USJ recruiting rumors?

BrettDawson

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hearing for a very reliable source that a member of the USJ baseball staff has bee suspended for recruiting violations.  Is this true?  Trying to get some independent verification.

825572324[/snapback]

Be sure you have facts before posting fellas. Since I don't live anywhere near Jackson, someone else needs to keep an eye on this.

I don't know if it is against the rules or not but I talked to one of the players parents and it looks like Coach Dyer was driving players home. So does alot of Coaches across the state. And also a problem with trying to get some players from other schools. So does all of the private schools. I don't think anything will come of this from the T$$AA.

My "VERY INFORMED" source told me that it was in fact the USJ head coach driving a player to and from school. This player lives near Parsons and goes to USJ. This player's brother played at Lexington. This coach was told to stop and didn't. My source didn't know if the TSSAA had been involved as of yet, but I'm sure they will be now. Said the coach was suspended but didn't know for how long. These are the facts.

Who told him to stop--the school??  Doesn't sound like driving a kid to school is a recruiting violation, he is already in school.

825579071[/snapback]

Don't know who, if anyone told the coach to stop. Why would he have to stop, if there was no violation? Can anyone decide who rides with who, at random?

This doesn't sound fair to me!

Riding back and forth from Lexington will be Ok.  Were it comes to a problem is if the Coach drove the Player futher than his own driveway.  If the Coach didn't do anything wrong then why did the school suspend him?  Slap the hand before someone did something out of the way.

825579312[/snapback]

From what I hear, the coach was picking the student up on his way to Jackson. Not going out of his way at all. If other students are allowed to car pool, why is this a problem?

Edited by lifesapitch