Class AAA - REGION 3

GradfromtheNest

Looks to me like in the wake of all that has happend this past week the Region Brackets will look like this.

Top Side of the Bracket

District 5 #1 - Bradley vs. District 6 #4 Soddy Daisy

District 6 #2 - Brainerd vs. District 5 #3 Cleveland

Bottom Side of the Bracket

District 6 #1 - Ooltewah vs. District 5 #4 McMinn County

District 5 #2 - Cumberland County vs. District 6 #3 Red Bank

I feel that this is what the brackets will look like, although I think you could switch Red Bank and Soddy Daisy because I think that will be a close game, and I am not sure who will take that one. What does everyone think?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks to me like in the wake of all that has happend this past week the Region Brackets will look like this.

Top Side of the Bracket

District 5 #1 - Bradley vs. District 6 #4 Soddy Daisy

District 6 #2 - Brainerd vs. District 5 #3 Cleveland

Bottom Side of the Bracket

District 6 #1 - Ooltewah vs. District 5 #4 McMinn County

District 5 #2 - Cumberland County vs. District 6 #3 Red Bank

I feel that this is what the brackets will look like, although I think you could switch Red Bank and Soddy Daisy because I think that will be a close game, and I am not sure who will take that one. What does everyone think?

825583515[/snapback]

Although Ooltewah could and probably should win tnight, I'm stopping short of putting them as the #1 out of this district. I've got to wait and see it tonight. If it does turn out that way, that top half of the bracket is tough!

Ok, I think everything is in place as GoldenFlake described it. I think this will definitely be an exciting tournament, as both district tournaments to get here have been. Many questions still loom large: Can Ooltewah string together some more wins? Can Cleveland put together another good game if/when they meet Bradley? How well do the 6AAA teams stack up against the 5AAA teams? I think Ooltewah and Brainerd can play with Cleveland and Bradley, but it will be tough regardless. I think we're going to see some upsets, though.

But, again, it really does put a damper on things to think that to watch the games all of us Chattanooga folk have to drive two hours both ways.

Soddy beat red bank pretty decisivly in the consolation game last night, personally i think they should have been playing ooltewah but the owls looked very good and soddy probably would have lost but i think they can beat cumberland they went 1-1 with them this season but cumberland is a lot better at home than on the road.

For those of you not happy about the drive consider this, Cumberland Co has to make that drive several times every season. I don't think its too much to ask for everyone else to have to drive once every 8 years. Also, CCHS has one of the nicest facilities around and wants to show it off. The drive is only about an hour and a half with the new roads. Hope to see everyone next week on the mountain, it should be a great tournament.

For those of you not happy about the drive consider this, Cumberland Co has to make that drive several times every season.  I don't think its too much to ask for everyone else to have to drive once every 8 years.  Also, CCHS has one of the nicest facilities around and wants to show it off.  The drive is only about an hour and a half with the new roads.  Hope to see everyone next week on the mountain, it should be a great tournament.

825587561[/snapback]

I agree with this...I think every team should have the luxury of hosting the tourney, and as I said earlier, we should all just be happy to still be playing. It's really more the fans than the teams complaining!

If i'm not mistaken do we not have Cleveland, Bradley, Brainerd all on the same side of the bracket, meaning only one of these teams can make it to the finals.  Could this be setting the scene for some Ron SHoemate magic on the other side?

825587648[/snapback]

Lets hope so, they've beaten cumerland already this season and i know they can beat ooltewah as well....