IMAC Predictions

IMACJack

IMAC tournament resumes today at Rogersville where I predict Greenville will beat Morristown West by at least 12 points without Shumate (rest him for the regionals)

. West barely held off a Deering-less Jeff County (fouled out). Murner and Champion on inside and Anderson on the outside will be too much for them.

Cherokee should prevail a third time against the smaller Morristown East. Wynder will be too much for the kids from MTown(too small and not athletic enough to stop him and his teammates) Cherokee by 15. East barely held off a Buckner-less Cocke County-fouled out early too. Wynder's inside and outside game will be too much for them.

Both games are big since the losers will end up 3rd and 4th in regions which means they will most likely play 1 and 2 seeds (Science Hill).

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMAC tournament resumes today at Rogersville where I predict Greenville will beat Morristown West by at least 12 points without Shumate (rest him for the regionals)

. West barely held off a Deering-less Jeff County (fouled out). Murner and Champion on inside and Anderson on the outside will be too much for them.

Cherokee should prevail a third time against the smaller Morristown East. Wynder will be too much for the kids from MTown(too small and not athletic enough to stop him and his teammates) Cherokee by 15. East barely held off a Buckner-less Cocke County-fouled out early too. Wynder's inside and outside game will be too much for them.

Both games are big since the losers will end up 3rd and 4th in regions which means they will most likely play 1 and 2 seeds (Science Hill).

825578640[/snapback]

Wait and see what happens "on the court" not your computer. If the refs let them play these could be some good games. A group of IMAC refs are control freaks and not likely to let them play. They look to foul "certain players" out and control the outcome of the important games. If that happens then unfortunately Jack you are probably right............... "too small and not athletic enough"????

Wait and see what happens "on the court" not your computer. If the refs let them play these could be some good games. A group of  IMAC refs are control freaks and not likely to let them play. They look to foul "certain players" out and control the outcome of the important games. If that happens then unfortunately Jack you are probably right............... "too small and not athletic enough"????

825578708[/snapback]

I agree with you on the IMAC refs. Some of the worst game controllers I have seen. Even so I dont think MEast will be able to stop Wynder .They were not able to in 2 previous games. Same players, same coaches so dont expect any different outcome. As far as MWest goes what ranked teams have they beat this year? M East(not saying much).

Wait and see what happens "on the court" not your computer. If the refs let them play these could be some good games. A group of  IMAC refs are control freaks and not likely to let them play. They look to foul "certain players" out and control the outcome of the important games. If that happens then unfortunately Jack you are probably right............... "too small and not athletic enough"????

I agree with you on the IMAC refs. Some of the worst game controllers I have seen. Even so I dont think MEast will be able to stop Wynder .They were not able to in 2 previous games. Same players, same coaches so dont expect any different outcome. As far as MWest goes what ranked teams have they beat this year? M East(not saying much).

please whine about something,please

Speaking of those refs, check out what the Cocke County's Coach Whaley thought.

Whaley Speaks out in Plain Talk.

“You just hate to see your best player go out like that,” said Cocke County head coach David Whaley. “And the officials know who the best players are. And I’ve always been a strong advocate, and right here proves it, I think we need to have officials we do not see all year, neutral officials from another association. And it

would make it way better.”

“I just feel like they see us all year, and are anticipating calls. I’m not accusing anyone of cheating, but I’d prefer them (officials) coming from a neutral association,” the coach noted about the fact that District tournament officials come from within the District, while Regional tournament referees come from other associations.

I think a good share of coaches and fans would agree with him.

Edited by Port_Vol

yea our 4th seed is probably better than your 1st seed, thats a stretch, but if south turns out to be the 4th seed, the way they are playing right now, they could beat Greenville, which is your best, the rest of our teams will work any other team in the IMAC so no contest there, It's a matter of who puts out Greeville, whether it be Science Hill, Tennessee High, David Crockett, or Sullivan South

I agree with you on the IMAC refs. Some of the worst game controllers I have seen.  Even so  I dont think MEast will be able to stop Wynder .They were not able to in 2 previous games. Same players, same coaches so dont expect any different outcome. As far as MWest goes what ranked teams have they beat this year?  M East(not saying much).

825578994[/snapback]

You really don't need to stop Wynder, just slow him some. The key is shutting everyone else down. Greeneville has done this effectively against Cherokee even though Wynder had big games. He is just an incredible athlete but he can't get it done alone.

Obviously the third times the charm for MoEast. Big win to take them to the finals against Greeneville. Greeneville seemed to struggle some offensively against West but their awesome defense kept this one in the win column. Barring another unfortunate injury, Greeneville should take home another IMAC championship.

825580897[/snapback]

Yes Barb I can hear the song now after the game Friday night "We Are the Champions, We Are the Champions". Morristown East's scorers, Basile,Shaw,Dedrick,Goins etc were held to low points as predicted by a weak Cherokee defense and we will effectively shut them down. Greenville has nothing to worry about a so called "balanced attack" of ten points each. We will hold them to under 40. Just hand us the trophy now. As far as Science Hill goes, when Shumate is back and I think it may be friday, you guys better go and hide with all your big plans.

Edited by IMACJack