Birdman Headed To The McDonald's

willyp6

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smith is classified as a small forward and should have no problem being a backup in that position on the McDonald's team due to all of the hype (all earned) that surrounds him at his position. Prince however is going up against...Louis Williams, Jamont Gordon, Mike Mercer, Monta Ellis, etc... To me, Prince has the least chance of making this team, but I could be wrong.

First off, congrats to T. Smith for being nominated. Hopefully, he will be honored as a member of the McDonalds All-American team. Tyler, keep playing hard like its your last possession. You are a tremendous player and I know you can turn that Tennessee program around. I had fun playing against you and our team had fun playing against you. Hopefully, we can take that enthusiasm of playing you into the district tourney. Stay in those books, I know your dad is on top of you about that. Way to represent Giles County and TENNESSEE. Keep your head high and I'll be lookin for you in UT.

J.Richardson

#10-Maplewood High School.

One more thing, Torye and Jimmy said whatup.

Great honor for this young man. Too bad he is going to the Vools and burning 3 or 4 years of college ball. I just watched Tn. hand the game to Ole Miss. That was about as poor as it gets in the final seconds watching that team trying to get a shot off to win the game. All they needed was a "2" and Ole Miss changed their defense from a man to zone and those kids didn't have a clue. Guess ole Buzzzzzzz didn't have a clue either. Poor coaching is all one can say.

Congratulations Willyp you talked to soon the announcements will be made on

Feb 23rd. But Tyler's a great talent and deserves all the accoclades he gets. However the best player in the state of Tennessee resides at White Station High School by the name of J.P. Prince. Look for J.P. to light it up the bigger the postseason. As the lights get brighter so will Prince's game.

OOOH....OOOOH...Just like he did against Fairley when his team lost. That is a great way to head into the post season. You talk about J.P. being the best player in the state, but you have nothing to back it up. Don't say because Unapproved Website says so. Those rankings have not been updated in who knows how long. Is he leading Memphis Area teams in scoring...Tyler Smith is leading the mid-state (26.4 ppg). Has he went head to head with the best junior two times this year and proved both times that he is the best of the senior class? Has he been nominated for Mr. Basketball for 3 straight years? Give us reasons why he should be the best senior in TN. Please dont say that he's gotten 3 Gold Balls. We are talking about individual accolades...we all know that J.P. played on the best team in TN for 3 years.

Anyone got any stats on J.P.

Here are Tylers stats for the regular season...

PPG 26.4 (leading Mid-State...ahead of some very good players...Brandan Wright for one)

3pm 29 (averaging 1.9 per game.) not bad for a 6'6 small forward

Nominated for Mr. Basketball for the 3rd time

No info on rebounds or assist...I will keep checking or if someone else would be so kind as to post them.