Cheatham County Information

CoachT

A bonafide change of residence, even for athletic purposes only, is completely legal.  The ethical implications are for another thread.

825571378[/snapback]

I agree. But if you read what he said he admits he moved in the same way but it is OK for him to do so because he didn't try to "go around the rules". Of course he went around the rules. He just did a more complete job of it which, if you think about it, is just as wrong. Regardless, it certainly doesn't make him any better than the parents at Cheatham County. Just more thorough. The fact that both players, his daughter and the Cheatham County girl, cheated their former teammates out of a better season is totally overlooked, it seems.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B)

It was pulled because of irrational responses that were getting out of hand. As far as the spelling goes- GUILTY.

Do you really think that a principal turned in her close friend without a phone call to warn her, or that she waited til the last minute. I don't know whwt happened. I hear a lot of rumors, but that is seldom right. I know this the T$$AA does nothing unless it's hand if forced. The only thing they like more than collecting money is doing nothing all day.  ITS OVER!

825571290[/snapback]

I thought you said, "Your quote wasn't pulled?

You also said, The only ones able to turn in another team was a H.S. principal.

So, are you saying Mrs. Richadson turned her own self in?

Seems HARPETHBOOSTER knows a lot about something, but the points arn't clear.

And ,no,it's not over. Wish it was. But you guys detest anyone that offers up a little

competition. Ya'll don't just discriminate Cheatham Central. It's that obvious, and

congradulations by the way on that technical 1st place buy in the tourney.

SEE YA AT THE REGION. The winner still hasn't been decided. :o

I have been reading on this. Someone please correct me. She lost her eligibility because the parents did not shut off phone or utilities at their other place and the college age daughter was the only one that was staying there. I would think that this would be no different than paying for her an apartment in college. If they are living at the new residence and not going back to the old residence, except for up keep? Have not seen specific infractions only change of residence talk, which they did. What am I missing?

Edited by options86

Can't say scared... Harpeth is not just good, they're awesome. I've followed these girls since jr. pro. They're nobody to take lightly, but if Cheatham has they're head in the game and plays with the determination I know they have, Cheatham will come out the winner. B)

The animosity I've been reading about is just not there. These girls that don't see floor time in the game, do see their pratice contribution in the game and are satisfied and understand they have contributed and sacrificed as much or more than starters. It takes more heart and determination to attend every pratice and every meet giving what they all give and knowing their floor time will be less than 20 min. in the season. The starters are not so arogant either. They appreciate their team mates and realize the contributions made by everyone. Coach Carr makes sure of that. He has his faults, but he won't allow anyone to mistreat his girls.

It's a shame the other program doesn't have that.

They should be jelous. :o

Edited by tn_33

I have been reading on this.  Someone please correct me.  She lost her eligibility because the parents did not shut off phone or utilities at their other place and the college age daughter was the only one that was staying there.  I would think that this would be no different than paying for her an apartment in college.  If they are living at the new residence and not going back to the old residence, except for up keep?  Have not seen specific infractions only change of residence talk, which they did.  What am I missing?

825571855[/snapback]

To my understanding they didn't make a complete change or "bonefied" change of residence.

Meaning, though they moved their beds to a rented appartment?? They didn't move or change their mailing address on vital or considered important documents.

The truth is, all info. is hear say on what they did or didn't do up to this point.

We realy don't know what the concrete violation consisted of outside our own speculations.

What we do know is this has caused animosity between two schools in the same county and ruled under the same government. That is a loss to both sides. :ph34r:

In the other half of this region and single A & triple A schools in the same area transfers such as this have had to sit out a whole season of basketball, then play the following season(none were a senior though). The rules are not secrets. We follow them. Can't everyone?

Speculation is right. I think a bonafide change of residence (lmao at bonefied!), would include having your mail delivered to the apartment, changing your voting precinct, having the utilities put in the leasor's name, etc.....I have no idea one way or the other if these things were done or not, but moving is a pain in the backside!

Have you ever told your child 'you're not sorry you did it, you're sorry you got caught'? Blaming the one that 'might' have turned you in rings the same. I hope someone will tell the whole story from a neutral perspective and put this thing to rest. Good luck to both teams in tournaments.

Speculation is right.  I think a bonafide change of residence (lmao at bonefied!), would include having your mail delivered to the apartment, changing your voting precinct, having the utilities put in the leasor's name, etc.....I have no idea one way or the other if these things were done or not, but moving is a pain in the backside!

Have you ever told your child 'you're not sorry you did it, you're sorry you got caught'?  Blaming the one that 'might' have turned you in rings the same.  I hope someone will tell the whole story from a neutral perspective and put this thing to rest.  Good luck to both teams in tournaments.

825572148[/snapback]

I have to agree with this one. Wrong is wrong. You play dirty and sometimes you get caught and you have to play the price. I think if I was a Coach with a good team, I would have dotted my i's and crossed my t's. Coach Carr should have taken care of this at the start of the season. I think he should take the blame too. :o

I have to agree with this one.  Wrong is wrong.  You play dirty and sometimes you get caught and you have to play the price.  I think if I was a Coach with a good team, I would have dotted my i's and crossed my t's.  Coach Carr should have taken care of this at the start of the season.  I think he should take the blame too. :o

825572194[/snapback]

He did just that in the Tennessean article. You have to give him credit for that. He didn't blame another school for the snafu.

I think this whole situation should be a lesson for anyone else thinking of transferring in the future. Learn the rules....learn the rules....learn the rules...and follow them. If you do....there will be no problems.