Mr. Basketball Nominations Single A

LoveIt

I think they give the award out a week or two after state. So yes, it could come down to who has the best post-season. Since Temple is the favorite to win state, I give the edge to Caleb. I have not seen any of the other two players, but its hard to imagine either one of them doing more for his team than Caleb does for Temple. Plus he is impossible to guard.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was also wondering what is the date set for this event in memphis.  i don't know when it is but, i would think i would have to be after state wouldn't it.  i haven't keep up with mr. basketball in the past.  wouldn't post season games affect the outcome of mr basketball or have the totals already been calculated when deciding on who to pick for the finalists.

825585777[/snapback]

There is not an event in Memphis this year, the awards will be given at the state championships. As for the finalists, you pretty much have one from each region, and that is to be expected. All are great players, and there are others that have been left off that are great players also. When you have so many kids from across the state and only a few people to see these kids and nominate them, worthy candidates are going to be left off. I can't complain with the tree chosen, but I couldn't complain had all three been left off and three others chosen. It is an opinion award and we all have different opinions. Whoever wins it, some will agree and others disagree. Good luck to all. thumb

I'm just still absolutely shocked that Webb was not a finalist... It's tough not to pick an SEC signee who led his team to a 26-2 record, and averaged 25 ppg, 12 rpg, 5 bpg, and shot 45% from threes at 6'9...

Bailey is a great player, and would have been a finalist in MANY other years... but this year was going to be tough. So many great players, and Webb has the better "snub" case...

Nicchaeus Doaks is the best player among the finalists, and I hope that he gets a chance to show the rest of the state what he can do at the State Tourney... He can truly dominate the game in every fase of the game (offense, defense, on the boards) like no one else in all of Class A can... Doaks turned down heavy High Major interest to sign with an up and coming UTC program...

That being said, I think it will be tough to beat out Skogen for the award. The only player I though could beat him out for it was Webb, because of similar team record to go along with his game... But among the finalists, Skogen has the game, the team, and the hype to make him a slight favorite... I still like Doaks as the best player among the finalists...

I'm just still absolutely shocked that Webb was not a finalist... It's tough not to pick an SEC signee who led his team to a 26-2 record, and averaged 25 ppg, 12 rpg, 5 bpg, and shot 45% from threes at 6'9...

Bailey is a great player, and would have been a finalist in MANY other years... but this year was going to be tough. So many great players, and Webb has the better "snub" case...

Nicchaeus Doaks is the best player among the finalists, and I hope that he gets a chance to show the rest of the state what he can do at the State Tourney... He can truly dominate the game in every fase of the game (offense, defense, on the boards) like no one else in all of Class A can... Doaks turned down heavy High Major interest to sign with an up and coming UTC program...

That being said, I think it will be tough to beat out Skogen for the award. The only player I though could beat him out for it was Webb, because of similar team record to go along with his game... But among the finalists, Skogen has the game, the team, and the hype to make him a slight favorite... I still like Doaks as the best player among the finalists...

825587776[/snapback]

good post gomab- I agree with everything except that I think Caleb does more for his team and is more of a dominating player than doaks- Caleb's ability to score is unmatched- and then his ability to make other people score - and EASY buckets is exceptional- if he doesn't beat you he MAKES his teamates beat you- but I agree webb should have been there and doaks is skogens best competition...

Where is bailey gonna go? Is he being recruited by any good teams?

825586412[/snapback]

You have to admit Bailey is a great ball player, but when you play college ball ,especially in the D-1 level, some of the greatest High School bball players are not even standouts. Bailey has a great shot but his size may keep him from going D-1, but if he does good from him.

Edited by bigbody1220