Congratulations BRADLEY Central!

DD4tnvols

thumb Congratulations to the Bradley wrestling team! Great job by the entire team to accumulate the points for the title. Congrats to Coach Laxton, Smith & Floyd. Way to go Travis for 1st! Hang in there Spain & Randolph, you still got 2 more years to go. Fuller,Emsinger,Grady,Crisp,Culbertson - your leadership, work ethic and heart help pull this underdog team to the title.

Mang,Sivley,Johnson,Heffington,Withrow- you guys were awesome and you still have more years for your chance again at 1st. Many across the state counted you guys out????? However, you proved them wrong!

:unsure:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on a well fought battle, Bears. Congrats to You... sly, and a great choice of Steve's to take on this great challenge on,,, in Chad Laxton, Smith and crew. Steve, you certainly didn't leave the cupboard bare did you? Next season will be a great one for your flurishing young talent.

Franklin you did well with fewer qualifiers from region and a few breaks. Congrats to Joel Konz and younger brother Ryan against OW, Coleman. Congrats to Mike Ortiz and Kelly Felix.

Thanks Bond Davis for four great years of outstanding wrestling. You're a great champ in my book!! And what class did the BC fans show for not cheering at Bond's loss tonight. I really noticed that while in the midst of this battle.

Congrats to Jim, Gordon and also, John of ND as well!!

It was fun!!!

And more to come.

soms :(

I also noticed the Bradley fans not cheering when Bond Davis lost.  However, they did cheer for Danny Coleman when he wrestled Konz.  Why did the Clarkesville fans cheer when Bradley's 103 and 152 got no control pinned?  Congratulations to all the State Champions.

825574474[/snapback]

When you have won 4, now 5, championships in a row ........... people cheer against you.

:( And yes we are proud to be STATE CHAMPION BRADLEY BEARS!! :(

Way to go guys! You stepped up to the challenge and continued the winning tradition.

And to the fans at Bradley, you showed a lot of class acknowledging all the STATE CHAMPS!

CONGRATS ALL AROUND!!

Edited by 911

I think clarksville was trying to hold the bold prediction made by the once again anti bradley fan Jeff Jordan. i believe he said in the chattanooga times that the bradley bears would fall on the second day to franklin because bradley has a good team but not stars like franklin. maybe he should coach in the NBA. Never the less he was confronted and laughed at by a bradley coach after winning the state championship again. Cant wait till next year!!!!! congrats bears

Let me get something off the Old Chest. I personally think of the "anti-Bradley" cheering as putting fuel on the fire. We've (yes, we) have put up with it for years. We're very used to it. But it seemed this year that there was a HUGE increase in the number of "anti-bears." Clarksville has always been at the Trad. State and Team State in numbers, to cheer against the Bears. Although it has been going on for years, the signs and gesture (from both sides) were a little rough. At the finals, this past weekend, Clarksville and Collierville fans alike were taking off shirts, flipping people off, and directly pointing out Bradley fans in the crowd. This is somewhat disturbing when I look into the Bradley crowd and they looked pretty composed to say the least. I think for the most part Bradley doesn't want any part in the situation. Personally, the loses at 103 and 152 were very, very hard because those two kids that lost were two very dedicated wrestlers with very promising futures. But Bradley fans still cheered for the winning wrestler.

Another point was the fact that Bradley fans cheered for Danny Coleman after his win. Honestly, I stood an applauded Danny because he's a great wrestler. Although he is from our rival school, this is a state championship. Something he worked so hard for and I felt like he deserved his "yellow medal." Danny is a good kid, with a great heart a good work ethic. And was very deserving of the "yellow medal" and OW.

Another point that was brought up about Bond. The fact that we, (Bradley fans) didn't applaud his lose. I think for the most part, Bradley fans feel like cheering against kids is somewhat pointless. We had NO horse in that race. Bond is a very talented wrestler. And whether he wins or not, doesn't concern us. Although there was a lot riding on the match (team points), Bradley fans for the most part don't lash out, take off shirts, and jump up and point at people from the rivaling fan section. Ok well this is my soap box for this thread. Just a couple of thoughts on the Tourny. Hope everyone enjoyed the action. Good luck next year to all the returners.

Bradley congrats on another outstanding show at the big show. The dynasty continues to roll on and you are to be commended for your committment to excellence. To the two young guys that lost real heartbreakers keep your heads up as I do not believe it was your last chance for the big Gold, you just had a very unlucky thing happen toyou as happens across all sports sometimes. Bradley coaches you did a great job as almost everyone had your program next to death when the year started.

I think clarksville was trying to hold the bold prediction made by the once again anti bradley fan Jeff Jordan.  i believe he said in the chattanooga times that the bradley bears would fall on the second day to franklin because bradley has a good team but not stars like franklin. maybe he should coach in the NBA. Never the less he was confronted and laughed at by a bradley coach after winning the state championship again. Cant wait till next year!!!!! congrats bears

825575263[/snapback]

:o Yes, congratulations to Bradley for winning..But I would have definately liked to have seen the Bradley coach laugh in Jeff Jordan's face. Jordan is a pretty intimidating man, and it would take some guts to do something like laugh in his face.