Pretender or Contender

BC#2

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Contenders:

Hunter's lane-All around greatness, enough said.

Beech-I cannot believe you would not putting beech's name on the list. You put wilson central...who we beat once and took down to the wire on a controversy (thats another topic). One word describes this bunch- Fundamentals

Franklin-Nearly perfect season, come on gotta put em there.

Hillsboro-If they can have stellar nights against Lane or Franklin or both if necessary, then they have a legit shot.

Jackson North Side- My personal pick to win it all, they are one talented bunch and a well coached one as well. The Delk boys will reak havick on anyone they play.

Pretenders:

Siegel- Dropping games to unworthy opponents shows me that they will drop out early in the playoffs.

Science Hill- Unless they can pick up some huge blowout victories early in the playoffs, they wont be able to prove to me that they can go the distance.

Oakland- blown out by 23 by hunters lane, another loss to siegel, these boys are done.

I understand why most people are picking Siegel to bomb out early...but don't be surprised at all if they make a run esp if they win their district tourney. All of their losses by less than 7 points all be it to less than stellar competition but most of their losses have been when they are just going through the motions not really focused....They know they cant afford another loss the rest of the way and the have stepped up in all the big games this year and I expect them to continue to do so.

From 9AAA

Beech

Wilson Central

LaVergne makes me fret a little. I think if they don't blow it in the subdistrict game against a lesser opponent (MTJ or HEN?) that LaVergne is the type of team that can take it up a notch against a higher rated team (just ask Wilson Central, Siegel, Oakland). LaVergne wants to do to us this year like we did to them last year, and that is to upset them in the regional. No matter what though, I do not see them getting past a Hunters Lane and/or Franklin team in the Elite 8.

Edited by Wilson Central Dogg

why would u want sh to blowout some teams to show they can progress in the tourney? a 1 point win is as good as a 50 point win. i just gotta know they can win. id rather be a team that has alot of close wins then alot of blowouts. this way they know how it is to be in a close game and knows how to react.

i wouldnt call them a contender though. they are riding the fence.