Official retirement speech from Kev B

KevB1990

I had talked about retiring last year when I was determined to spend more time with my ex-fiance and her daughter trying to improve what was unimproveable (is that a word?) but came back after I figured out I needed to do what I wanted to and not bail because of something like that.

Now, I'm retiring for good because it seems a man can't share his opinion and facts with others that have asked questions in the county in which I live in...it's a lot like politics, you're only as good as the people who like what you have to say.

Evidently, I've offended some folks for simply stating the obvious and giving my opinion, which I am entitled to and have not degraded anyone in the process. But for the sake of semi-harmony, I will no longer post on here. I may play the Big Ones and check for records of teams, but no more posts.

BTW, I am getting married in June to the nurse I started dating two months after the other one decided she couldn't make things work with her kid and I'm so much better off.

Have fun guys...it was great while it lasted, but sometimes you have to know when to say when.

(02-24-05...UPDATE ONLY...don't get your hopes up for a comeback)

I have tendered my resignation as SID at Rutledge effective March 1 because of my opinions on girls' basketball being posted on here...I over-stepped my bounds and I know I was incorrect in doing so with it being well known who I am...

At least I didn't hide my opinion behind an unknown alias.

I reserve the right to reconsider someday, but I think I'll do better off without the drama.

Edited by KevB1990

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had talked about retiring last year when I was determined to spend more time with my ex-fiance and her daughter trying to improve what was unimproveable (is that a word?) but came back after I figured out I needed to do what I wanted to and not bail because of something like that.

Now, I'm retiring for good because it seems a man can't share his opinion and facts with others that have asked questions in the county in which I live in...it's a lot like politics, you're only as good as the people who like what you have to say.

Evidently, I've offended some folks for simply stating the obvious and giving my opinion, which I am entitled to and have not degraded anyone in the process. But for the sake of semi-harmony, I will no longer post on here. I may play the Big Ones and check for records of teams, but no more posts.

BTW, I am getting married in June to the nurse I started dating two months after the other one decided she couldn't make things work with her kid and I'm so much better off.

Have fun guys...it was great while it lasted, but sometimes you have to know when to say when.

825580711[/snapback]

Don't let anybody get to you. I'm pretty new around here, and I'm just a camper because you usually have most of the stuff I am interested in covered better than I could ever do. I just log on, read your posts, and nod my head.

If you quit, I will mess up more D2AA stuff than a team of mules can pull back in line.

When the internet crashes and burns, and life flies into total chaos. I will blame you for quitting, and throwing things out of balance.

Coward, :o , I know you are exactly right on the politics of Grainger County. Don't let it run you off. You are a district representative and not just a pioneer faithful, even though I have seen you bleed and it was Blue and Gray with a subtle hint of Orange this year. Volunteerish wasn't it.

You can Run but you can't hide. Get back on here. She will understand. B)

You are better off with out Bobby Sue and the pakistanian (Doc Hollywood).

I'll find you, sic your new to be neighbors on you to be whipped until surrender by a wet noodle from buffalo springs and dragged down Owl hole Gap until you are as skinny as Skylar McMan.

The pen is mightier than the sword and I' know for a fact the only one Briscoe has is plastic, sword that is. :lol:

KevB, seems to me that you resigned from the wrong post. You are a good journalist and ther are nothing wrong wit your post on here, you give great information.

But, you should not downgrade any of the coaching staff at Rutledge High School if you are going to be their sports information director, you should be applauding them and lifting them up.

Maybe you should resign as the SID, but that is your decision.

Edited by Hit&run

Well a sport reporter wheither on radio or paper has to be objective. Not say everything is okay when clearly there is a problem. He would not be doing anyone who reads a paper justice. If they want that kind of reporting they need to let their Year Book Staff cover it for them.

KevB look me up at the game tonight, if your there I need to talk to you.