L.C. beats Trenton

LakeCountyFan142311

Its sad to see that Doaks chances of Mr. Basketball have been thrown out the door, because of this bizarre incident.

That is probably an accurate statement, but the kid did it to him self. I know he is a great athlete, but by acting like your on a playground doesn't cut it in the real world. The NBA has trickled down into the high school/junior high ranks and it is disgusting to watch those kind of antics. He threw down 6 dunks in Greenfield, all legally, but he also threw one down about 3 seconds after this whistle. But I agree with the earlier post, educators/coaches that tolerate that sort of behavior also have to live with the beasts that they create. thumb SportradioTN, that was a joke about Tinkle not being biased. Paul is more biased than any other announcer that I have ever heard. He says "we", when Westview plays Gleason, another county team. I appreciate the job you do and the job that Paul does.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see......97.7 is located in TRENTON.......they cover TRENTON and the other Gibson County schools week in and week out.......they are supported by businesses in TRENTON and GIBSON COUNTY.......and you don't understand why they seem to favor our teams?????? HEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR SIGN!!!!!!!! .You guys do a great job week in and week out covering sports for GIBSON COUNTY teams. I appreciate your interpretation of the dynamics of the game that we at home can't judge. You guys who don't like it - get your own radio station. Roll Tide! And best of luck to the rest of our neighbors in GIBSON COUNTY!

I live in Halls and listen to 97.7 and 101.3 all the time. I like listening to hear what other schools are doing, plus from time-to-time they do an occassional Halls game that I can listen to when I can't make a road trip. Tinkle and 101.3 actually came to Halls at the end of the season to do the Greenfield/Halls game.

I don't see a problem with them being "biased" because they are actually covering their own base schools. They are suppose to show a little "bias" because they are getting paid by sponsors to cover those schools. Trenton radio actually does a great job of telling the story. They weren't crying about last night's game, only telling what he actually saw. Robin didn't say anything like "we got got cheated" or "these refs are horrible". He was pretty much reporting what he saw, good or bad.

I'm giving myself away, but I do the PA at Halls and yes, I am biased. I give credit for made baskets by the other team, but not quite the umph as I would for when Demarcus or Kyra hit a shot.

I'm looking forward to both of tomorrow's games. They should be great to watch.

Last night's game was a disgrace. None of you that talk about Coach Sisco have ever had a conversation with him. If you would ever just talk to him you would know that he does care about his players and that he does all he can. Today he said that you couldn't have a conversation with a person 10 feet away from you then how could a referee hear Doaks with his back turned to him. Sisco has respect for Doaks because Doaks respects him. And 97.7 being bias, that is crazy, he is just telling the truth. Lake County needs to get over themselves and start acting with class and alittle morality. Trenton's parents and school officials would never let us treat the opposing team like that. Whenever we go to Lake County you feel like you are in a hostile environment. Why do you want to put people in an uncomfortable position? Trenton needs to get there act together and pull together for the game Saturday. Loosing one player shouldn't make us Loose everything. Come on guys... Roll Tide!

Last night's game was a disgrace. None of you that talk about Coach Sisco have ever had a conversation with him. If you would ever just talk to him you would know that he does care about his players and that he does all he can. Today he said that you couldn't have a conversation with a person 10 feet away from you then how could a referee hear Doaks with his back turned to him. Sisco has respect for Doaks because Doaks respects him. And 97.7 being bias, that is crazy, he is just telling the truth. Lake County needs to get over themselves and start acting with class and alittle morality. Trenton's parents and school officials would never let us treat the opposing team like that. Whenever we go to Lake County you feel like you are in a hostile environment. Why do you want to put people in an uncomfortable position? Trenton needs to get there act together and pull together for the game Saturday. Loosing one player shouldn't make us Loose everything. Come on guys... Roll Tide!

825573015[/snapback]

I've had plenty of conversations with Sisco. He taught at Lake County for two years, and I had him for a class. So I know what Sisco is like. He's just a wee bit crazy.

And as for Trenton's parents and school officials not letting them treat opposing teams like that, just refer to my earlier post about Trenton students spitting on Lake County cheerleaders from the railing last year and the police and school administration not doing anything about it.

Trenton Peabody's Coach Sisco is at it again. Trenton has more talent than Lake Co. But he doesn't allow his players to play freely. It looks like Peabody players and the fans are feed up. The reason Doaks doesn't respect the refs is cause Coach Sisco doesn't respect the refs.It is time for a change in tide land.

825573035[/snapback]

I really have no idea what you are talking about..I have said several times this year that Trenton has a good team..Doakes is a great player but Trenton has no one else on their team that could start for Lake Co...Tony Tyler is too quick for Ramsey,Sep Valentine and Jay Warlick are a lot quicker and better ball handlers than Fields or your other guard and Springer outquicked the much taller Partee all night...It was so bad that Partee didn't play but about a quarter..And if Jamar Mays is hitting from outside,Trenton has nobody that could shoot with him..Without Doakes ,Trenton is an average team as if you noticed,the lead went from about 12 to 23 in about 3 minutes...Look at all the same teams that Lake Co and Trenton both have played..Dresden,Gibson Co,Halls,etc..Lake Co has beaten just about every team by a lot margin except for 2 games..And Lake Co has beaten Trenton..3times,3times,3times..You must have bumped your head against something..You may get those people in Trenton to believe that,but I work with Demarcus Patrick's Dad along with several other people from Halls and all of them thinks Lake Co has the best team..But then again,I'm still sure all those pollsters from Middle and East Tenn will listen to Gomab or because of Doakes and the height that Trenton still think Trenton is better....Again,Lake Co has only lost to 3 Tenn teams..They have beaten Halls badly two times,Dresden very bad twice,Middleton,S.Fulton twice,Trenton 3 times...I'm not saying any of these teams can't beat them but for the last two weeks Lake Co has been playing very good basketball..About 2 months ago,I said this team has a lot of talent but wasn't playing well...Lake Co is as deep as any team in Single A ,and if they are hitting their 3's can beat any Single A team!

Go Halls, is all I have to say!  I'm going to see my girls play tonight at LC and I am Not looking forward to going back into a still-steaming environment.  I told my daughter this morning that we should go to Saturday's game and after the PEabody game, we should put a "Halls" sign over our "Peabody" shirts to help yall out.  Here's a point to ponder that no one else has brought up:  Under TSSAA bylaws substitutes or spectators who leave their designated area during a game may result in a fine($250.00 minimum) at the least. - does the classsless debaucle they displayed AFTER the game count?????  Not allowing our players to their locker room????/?  Taunting them all the way?  Good grief.  As for PEabody, we'll take our medicine and go on.  I understand that when the second tech was called, Doaks had his back to the officials and was jumping up and down in fron of Sisco questioning the previous tech. ??  If so maybe an appeal is due - although unlikely to be granted.

825572224[/snapback]

I told Demarcus Patrick's Dad that Halls would probably be on the same side as Trenton because Lake Co is playing Halls and because of the scene from last night..Halls will need all the support you can give them...But,seriously..I don't condone what happened last night..Trenton's dressing room was at the same end that the Lake Co fans leave to go out the gym..My son was going out that door,he's 12 and he told me a guy from Lake Co was saying to Partee..you su-k and may have even bumped him..My son said Partee took a swing at someone and came close to him...Partee has too realize that he can't go in the stands after someone also..Do you realize what would have happened if he wasn;t held back and went in the Lake Co stands..It would have been ugly and I doubt very seriously if Lake Co would have had enough officers to have handled the melee that could have developed without spraying someone and a lot of injuries..As for the 2nd tech..Doakes was walking off the court and said something while passing the official and the official lifted his arms over his head immediately for him to leave the playing arena...Then Doakes went to the Trenton bench and looked at Cicso and gave him the what did I do look...Also,at the end of the game..Partee was sitting on the end of the bench and Cisco had to holler at him twice to get up and shake hands..So,I'm not so sure Partee wasn't in the right frame of mind to also be looking for a confrontation...He was mad about being benched about the whole game..Plus,he has been suspended already this year,the Trenton people know what he did,so I'm not so sure he isn't someone that was already in a bad mood and was wanting a little trouble on his own!Cisco should suspend him for his antics...Again,the Lake Co fan was wrong but Partee was also...

i agree woth alot of things misters post.lake county is very deep and very athletic.i think they do a very good job of handling the ball and get after you defensively.they were avble to drive more instead of just shoot from the outside.trenton is loaded as well but i think lake county wins those three games mainly becuse they do more things well better then trenton does.but number 21 for trenton i think was a spark.he did make some mistakes but i think he will be fine overall.as far as the technical being called,i saw two officials acted as if they werent going to call anything but in my mind maybe it should have and the official on the other side of the floor decided to call it at the right time.maybe doaks was warned earlier in the game and that played in the decision of the official deciding the make the call.i know if a guy has been warned and he repeats it it makes since to call it.when doaks was upset i was on the lake county side wondering if someone would try to hold back doaks from getting thrown out because sometimes a player might not know how others can respond rather quickly.a person thrown out of a gam at this time of year is crucial in seeding and as well as going home earlier possibly.but trenton is loaded with talented players and will be tested the next few games without doaks in the lineup if its two game suspension.i was also watching the police come over to the tyrenton side just before the game to help make sure the trenton team can leave orderly without any problems.im not sure why coach cisco got upset about specificaly but he was upset at one particular person in the stands and a trenton player seemed to get upset about it and seemed to act as if he was taking up for his coach.im not sure what exactly went on there but that when the police got ahold of one player for trenton to pull him aside and prevent other trouble or possibly injury.i thought it might hqave been a good idea for nobody come ot of the bleachers or anything until the players were able to get to the dressing room.i think the police were attempting to make sure there wasnt anymore troubler then what occured.but by being there more bad things could have happened.when i sww the police coming i decided to just stay right where i am and not go anywhere.i was just hoping nothing else bad would happen but there were several techincals called in the game for both teams and anyone there could sense things could get worse based upon what happen late on a questionable call as far as a foul called.but that was a judgement call and each team has to live on it regardless if its right or not.i know deep down thaqt cooler heads always prevails.sometimes we loose it and kaos can happen.hopefully everyone involved react positively longterm and can learn what other things that can be done to prevent this from happening again.first,if an official warns a player,let the coach know as well.then the coach let the player know what needs to be done and he has been warned.if he still does it,then he has to be assest the penalty.maybe thats why the techincal was called.a player shouldnt get upset if the penalty is assest because thats the rule that has to be inforced.we may not like the idea that its been inforced but an official has to make the call and to take charge.

i agree woth alot of things misters post.lake county is very deep and very athletic.i think they do a very good job of handling the ball and get after you defensively.they were avble to drive more instead of just shoot from the outside.trenton is loaded as well but i think lake county wins those three games mainly becuse they do more things well better then trenton does.but number 21 for trenton i think was a spark.he did make some mistakes but i think he will be fine overall.as far as the technical being called,i saw two officials acted as if they werent going to call anything but in my mind maybe it should have and the official on the other side of the floor decided to call it at the right time.maybe doaks was warned earlier in the game and that played in the decision of the official deciding the make the call.i know if a guy has been warned and he repeats it it makes since to call it.when doaks was upset i was on the lake county side wondering if someone would try to hold back doaks from getting thrown out because sometimes a player might not know how others can respond rather quickly.a person thrown out of a gam at this time of year is crucial in seeding  and as well as going home earlier possibly.but trenton is loaded with talented players and will be tested the next few games without doaks in the lineup if its two game suspension.i was also watching the police come over to the tyrenton side just before the game to help make sure the trenton team can leave orderly without any problems.im not sure why coach cisco got upset about specificaly but he was upset at one particular person in the stands and a trenton player seemed to get upset about it and seemed to act as if he was taking up for his coach.im not sure what exactly went on there but that when the police got ahold of one player for trenton to pull him aside and prevent other trouble or possibly injury.i thought it might hqave been a good idea for nobody come ot of the bleachers or anything until the players  were able to get to the dressing room.i think the police were attempting to make sure there wasnt anymore troubler then what occured.but by being there more bad things could have happened.when i sww the police coming i decided to just stay right where i am and not go anywhere.i was just hoping nothing else bad would happen but there were several techincals called in the game for both teams and anyone there could sense things could get worse based upon what happen late on a questionable call as far as a foul called.but that was a judgement call and each team has to live on it regardless if its right or not.i know deep down thaqt cooler heads always prevails.sometimes we loose it and kaos can happen.hopefully everyone involved react positively longterm and can learn what other things that can be done to prevent this from happening again.first,if an official warns a player,let the coach know as well.then the coach let the player know what needs to be done and he has been warned.if he still does it,then he has to be assest the penalty.maybe thats why the techincal was called.a player shouldnt get upset if the penalty is assest because thats the rule that has to be inforced.we may not like the idea that its been inforced but an official has to make the call and to take charge.

825573347[/snapback]

Bball fever..you are right..I didn't know Cisco was angered at a fan but thankfully Partee didn't make it to the stands..By the way,Halls is my second favorite team..I work with Demarcus's Dad and a lot of Halls'best fans...And I love talking to Lady K...I just wish she would watch where she goes because she has a habit of bumping her head and talking irrational sometimes...I would love to see Lake Co and Halls both in the Boro!

Let's see......97.7 is located in TRENTON.......they cover TRENTON and the other Gibson County schools week in and week out.......they are supported by businesses in TRENTON and GIBSON COUNTY.......and you don't understand why they seem to favor our teams?????? HEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR SIGN!!!!!!!!  .You guys do a great job week in and week out covering sports for GIBSON COUNTY teams.  I appreciate your interpretation of the dynamics of the game that we at home can't judge.  You guys who don't like it - get your own radio station.  Roll Tide!  And best of luck to the rest of our neighbors in GIBSON COUNTY!

825572802[/snapback]

Thanks and great Bil Engval reference! :D

I live in Halls and listen to 97.7 and 101.3 all the time.  I like listening to hear what other schools are doing, plus from time-to-time they do an occassional Halls game that I can listen to when I can't make a road trip.  Tinkle and 101.3 actually came to Halls at the end of the season to do the Greenfield/Halls game.

I don't see a problem with them being "biased" because they are actually covering their own base schools.  They are suppose to show a little "bias" because they are getting paid by sponsors to cover those schools.  Trenton radio actually does a great job of telling the story.  They weren't crying about last night's game, only telling what he actually saw.  Robin didn't say anything like "we got got cheated" or "these refs are horrible".  He was pretty much reporting what he saw, good or bad.

I'm giving myself away, but I do the PA at Halls and yes, I am biased.  I give credit for made baskets by the other team, but not quite the umph as I would for when Demarcus or Kyra hit a shot.

I'm looking forward to both of tomorrow's games.  They should be great to watch.

825572886[/snapback]

Thanks for the compliments tigertiger!