced with elimination! Oneida has done this well every year and that tradition makes them an intimidating team to face in the playoffs. The youth on this basketball team should serve the school well in the future, as long as they remember that the teams the thing!

thumb Kaz thumb