Toppers TOP the Viks

Topper70

CRAZY GAME! went to OT and the Toppers pull it out by 6, so much angst in the air in there and don't even do the "what about football" garbage, this is bball get real. us SHHS kids can take it anywhere, anybody that was at the game want to say our fans aren't up for our team? you are crazy. anyway, who's next?

Edited by Topper70

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea the game was definately one of the best ive seen this year...and our fans were WILD...all of our games against them this year have been extremely close throughout, but we managed three times to come out with the W....sign of a quality team. yea they might be able to beat us in football, i guess they just couldnt figure out anything else to say right after they just got embarrased on their home court? leave the football trash talking for the fall, its basketball season and you just got rocked.

Edited by shtopper05

yea the game was definately one of the best ive seen this year...and our fans were WILD...all of our games against them this year have been extremely close throughout, but we managed three times to come out with the W....sign of a quality team.  yea they might be able to beat us in football, i guess they just couldnt figure out anything else to say right after they just got embarrased on their home court?  leave the football trash talking for the fall, its basketball season and you just got rocked.

825587662[/snapback]

THS didnt get rocked. They took you to OT. Although you might have gotten the win, you have to look at how many players science hill played compared to how many THS played. Ths played 5 players the whole game. But just wait until the regional championship game when hopefully we will meet again and the outcome will be different. And this regional game will be officiated a lot different. Look at the 3 games when you all played us this year, they were poorly officiated.

I'll agree that the comment made by shtopper05 was rediculous, ya'll clearly didn't get rocked, but we came out on top in a close game, you make the comment about you only playing 5 starters pretty much the whole game, that just shows that you have no depth at all and we should beat you, even though we have clearly struggled to do that in the 3 games this year...and what makes you think if we both make it to the regional championship, that the outcome will be different? jw?...even when yall put 2 guys on Omar the whole time other players stepped up and took over the game, ya'll played a box 1 the whole time pretty much which pretty much put 2 guys on Omar the whole game...I'm sure if we do meet again though, it'll be another great game, and what was the deal with all your parents trying to fight students in our student section, 40 year old men out there trying to fight 18 year old kids, its a bit rediculous, can you explain that to me?

THS didnt get rocked. They took you to OT. Although you might have gotten the win, you have to look at how many players science hill played compared to how many THS played. Ths played 5 players the whole game. But just wait until the regional championship game when hopefully we will meet again and the outcome will be different. And this regional game will be officiated a lot different. Look at the 3 games when you all played us this year, they were poorly officiated.

825589681[/snapback]

are you stupid or what. the refs. never screw dale burns. because he controls who calls the arbys. and we all know they eat that up. ths only has 2 players. Terrill and Johnson. the other 3 fill up space.

are you stupid or what. the refs. never screw dale burns. because he controls who calls the arbys. and we all know they eat that up. ths only has 2 players. Terrill and Johnson. the other 3 fill up space.

825589742[/snapback]

yea i agree...the game was officiated fairly towards both teams, no one-sided refs in the game

yea i agree...the game was officiated fairly towards both teams, no one-sided refs in the game

825589753[/snapback]

the first game when omar said that evan clearly hit him on the arm to let yall go up one.. well then next game the ref that called it said that he was counting on the foul and that he owed us one. to me it seems that the ref really screwed us over that game. but i will say it dosent matter you all one and i wish we would have but your players really talk alot of crap sayin they are gonna woop our butts witch hasnt happend yet so we will see if the out come will change in reg. and if both teams play to their capability then we could very well see eachother in state.

and about having 2 players befor shaud evan came we were doing fine all 5 players can play and we have people that can come in to give them breaks like in the first game. goose harmon scored more points than omar and bubby so i think we have more than jus 2 players

the first game when omar said that evan clearly hit him on the arm to let yall go up one.. well then next game the ref that called it said that he was counting on the foul and that he owed us one. to me it seems that the ref really screwed us over that game. but i will say it dosent matter you all one and i wish we would have but your players really talk alot of crap sayin they are gonna woop our butts witch hasnt happend yet so we will see if the out come will change in reg. and if both teams play to their capability then we could very well see eachother in state. 

and about having 2 players befor shaud evan came we were doing fine all 5 players can play and we have people that can come in to give them breaks like in the first game. goose harmon scored more points than omar and bubby so i think we have more than jus 2 players

825590079[/snapback]

maybe those two players did a some point, but they're not consistent like bubby, omar, and ian, all of which got tournament honors, and Ian who got tournament MVP, ya'll won't do well at state because you only have two scorers who are clutch, maybe 3 with that good 3 point shooter, dont know his name, im not sayin we will, but with our depth we have a better chance of going farther, yall are tough though, just need more depth, and dont try to deny it when you use your starting 5 pretty much the whole game

825589681[/snapback]

rocked= 3-0 sweep for us this year....i wasnt talking about any particular game.

poorly officiated.......for US you mean??? please....

dont blame the officials, but if your going to, the bad calls went both ways.

oh yea, you still havent answered the question about why your parents were about to brawl with our student section??

Edited by shtopper05

This was an outstanding High School basketball game with a great atmosphere. Either team could have won the game and both had their chances. Two turnovers late in regulation and then again in overtime is what doomed Tenn High. The officiating was pretty good as they let them play the game. Both coaches worked hard and the players left everything on the floor. Simply put high school ball the way it's meant to be played.