Brandon Wright? Tyler Smith?

nasty fro bro 20

Brandan Wright is one of the high school players in country without a doubt but the kid is not ready for the NBA. If he cannnot hold his own at the high school level how in the world will he be able to guard the big boys in the NBA. I mean Shaq could eat the kid if he wanted to. I think he needs to go college for a couple of years and get stronger. He will definitely play in NBA one day but now is not the time.

thumb

As for Tyler I love the fact that he is staying in state to play for UT. If the other kids in-state would come and play with him like Jamont, Willie Kemp, Pierre Niles, and a few others they would win as many SEC Championships as they wanted, and go very deep into the tournament.

thumb

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though I won't argue that BrandAn ( spelled wrong on thread title ) could benefit from a year or two in college, the option for him to jump to the NBA will be there ( barring injury or other unforeseen circumstances ). Some of you guys might not think he's ready, but experts who know are predicting he could be a top pick in 2006, if you don't believe me check out www.nbadraft.net. That is just one of the many sites who predicts Brandan will be drafted high in '06, should he choose to enter the draft.

I don't understand why Tyler is goin to UT?! I mean if I'm a high-caliber player like T-Smitty, I'm not looking at UT! I'd be looking at Kentucky, UNC, Duke, and just about any other ACC school cuz those schools get the most publicity. At UT the best he will get is a Sat. game on UPN!

I don't personally think Wright is ready for the NBA. He definitely could use some added muscle. But I do agree, if they said I would be making millions next year, you better believe I would have a pen in my hands ready to sign on that dotted line. If he did go to college he, like the birdman, needs to play for a big time bball school or in one of the conferences that gets a lot of NATIONAL exposure.

Exactly GCHS05, the Dukes and North Carolinas of the world weren't big until a few exceptional athletes decided to go there. With Tyler going to UT, the Vols gain a ton of recruiting power! He has gone into this year with the mind set of building his team around him! Read the interviews. He constantly says, "I'm still working on Jamont, Willie Kemp, and (the guy from Leeds that I can't think of his name)." With as much in-state talent as there is this year (and for the next several years), Tennessee could build a pretty incredible program!

As for Tyler getting national attention, if you're good enough the scouts and media will find you! Steve McNair played at Alcorn State. Several NBA players come from prep schools because their grades aren't good enough to even go to college! Attention won't be Tyler's problem, at all! I, personally, can't wait to have a better reason to go to Thompson Boling than watching Brittany Jackson!

LEBRON WHO?

Edited by willyp6

Brandan Wright is one of the high school players in country without a doubt but the kid is not ready for the NBA. If he cannnot hold his own at the high school level how in the world will he be able to guard the big boys in the NBA. I mean Shaq could eat the kid if he wanted to. I think he needs to go college for a couple of years and get stronger. He will definitely play in NBA one day but now is not the time.

thumb

Even though I wasn't dazzled in the only time I saw Mr. Wright play, I DO believe the above statement is taking it too far....I mean who doesn't Shaq dominate? As I said on another thread, Wright eventually will not play a 5, so comparing him to Shaq isn't fair...Why not compare him to Wilt and Russell while you're at it? Who knows, he may go NBA sooner or later, but because his size puts him in at a small 4 or even a 3, his ball handling needs a couple of good college seasons to develop. Hopefully, he won't be one of the ones who goes in out of HS and two years later he's playing in Spain or Croatia. I am impressed with the point of release of his jumper...hard for anyone to block, NBA, ACC or wherever.

But Man! I mean a chance to play at Duke! I hope he has plenty of good people around him helping him be wise. Unless he suffers a big injury, which could happen regardless of his choices, he will only be better a few years down the road.

Actually, puddin' head, I don't think hercules was comparing Wright to Shaq, but rather that Brandan is not ready to play with the caliber of players that are in the NBA, nor is he strong enough! I do, however, believe that if Wright decides to forego college for the pros, that he will become "one of those players" that you mentioned!

As a fan, I would be just as excited as the next guy about seeing him be a lottery pick, but, money aside, I don't see how he could possibly be successful at his size! Put him in the weight room and on the court with some men his size for a couple of years, and I think we could compare him to the Tim Duncan's of the world!

You guys act like he isn't going to make any money if decides to go to college for a few years! Remember, he and his friend Tyler Smith are going to be making more money than most will ever dream about! Give them a chance to be as good as they can possibly be before they make that big transition!

LEBRON WHO?

Edited by willyp6

i personally would like to see brandan go to duke for a couple years i mean look how coach k helped mold luol deng into a top star in the league and i still say loul needed another year but 2 years of college can only help this kid's hopes in becoming a bigtime nba star lebron's success probably makes him think he should go now but i say with two years of college he could come into the league a great player instead of just decent

if wright doesnt add some bulk fast, he wont make it in the nba, he is a junior, but he definately needs to be stonger if he hopes to go pro after next season-well see what he does next season for BA...unc could use him in the '06-'07 season with mccants, may, felton leaving that year, my advice: go to unc. the nba can wait.

if wright doesnt add some bulk fast, he wont make it in the nba, he is a junior, but he definately needs to be stonger if he hopes to go pro after next season-well see what he does next season for BA...unc could use him in the '06-'07 season with mccants, may, felton leaving that year, my advice: go to unc. the nba can wait.

825574314[/snapback]

Teams typically draft players with tremendous upside. One look at nbadraft.net's 2006 draft projections indicates that the NBA considers Wright to have that kind of potential. The scouts don't know everything, but they typically know more than you or I. You're certainly right, though -- he needs to bulk up.

2006 NBA Draft Projections

A couple excerpts...

"His wingspan is unparalleled in the game of basketball."

"He has just tremendous potential."

"Truly a freak of nature in terms of athletic ability, agility and mobility, he simple has the ability to do anything and everything on the basketball court that he wants to do."

Edited by WesVols