I'm proud of--------

rigger101

I'm proud of the following:

1. Our 103 coming out for the team as a freshmen with no wrestling back ground and showing us how a little guy can fight. He also placed in a Tourney.

2. Our heavyweight a JR transfer that weighs less than 200 beating larger kids and some of the top Hvys in D-ll and never backing down.

3. Our 119 freshmen taking on the best in his wgt class and having the guts and skills to beat the best.

4. The 112/125 a freshman taking his beatings at 125lbs to help his team win and giving up 10+ lbs per match. Then placing 2nd in the region at 112 when he was allowed to drop and being one match away from placing at State.

5. Our 125lb Paul Mountain, senior. Who will be missed and came back from major injuries last year to finally get over the hump and place at State.

6. Watching Justin and Nick, two friends reach the highest level in the State Tournament.

7. The parents all there supporting each other’s young men at Region and State.

8. Shane Reveiz 189lbs, 1st year soph who followed in the footsteps of his older brother giving wrestling a chance. Wanting to quit after a few weeks but having enough internal fortitude to stick it out and take 1st in his region and 1 match away at State from winning a medal.

8. The chance to know a great young man and coach like Kerry Ferguson! He will be moving away this weekend and will be greatly missed by the parents and young men of this team. You have now helped coach 3 State Champs, 5 finalists and 6 medalists. Not bad for a part time coach and full time Student! Kerry you may not have won State while in High School but you will always be a Champion in the hearts of our young men and my family. Good luck and help teach those folks in NJ how to speak correctly! :D thumb

Edited by rigger101

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm proud of our whole team. They really reached deep this year and had an outstanding year. A few that stick out.........

1. Ben Scott placing at state on a knee that was hideously grotesque.

2. Uri Hansen fighting through intense pain to win region and make it to the state finals.

3. Ryan Cain giving 100% of his heart and soul to our team, no matter the task.

4. Rob Harrison and Vincent Page maturing on the mat.

5. Chad Warren refusing to accept anything less than a regional championship.

6. Jonas Gibbs scoring takedowns like they were going out of style.

This year will always be memorable not only for our team, but for our region as well.

Edited by CoachBray

Big Tim Leach of Franklin for coming to region tournament after taking the ACT that morning and winning !st place.

Bond Davis for taking the hard road this year by staying up at 160 allowing Heacock to have 152 and helping the team win state duals.

Bradley Felix for coming back after missing his junior year to place at state. A for the look on his face when Kelly won.

Mike Ortiz and Joel Konz for finally making it to the top.

John Kirn for sticking with wrestling after giving up football. What a great season he had.

And last but not least David Jackson for staying with his team as a JV wrestler because he loved to wrestle.

Franklin had 5 great seniors that will be missed next year.

Big Tim Leach of Franklin for coming to region tournament after taking the ACT that morning and winning !st place.

Bond Davis for taking the hard road this year by staying up at 160 allowing Heacock to have 152 and helping the team win state duals.

Bradley Felix for coming back after missing his junior year to place at state.  A for the look on his face when Kelly won.

Mike Ortiz and Joel Konz for finally making it to the top. 

John Kirn for sticking with wrestling after giving up football.  What a great season he had.

And last but not least David Jackson for staying with his team as a JV wrestler because he loved to wrestle.

825582932[/snapback]

NY City, Get a rope!

825582932[/snapback]

But they will have the siblings with Ryan Konz leading the way.

rigger101  Yesterday, 10:19 PM Post #1 

4. The 112/125 a freshman taking his beatings at 125lbs to help his team win and giving up 10+ lbs per match. Then placing 2nd in the region at 112 when he was allowed to drop and being one match away from placing at State.

Who is that, Turner? You may have a state champ brewing there.

CoachBray Posted Yesterday, 10:31 PM

I'm proud of our whole team. They really reached deep this year and had an outstanding year.

This year will always be memorable not only for our team, but for our region as well.

My goodness, you just said a mouth full! West TN may be developing into a hot spot in TN Wrestling like NEVER BEFORE!! I see that also in East TN as well. We'll have to watch out for the level of competition that comes out of regions 1 & 2 (huge!!).

soms

1. Finally getting a state medalist

2. Watching the wrestlers come together as a team and family.

3. Winning more than 2 duals (26-6 this year).

4. Every varsity wrestler having a better than .500 season record.

5. The care and concern I received from my team, parents, and wrestling community with the loss of my father in-law.

6. The courage of my senior 189 to wrestle in the region tournament, the day after his mother passed away. Probably the most couragous thing I have every witnessed as a coach.

7. On that same note, the compassion and love shown from my team and parents, towards my 189 since the death of his mom.

8. Watching my wrestlers excitement during the medal ceremony at state, when Joslin was awarded the 4th place medal. You would have thought that each of them had received that medal.

9. A season with such adversity and joy, that my team will remember the rest of their lives.

I have been in coaching for over 20 years now and have NEVER had a TEAM that was this close. We as coaches get caught up in the concept of this sport being an individual sport, and sometimes lose site that there is a team standing right behind each individual. I have watched these kids fight with each other, laugh with each other, and cry with each other. What a great experience that I have been blessed to be a part of. Thank you.

Chris Adams

Kingston H.S. Wrestling Coach

I'm proud of the way Collierville has developed into a force to be dealt with, in the region and around the state. It has taken 3 coaches, four seasons, and tons of blood sweat and tears, but we are getting repect that we deserve. I'm proud of the guys that won region, placed in state, and amde the program that much better. I'm proud of Memphis wrestling, from the smallest program to the most distinguished. Memphis is moving up and is demanding more respect as a center for wrestling.

I am proud of our 103 sawyer bogle for making it to state.

i am also proud of myself on becoming a 2 time state DISqualifier.

825583467[/snapback]

Don't be so hard on yourself. It's hard to please everyone and many times,,, even yourself. Enjoy life and move on. All your hard work will pay off as you go into adulthood with the same kind of self discipline and perhaps, a little more optimism...

soms

I'm proud of the way Collierville has developed into a force to be dealt with, in the region and around the state. It has taken 3 coaches, four seasons, and tons of blood sweat and tears, but we are getting repect that we deserve. I'm proud of the guys that won region, placed in state, and amde the program that much better. I'm proud of Memphis wrestling, from the smallest program to the most distinguished. Memphis is moving up and is demanding more respect as a center for wrestling.

825583772[/snapback]

No one will be overlooking Region 10 again with this kind of passion and hard work.

soms

No one will be overlooking Region 10 again with this kind of passion and hard work.

soms

825583790[/snapback]

Region 8/10 has definately stepped up this year. I am proud for all of the coaches and local supporters that has made West TN a solid region at the state level. 3 top ten teams. 2 champions. 5 finalists.

Sommers, we also know that no one should overlook your bulldogs. With most returning and the new regional alignments, there is no reason you guys can't dominate.

We are proud of a staff of coaches (Simpson, Miller, Shone and Peden) who take a group of boys and help to transform them into young men. Patient, inner strength and character are as much a part of what I see these boys learn as their wrestling techniques. Not all will learn these lessons but all are exposed.

We are equally proud of ALL the wrestlers on this team varsity & jv each have worked hard and never quit. Each showing support for the other, the likes of which you will not see in other athletic activities.

We are also proud of the parents, grandparents, ect. (even the really boisterous ones). The boys may not always hear are cheering but they always feel our hugs afterwards win or lose.

This message may be directed towards the IRISH but I think in the end is for all of us who enjoy this sport.

"Maireann croi eadrom i bhfad"

A light heart lives longest

Remeber that we should never take ourselves to seriously thumb

WAR IRISH

Edited by Eireannach go Bragh