USJ recruiting rumors?

BrettDawson

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ain't angry>you, just like acmoney, make assumptions you have no business making.

How do i have no business making assumptions??...thats what this website is for...to talk about what goes on in the world of high school sports..you might as well tell me to not make any more posts on coacht....what am i supposed to believe when the Jackson Sun publishes a story that is supposed to be true, and then you get on here and say its not...who am i gonna believe?...i accept your apology for the name calling but im not so sure i understand how i have "no business" making assumptions????, and by the way, i never assumed you were stupid..i never indicated you were anything less than intelligent human being, i merely stated the fact that you were ACTING childish and stupid....

How do i have no business making assumptions??...thats what this website is for...to talk about what goes on in the world of high school sports..you might as well tell me to not make any more posts on coacht....what am i supposed to believe when the Jackson Sun publishes a story that is supposed to be true, and then you get on here and say its not...who am i gonna believe?...i accept your apology for the name calling but im not so sure i understand how i have "no business" making assumptions????, and by the way, i never assumed you were stupid..i never indicated you were anything less than intelligent human being, i merely stated the fact that you were ACTING childish and stupid....

825591901[/snapback]

I said you made assumptions on the coach being arrogant. As far as the Sun goes, they printed what they were told but it wasn't the whole story, from what was printed, it did sound like someone could have thought they were better than the rule. Well, anyway, the whole situation got out of hand from the public eye's point of view. Like you, I made my opinion known and undoubtedly, quite a few of you gentlemen didn't like what I had to say. The situation is over, Coach Dyer is back on the field with his team. We all can get ready to watch some good ball games this year with all the area teams. If your a coach or a ballplayer, good luck with your season. thumb

Their a private school aren't they. They all recruit but nothing will every be done about it. <_<

825592390[/snapback]

Bottomline, I challenge you to go to your local School Board office and obtain a list of all the student/athletes in your system that cross set school zone lines to attend various schools in your Discrict(assumes you don't live in a one high school county). I'll bet a week's pay that you will find more in your County system (and probably more in every school in your County) than we have at USJ. It is my opinion that all the student/athletes that cross set Public School zones are recruits. Find out and tell the truth.

If you take my bet I'll provide you a P.O. Box to which you may mail your week's pay check.

Edited by necvol

Bottomline, I challenge you to go to your local School Board office and obtain a list of all the student/athletes in your system that cross set school zone  lines to attend various schools in your Discrict(assumes you don't live in a one high school county). I'll bet a week's pay that you will find more in your County system (and probably more in every school in your County) than we have at USJ. It is my opinion that all the student/athletes that cross set Public School zones are recruits. Find out and tell the truth.

If you take my bet I'll provide you a P.O. Box to which you may mail your week's pay check.

825592507[/snapback]

All kids, especially atheletes are going to go where they and their parents think is the best place for them that they can go. It has nothing to do with recruiting, just decision (often a tough decision) the child and parents have to make.

Went to the Bolivar/Liberty basketball game and big Wayne Chism (who played for South Side last year) had a monster game to help defeat Liberty. There was much uproar about "recruiting" of Wayne. The fact is he wanted to go to Bolivar because SS was losing a lot and he wanted a chance to win the state Championship and thought Bolivar was his best shot. So he found a way to legally attend Bolivar and be eligible. Bolivar I am sure was thrilled and SS distraught, but they are not guilty of recruiting.

First of all the school board in any system is not going to tell you that recruiting is going on get in the real world and open your eyes necvol.It happens every where and I beat you if the truth was really told it happend at USJ. So open your eyes B)

825597874[/snapback]

I can tell you first hand, that in this situation, there was no recruiting taking place. The parents in this situation made the choice to send their son to USJ because it was best for the student. As for you, you can go ahead and think what you want ( because you will anyway) but the truth is the truth. Like it or not! :rolleyes:

Okay i beat what happend was this kid was the best player on a team USJ was going to have to play. And just so happend he got a so called scholarship from USJ . Bet that's what happend

825600113[/snapback]

This kid started playing for USJ in the 8th grade. What team could he have played for, that would have been USJ's competition? :( Private schools do not and cannot offer scholarships to athletes.

everyone on this board knows that usj has been accused of recruiting in the past , so if there was any inclination that any accusations could have been made in this situation then the coach  shouldnt have been doing it...he should have known better and he should have known that if ppl found out that they would make a big deal about it; whatever the situation...whats the most extreme thing the tssaa could do?....i would like to know that...

825580676[/snapback]

it is true their coach has been suspended untill they can straighten it out