Birdman Headed To The McDonald's

willyp6

Tyler Smith recieved a plaque, before the game tonight, announcing that he had been chosen to play in the McDonald's All-American game! His jersey was also retired to the rafters. I'm sure wneely will be able to give a few more details. I think this just caps off a high school career that many tried to say he was not good enough to have! Speaking of, where are all those guys that said he wouldn't be selected??

I'm going to try to make it to south bend to take in the festivities. Hopefully Tyler will showcase his jumping ability in front of a national audience in the dunk contest! I have a feeling that not many will be able to hop with him!

Congratulations T. Smith!

LEBRON WHO?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Tyler Smith himself. I know this is a great personal accomplishment for him. It really does give him the recognition that he deserves on a national level. All the hardwork that he put in everyday during practice and during the off-season has paid off. I am glad he worked hard this summer to get where he is at today. Also, he gets to showcase his talent on national television and I am sure he got something to prove then as well. Hopefully, as willyp6 said, we will get to see how his jumping and athletic abilities compare to the rest of the nation in the dunk contest. Once again congrats T-MAC on a wonderful high school career and I know it will carry over into the next level.

I, too, would like to know if JP and/or Jamont were selected! I'd also like to know where all of you haters who said T. Smith wasn't going to be going to South Bend are! You guys weRe pretty quick to talk earlier. Just wondering where you are now!

LEBRON WHO?

Edited by willyp6

hey willy,

i am not trying to dispute what you said; however, are you positive it was the actual team. i knew he was in final 40. My brother was at the game and he thought that they just announced this fact (Tyler being nominated), he did not hear them say he was actually on the final squad.

I am pretty sure the players have been told though the general public won't find out until later this month.

If you could just clarify why you think he is on the final team I would appreciate it. And I hope he is; but, either way it is a great honor jst to be in the final 40.