2005 - TBCA AA Pre-Season Rankings Out

strongarm

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should be in atleast the top 5 or 6, we only lost 3 players last year one of which was our lead off man Pryor, but we have some1 to step up and take over that top spot....everyone will know what im talking about when the season rolls around...just watch out for Seymour baseball

Edited by seymourbsbll19

I think we should be in atleast the top 5 or 6, we only lost 3 players last year one of which was our lead off man Pryor, but we have some to step up and take over that top spot....everyone will know what im talking about when the season rolls around, GET READY PIGEON FORGE!

825580985[/snapback]

Go prove it and I'm sure the good ole folks over at TBCA will have you up there!

Polls are put together using coaches predictions for their district and area as well as "history" of the teams. Obviously, things will change, they always do, we won't really know until mid to late April who the best teams are and that doesn't even mean you will get out of the district tournament because anything can happen and usually does. Hopefully, these will give us a starting point based on what we know on paper. Thruought the season I will need information on teams and how they are doing. All help is appreciated, but I try to base these on what happens on the field, not opinions. Also, there are many good teams in the state that don't get ranked and if they prove it on the field they will find themselves in a position to get ranked. However, rankings mean nothing - what happens on the field means everything. Lastly, it is a very time consuming job and thankless as well as I put in a lot of time compiling the info on 4 divisions in a 72 hour period every two weeks - So before you start dogging me out this year, remember, that these polls are worth what i'm getting paid to do them - nothing!! JD good luck to everyone this spring and keep me posted on your overall and district records.

I put this on the A poll message as well. One thing though, I need information on Seymour, have left message but no return call from coach - they had a coach a couple of years ago who helped me out tremendously but he is no longer there. So if you can - get the coach to fill out the team preview form at www.tbca.org thanks, jd

I'd add Lexington to the mix there somewhere. They are loaded. I know Patterson wants to fly under the radar screen, but I've got to give credit to that team. I saw them first hand as freshmen and know what they are capable of. Lots of team speed, and a deep, deep pitching staff. Watch for the J. Keck's little brother. They have a brutal schedule, loaded with good AAA teams, but in the end they will be right there.

I'm going to say the road the AA state championship will again go through District 11 AA. Two out the last 3 have come from there. With Lexington and Milan in 11AA, and Covington, Dyer County, Ripley, Jackson South Side, etc. dominating also in West TN, they will bring home the gold again for the 4th straight year.