Mt. Pleasant, Wayne County

basketballfanatic

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight's game for the District 12 a title was one of the best games I've ever witnessed. The fans on both sides, and even other schools were going crazy, the players brought their best games, it was simply awesome. Congrats to Daniel Doyle on his career-high 27 points tonight, including a layup at the end of regulation to send us into overtime when all hope seemed lost for us.

MP is an awesome team, and I expect us to end up playing them for the Region Championship, and when/if we do, we'll once again be ready.

Props go out to Lance Nutt for winning Player of the Year, and playing a great game despite the fact he was doing good to walk, Joseph Ruddle for being ever so consistant when we needed him, and Bryant for having another solid game.

If Eagleville next week is half as exciting and action packed as this week in Mt. Pleasant was, I can't wait.

Go Cats.

I will also have to say that was one of the best high school games i have ever seen!! Although i wish the outcome would have been different!! But congrats to Wayne Co.! And to MP, you have nothing to hang your heads about! Both teams laid it on the line and played with heart, the way the game is supposed to be played! Good luck to both, and hopefully we can see ROUND 2!!!!

Anyone who attended that game and didn't enjoy the atmosphere is just not a basketball fan. Both teams gave it their all. That is what high school sports should be. It was well played and well coached. The fans supported their teams without getting out of control. The only negative I saw was when MP shot the technical to begin the second half. I was told it was because a player for WC was dunking in warmup. Can anybody confirm that?

Yes Justin Bryant layed the ball in and barely touched the rim. And when Wayne Co. got ready to take the court the refs told coach franks that Justin got a technical for dunking which Ruddle was watching it and he didnt. If you ask me I think it was the refs trying to give to Mt. Pleasant. but thats just an opinion

825590327[/snapback]

I think that touching the rim is a violation. You said that it was Bryant. That's #32 isn't it. Then you said that Ruddle said he didn't touch the rim. Which one was it?

I saw him dunking the ball at the game with MP during the regular season. No technicals were called then. I missed it at the tournament. I was getting refreshed. It was hot upstairs. They need to do something about the heat in that gym.

I am just wondering what the rule really says....  Does it say that a player is not allowed to "touch" the rim or "grab" the rim... Or does it say that a player is not allowed to dunk the ball in warm-ups.  Anyone have an answer?????

825590563[/snapback]

You may not touch the rim at all. This includes just trying to jump up and touch it to see how high you can jump. It's not neccesarily dunking, but normally when the rim is touched it includes dunking, so somewhere along the line (i guess) people thought that dunking got the "T", which is incorrect.