Coffee Co @ Oakland

MidTennFootball

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OHS has got to get their fouls under control. We cannot do w/o Allen and Dixon down the stretch.

But definitely Allen and Boyd will have my eye in this one. Both will step up and give 120%.

825587378[/snapback]

i think a lot of those fouls tonight were just out of fatigue. once you play that 3rd night in a row, it starts to wear on ya. Hopefully Oakland will be firing on all cylinders on offense, boyd and allen are great offensive talents, but so are joines( head up matt, you will rebound, you always do) dixon and martin

Oakland is definitely the more talented, better-rounded team, but Coffee County right now is just one of those teams you don't want to play in the tournament. They went 2-1 as a 7 seed, and are argubaly playing their best ball of the year right now. I'll still take Oakland in this one, but if the Pats are caught sleeping, CC could steal one.

Only way Coffee wins is if they play a controlled slow-down tempo and keeps the game low scoring. Coffee also needs Magourik back from injury and emotionally if Marcrom can just play a few minutes will be a big lift. Let's be honest though Coffee County has to play a near flawless game to pull off this upset, but there have been bigger upsets.

Coffee has defied the odds. After all they were the 7th seed and are still in the hunt. They cannot be taken lightly at all. After all we know they know how to do the upset.

Can anyone tell me something about this Micah Williams guy?

825587838[/snapback]

i haven't seen him but a couple of times but he can be impressive. he's young, junior i believe, but very athletic, quick and has good size. about 6'4 but seems at times to be bigger by the way he plays. the big factor will be his supporting cast. he had around 38 or 40 against columbia but they still lost. he was under 20 against franklin co but his teammates were involved and thus pulled the upset.

the funny thing about coffee co, is in the 1st round of the district, they upset #2 franklin co and williams had an average game by points. but he was able to get his teammates involved, made assists, etc... as well as on defense. so again, his support is the big issue. if they do shut him down, does the others step up or stand back to see what williams does?

That is what Ii keep hearing....that there is no supporting cast. So shut down Micah and get the W??

825588133[/snapback]

Well if you shut him down COMPLETLY and yes you will get the W but shuttin him down completly means No points,not assists, no rebounds, and no blocks. He had low scoring night against FC but had at least 8 or more assists....probably led the team in rebounds and had 3-4 blocks. So yea if you shut all of that down then yes it will be a W for sure. But it's hard to stop him.