Congratulations BRADLEY Central!

DD4tnvols

Shawn Grady was not the number 1 ranked heavyweight. He was ranked throughout the year, but I don't know if he was ever number 1. When you talk about the Bradley coaches of 2000, then you are talking about Coach Logsdon. I can assure you he would have never implied it was a slam or took the victory because of a slam. I would not think Coach Laxton would either. And lets not talk about Creagan's dad or any other wrestlers parents. I thought this page was supposed to be to congratulate Bradley Central on their State Championship, not to talk about how bad they are. Just a thought. Keep up the hard work Bears.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shawn Grady was not the number 1 ranked heavyweight.  He was ranked throughout the year, but I don't know if he was ever number 1.  When you talk about the Bradley coaches of 2000, then you are talking about Coach Logsdon.  I can assure you he would have never implied it was a slam or took the victory because of a slam.  I would not think Coach Laxton would either.  And lets not talk about Creagan's dad or any other wrestlers parents.  I thought this page was supposed to be to congratulate Bradley Central on their State Championship, not to talk about how bad they are.  Just a thought.  Keep up the hard work Bears.

825581348[/snapback]

Grady was Matman's preseason #1. You can go to www.tennwrestling.com and check out his rankings throughout the year.

since we are congratulating people from bradley...i think it would be a shame if we did not congratulate creagan's dad for getting worst dressed announcer in all of human history...i am sure glad that noone told on him for raiding the conway twitty memorial museum and the AAA mullet school of hair care...i mean "all business in the front and party in the back...AM I RIGHT????!!!!! :lol:  thumb

825581139[/snapback]

You may be right , but you are wrong in attacking this guy for his looks. He seems to be a big supporter of wrestling for the state and for his son's team in particular. That he wears his hair a certain way or wears a sport jacket that does not go with the typical pin stripe suit crowd should not make it okay for you to make the personal attacks that you have.

If Mr. Creagan gets on here and makes comments that you disagree with, then blast away, but calling names and making fun for not apparent reason is less than lady like.

How about you posting your very best picture for all the other posters on this board to make their comments. Now, that would be interesting, would not it.

Any word on who did this? This is unacceptable from any collierville fan/wrestler, period. I don't care if they were cheering for Kent's victory, they know ho to act like gentlemen because Cottrell has coached them how to be gentlemen.

825580467[/snapback]

I didn't ask and won't but if Coach hears, I wouldn't be surprised if they will be taught a lenghty and sweat filled lesson in sportsmanship. :lol:

Aolisbad,first of all the kid from bradley(2000) had shoulder surgery and never wrestled again! second of all we actually watched jordans reaction when the 140lbs. got hurt and i promise you he did not make any encourage to the kid to go back on the mat.  we all saw everything and that was the frist thing that came to mind. i am not saying he said not to wrestle. but he did question many times if he was ok and wanted to continue. also think your hwt. placed in the state if iam not mistaken. i dont think he is a nobody. bradleys heaveyweight was well underweight with anyone he wrestled with that said he did messed up by locking up with bigger and stronger guys instead of using his quickness and endurance.

825581294[/snapback]

Aolisbad is right.... I have an actual tape of that match at home and he wasnt slammed, the bradley guy just walked right into a lateral toss. im sorry about his shoulder, but i promise you it was legal. adams had a veryvery nice throw. regardless, there is clearly a source for the anti-bradley feelings in clarksville. its not like hate or anything that hardcore, but as a rule, clarksville fans will almost always root against bradley. just part of the sport.

no one from bradley thought he was slamed. it was legal and there was no arguement. if you want to know the truth there is no rivalry because bradley always wins so how can that be a rivaly other than the year 2000. for the source of the anti bradley rivalry clarksville always loses to bradley in there own gym so the feelings are understandable. also why does jeff jordan goto the table at least 2x a match. the better question is why do the refs allow this to go on. he counted atleast 7x during the dual meet with bradley.

A lot of emotions are sky-high in the Bradley/Clarksville matches and many times those who are sitting in the stands( a real tough job) are berating and insulting those wrestling even though they more than likely would get their own tails whipped by most stepping on the mat.(this comes from both sides by the way). What joy it must bring the wrestler and or team who listens to those insults when they get the victory,or,more importantly get to raise the team trophy. How else do they get back at the has-beens and nobodys in the stands who think those insults and signs are cute?

My cousin got to raise the trophy at the opposition a few years back and said it was a great way to pay back those who were screaming at him.

I noticed Franklin raised the trophy to the Bradlely fans. This is not a criticism. They had knocked off the top dog and were proud and excited. It was part of the emotion of the moment. As if to say "we have it now" Which they did and they earned the right to display there excitement.

Also, I dont recall anyone from Bradley claiming there should have been a slam in the last match in 2000. They knew they lost it fair and square.

Reuben128 you are wrong the boy didn't walk into a lateral drop Adams did an outside single picked the boy's leg up and did a front trip rather hard might i add. It is a legal move no room for it to be called a slam. I do remember there being a fuss and wanting the move to be called a slam. Brick house relook your info before you talk or i'll get sommers on you!!! :blink:

Reuben128 you are wrong the boy didn't walk into a lateral drop Adams did an outside single picked the boy's leg up and did a front trip rather hard might i add. It is a legal move no room for it to be called a slam. I do remember there being a fuss and wanting the move to be called a slam. Brick house relook your info before you talk or i'll get sommers on you!!! :D

825582940[/snapback]

Are you Referring to the wanting a slam call? If so Im not saying there may not have been a few who were hoping to get a call, But I dont recall any coaches from BC or any of the knowledgeable BC fans thinking there was anything illegal. I can guarantee you no one would have wanted a title that way. We got beat by a better man there. I know our family left that night thinking of a few matches we thought we should have won or done better in but I dont remeber us saying we got shafted by a non call of a slam or any other decision by the referree.

Edited by Brickhousechick